Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Championship club appoint new permanent manager "

Fri May 10, 2019 1:31 pm

BBC

Scott Parker has been appointed Fulham manager on a permanent basis.

The former England midfielder, 38, was promoted from first-team coach to caretaker boss in February after Claudio Ranieri was sacked.

He lost his first five games in charge as Fulham were relegated from the Premier League, but then three of the next four matches.

Chairman Shahid Khan said he believed Parker is "more than up to the task" of returning the club to the top flight.

Parker said: "We are now all focused on ending this campaign with a positive result on Sunday against Newcastle and look forward to preparations for the new season, which have already begun."

Re: " Championship club appoint new permanent manager "

Fri May 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Big risk, be interesting to see how he does tbh. Never managed before, pressure of getting automatic and you wonder if its just a honeymoon period.

Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Big risk, be interesting to see how he does tbh. Never managed before, pressure of getting automatic and you wonder if its just a honeymoon period.

I bet he doesn't last until Christmas

Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Big risk, be interesting to see how he does tbh. Never managed before, pressure of getting automatic and you wonder if its just a honeymoon period.

Agree with that :thumbright:

Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Agree with that :thumbright: