Welsh Independence

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: (OT) Welsh independence march.

Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Lengee wrote:Thank you for your comments Andysince76. They seem fair enough. However I certainly have not labelled anyone as a vile Nazi.

By the way, I watched a programme about descendants of the top Nazis on BBC 4 and it was very thought provoking and emotional. Worth watching on iplayer.
A stark reminder of where narrow minded racist nationalism can lead given strong leaders preaching hate in troubled economic times.
:bluebird:

Of course we can bank on the BBC to have an unbiased view of things. Funny how they did not report last nights attempts in Merthyr to stop people getting to the Farage meeting by remainers who blocked the road, obviously these were people who do not believe in free speech.

Looks like the Merthyr rally was a bit of a non-event! Compare it with last Saturdays independence march in Cardiff, oh and by the way the BBC didn't report that either!

If you think that photograph in Trago Mills car park shows the total number who turned up, you really are living on a different planet. The actual speeches made are available for anyone to see, as are the people who attended. You can take a photograph of the CCS an hour before kick off and see very few fans in the ground, that does'nt mean it will be empty at kick off time. Lets see how Plaid perform in comparrison to a party that has only been in existence for a couple of months at next weeks elections.

Here's another photo from today's Mirror, the caption under it says: "LOW TURNOUT Event in car park failed to draw huge crowds organisers hoped."
Merthyr got it right, no place for fascist in Wales.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Lengee wrote:Thank you for your comments Andysince76. They seem fair enough. However I certainly have not labelled anyone as a vile Nazi.

By the way, I watched a programme about descendants of the top Nazis on BBC 4 and it was very thought provoking and emotional. Worth watching on iplayer.
A stark reminder of where narrow minded racist nationalism can lead given strong leaders preaching hate in troubled economic times.

Of course we can bank on the BBC to have an unbiased view of things. Funny how they did not report last nights attempts in Merthyr to stop people getting to the Farage meeting by remainers who blocked the road, obviously these were people who do not believe in free speech.

Looks like the Merthyr rally was a bit of a non-event! Compare it with last Saturdays independence march in Cardiff, oh and by the way the BBC didn't report that either!

If you think that photograph in Trago Mills car park shows the total number who turned up, you really are living on a different planet. The actual speeches made are available for anyone to see, as are the people who attended. You can take a photograph of the CCS an hour before kick off and see very few fans in the ground, that does'nt mean it will be empty at kick off time. Lets see how Plaid perform in comparrison to a party that has only been in existence for a couple of months at next weeks elections.

Here's another photo from today's Mirror, the caption under it says: "LOW TURNOUT Event in car park failed to draw huge crowds organisers hoped."

Perhaps you can remind us as to how the people of Merthyr voted in the referendum, and how they are likely to vote next week. They know who leads the Brexit party, so if that person is a fascist and there is no place for those sorts in Wales, I guess we can be fairly certain that the Brexit party will be lucky to get more than a handful of votes in Wales next week. On the other hand, if they get more votes than Plaid Cymru, what will that say about the Welsh Nationalists. With Labour & Conservatives so divided, you would expect Plaid to anhilate the opposition in Wales, but somehow, I think not.

Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm

good to see SJS still spouts unrepentant nonsense :lol:

Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So voting to leave a protectionist block ran by unelected trough guzzelers makes me a Facist :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So voting to leave a protectionist block ran by unelected trough guzzelers makes me a Facist :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummmh? Haven't we got elections next week? Unelected - not.
As for fascists, I wasn't thinking of the audience, if you were there or planning to vote for them, but Farage is a very dangerous, far right individual who holds fascist views. Charismatic, good orator, speaks in soundbites, popular with the ordinary man, just like Hitler. Oh, and he was elected too!

Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

As for fascists, I wasn't thinking of the audience, if you were there or planning to vote for them, but Farage is a very dangerous, far right individual who holds fascist views. Charismatic, good orator, speaks in soundbites, popular with the ordinary man, just like Hitler. Oh, and he was elected too!

You really are very stupid but I can’t resist, what Facist views does Farrage hold.
When did we get a vote to decide who the EU President is? Did you vote for Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verhofstat or Selmyr?

Fri May 17, 2019 6:17 pm

If they don't agree with you, call them Nazi, compare the person they agree with to Hitler that'll do it.

FFS It's the politics of a school playground.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Bluegog is still in school... we can’t expect any better.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

You really are very stupid but I can’t resist, what Facist views does Farrage hold.
When did we get a vote to decide who the EU President is? Did you vote for Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verhofstat or Selmyr?

https://colinrtalbot.wordpress.com/2019 ... y-fascist/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 85236.html

Fri May 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Below explains how the EU works. As you can see the Parliament (elected next week) passes new laws.

The European Commission does the day-to-day work of running the EU. It does things like proposing new laws for the European Parliament to vote on, and makes sure that that the laws the European Parliament has passed are used properly. It is based in Brussels (Belgium).
The European Parliament decides whether suggestions from the European Commission should be made into new laws. It helps to decide how much money the EU should spend. It also checks that all the other parts of the EU are working fairly. It is based across Strasbourg (France), Brussels (Belgium) and Luxembourg.

There's so many lies and untruths around you just cant see the wood from the trees.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm

And bang on cue - straight out of the sixth form..

Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Below explains how the EU works. As you can see the Parliament (elected next week) passes new laws.

The European Commission does the day-to-day work of running the EU. It does things like proposing new laws for the European Parliament to vote on, and makes sure that that the laws the European Parliament has passed are used properly. It is based in Brussels (Belgium).
The European Parliament decides whether suggestions from the European Commission should be made into new laws. It helps to decide how much money the EU should spend. It also checks that all the other parts of the EU are working fairly. It is based across Strasbourg (France), Brussels (Belgium) and Luxembourg.

There's so many lies and untruths around you just cant see the wood from the trees.

I’m familiar with the way the EUs structured and didn’t ask you to explain.
Perhaps you could answer the two simple questions I asked you.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Bluegog is still in school... we can’t expect any better.

Actually, I was born in post-war Wales. My father had spent 6 years fighting fascism during the war and grew up knowing that the far right politics that his generation had fought against were wrong. He, like many other are spinning in their graves at thought of Farage and his types rising to power.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Lengee wrote:Sir Jimmy
You made a comment that Junckers father was a Real Nazi and a war criminal. Rather than admitting you were wrong you chose to move the goalposts.
I was going to quote your last thread and answer it. But imho it was just long winded twaddle- and that's being kind.
All the best :bluebird:
And remember... :thumbup: Gorau prinder, prinder geiriau.
:wave:

I'm quite sure that's your honest opinion, but that doesn't make it correct, and as I said I somewhat doubt that it's possible to persuade you differently , and that's being honest if not kind.

All the best :bluebird:

And remember :lol: Malum consilium quod mutari non potest

Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Credit to him, but that was his war. It doesn’t make Nigel Farage a fascist tho, the parallels are just not there.

Fri May 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Well without any disrespect to this gentleman's late father, I lost a total of eleven relatives in the second war serving with both British and Free French forces and the Resistance . Both my parents were decorated and I couldn't count those others I knew closely who fought .
None of them had any particular anti fascist agenda beyond generally opposing the evil excesses of those people, and the reality is that they were far more motivated by nationalism than politics. I can assure you that most were a lot further " right" than Nigel Farage, as people generally were then.
To compare him or anything he's ever said or implied with an evil regime which killed many millions of people, performed genocide and enslaved the civilian populations of much of the world is a most ridiculous and incorrect thing.

How strange to try to invoke the efforts of those who fought to resist foreign rule from an unelected European imperium in defence of the right of an unelected European imperium to rule our country in defiance of a democratic vote !

Fri May 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Jock wrote:Fact: Soros denied he was Jewish to save himself from the camps

'child aged between 9 and 14 lies about his religion to avoid being gassed'. What a c**t Soros is.

Fri May 17, 2019 8:41 pm

This post started out about Wales and independence but somehow like everything else these days it's been hijacked by Brexit.
Farage couldn't answer when was asked by a reporter the other night what the Brexit party can offer Wales. Possibly one of his supporters on here can answer that question?

I know that man in the first video here can offer Wales a bright future, go on, I dare you to listen

https://www.facebook.com/PlaidCymruWale ... 388473522/

Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 pm

BlueGog wrote:This post started out about Wales and independence but somehow like everything else these days it's been hijacked by Brexit.
Farage couldn't answer when was asked by a reporter the other night what the Brexit party can offer Wales. Possibly one of his supporters on here can answer that question?

I know that man in the first video here can offer Wales a bright future, go on, I dare you to listen

I'm sure he can offer it, but could he deliver it ?

In any case, you start off complaining that the threads been hijacked by Brexit. It was hyjacked by Remoaners in point of fact, but still I agree that it's been hyjacked as I said earlier .

What's strange is that you follow up by talking about Brexit .

Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:good to see SJS still spouts unrepentant nonsense :lol:

Getting a little kick in there when you think someone' s on the floor are you ?
I'd answer you but I know you'll have run off to hide at the back of the crowd by the time I write this.
Very impressive.

Fri May 17, 2019 9:04 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
BlueGog wrote:This post started out about Wales and independence but somehow like everything else these days it's been hijacked by Brexit.

In any case, you start off complaining that the threads been hijacked by Brexit. It was hyjacked by Remoaners in point of fact, but still I agree that it's been hyjacked as I said earlier .

Can you answer my question what can the Brexit Party offer Wales?

Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote: Malum consilium quod mutari non potest

How does that relate to the conversation you were having?

Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote: Malum consilium quod mutari non potest

How does that relate to the conversation you were having?

Well , firstly I only included it as a bit of a parody of having a bit of Welsh quoted there at the end, and thought I'd give him something to look up.
If you want to know its a quote from a chap called Publius Syrus and very loosely translated it suggests that his argumentative strategy was continuing to fail because he was just repeating it and not adapting it as the conversation developed.
Literally it's something like 'A plan ( or strategy) is poor if it cannot change'

If you like, it was a little clue for him as to how he could improve his points , wrapped up in a parody of the little motto he ended his post with .

Sat May 18, 2019 8:08 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Jock wrote:Fact: Soros denied he was Jewish to save himself from the camps

'child aged between 9 and 14 lies about his religion to avoid being gassed'. What a c**t Soros is.

Your defending a man whose greed brought misery to millions, there’s an interview online where he basically admits what a c*** he is. Would you defend Mike Ashley or Phillip Green? If Soros backs something, in this case remaining in the EU. you can be sure it benefits George Soros.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 am

BlueGog wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

They can ensure the democratic will of the Welsh people is upheld, whereas Plaid and Labour want to ignore the wishes of the Welsh People and remain in a protectionist block ran by unelected beaurocrats

Sat May 18, 2019 8:25 am

BlueGog wrote:
Jock wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Why should anyone elected in Spain, Greece,France, Germany etc get any say on issues within the United Kingdom? We joined a market for trading nothing more nothing less what we have now is a completely different beast of which we never got to vote whether to join or not.

Remain? Remain in something we never voted to join in the first place.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:32 am

BlueGog wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Well I suppose so.
Reluctantly, because it's not the subject of this thread and it's completely irrelevant to it. I'm not standing for election so it's not my job to tell you that any away , but otherwise you'll accuse me of evading the issue .
I should think what they'll do for Wales is to deliver what Wales has voted for - same as they'll do for everyone else in Britain.
Behind that, I'm not getting drawn into various local issues which are even further away from the subject here.

Anyway, someone here said you're still at school. If that's so you're making a brave effort but I'd caution you against concentrating your efforts on politics at your age because that could easily lead to a career in politics, which is a terrible waste of a life.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Well I suppose so.
Reluctantly, because it's not the subject of this thread and it's completely irrelevant to it. I'm not standing for election so it's not my job to tell you that any away , but otherwise you'll accuse me of evading the issue .
I should think what they'll do for Wales is to deliver what Wales has voted for - same as they'll do for everyone else in Britain.
Behind that, I'm not getting drawn into various local issues which are even further away from the subject here.

Anyway, someone here said you're still at school. If that's so you're making a brave effort but I'd caution you against concentrating your efforts on politics at your age because that could easily lead to a career in politics, which is a terrible waste of a life.

born post war Wales where his dad spent 6 years fighting fascism suggests he is in his 60s/70s.

pretty sure most thought they were fighting the german attempt to conquer Europe without much thought as to what the politics of the germans were..would the invasion of Poland by a communist Germany with much the same goals regarding territory produced a war ? I might be wrong but I think it would..

Sat May 18, 2019 11:10 am

No, you're absolutely right.
If you read my post addressing this I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of people fighting that war had absolutely no political motivation and by today's standards would be considered very racist and much further right than Nigel Farage.

This revamping of ww2 to suit the agenda of leftists and politically correct theorists is very dishonest and baseless .

Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:No, you're absolutely right.
If you read my post addressing this I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of people fighting that war had absolutely no political motivation and by today's standards would be considered very racist and much further right than Nigel Farage.

This revamping of ww2 to suit the agenda of leftists and politically correct theorists is very dishonest and baseless .

People who actually lived during WW2 are actually one of the most pro EU 'groups' there is.
I think the brexiteers have used ww2 and 'blitz spirit' etc a lot more than leftist.
But, as people have said before, this thread is meant to be about Welsh independence so I'll speak no more on brexit.