Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KENNETH ZOHORE FAREWELL?

Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Aa final farewell at united today perhaps a hatrick would be nice but to late.

Re: ZOHORE

Sun May 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Thought he would have started today, couple of nice link ups with Reid last week.

Sun May 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Gets a start must a farewell

Sun May 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Won't lose any sleep if he goes. A total flop this season. He has the physical talent but not the mental side to go with it. I would not trust to perform any better in the Championship either. Cut our losses and sell him for whatever we can get. £5m would be my guess.

Sun May 12, 2019 2:05 pm

fred keenor wrote:Thought he would have started today, couple of nice link ups with Reid last week.

Yeah I think they could have a good partnership next season.

Re: KENNETH ZOHORE FAREWELL?

Sun May 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I think he will stay.

Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:I think he will stay.

I don't see anyone paying anything big for him. Even if someone offered say 5m can Warnock get better for that considering Medine cost 6m.

I personally hope he stays but I think we need to bring in a first choice striker to freshen things up.

Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:I think he will stay.

I don't see anyone paying anything big for him. Even if someone offered say 5m can Warnock get better for that considering Medine cost 6m.

I personally hope he stays but I think we need to bring in a first choice striker to freshen things up.

Agree I reckon he could do a good job coming off the bench in the championship and he's show he can be a decent to good championship striker but we need a first choice top quality striker next season.

Sun May 12, 2019 7:11 pm

I see Patterson getting more game time up top than Zohore!

Sun May 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Ken did thing today Patterson can only dream of.

With Reid as the main man we need it on the deck with clever passing into space. Two top end championship CM's is a must and we'll see a different Ken.

Patterson needs to be coming off the bench if we are just hoofing it to get a late goal.

Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Ken did thing today Patterson can only dream of.

With Reid as the main man we need it on the deck with clever passing into space. Two top end championship CM's is a must and we'll see a different Ken.

Patterson needs to be coming off the bench if we are just hoofing it to get a late goal.

In my opinion we should never see Patterson upfront again.

Sun May 12, 2019 9:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Ken did thing today Patterson can only dream of.

In my opinion we should never see Patterson upfront again.

Good post and I agree completely.
It has been so frustrating that Warnock has taken so long to play with pace upfront. ie Lang and Murphy instead of insisting on playing Hoillet week in week out. I am amazed how many in here slag off Zahore when he has hardly had any run of games through the season! we should keep him in the Championship.In the case of Reid, he has hardly been a regular pick! That has been a bit puzzling as well.Last game of the year and we play with pace upfront and Zahore and Reid together.
The Patterson experiment upfront went on far too long.
On balance, think Warnock has been a very good manager but imo he has made mistakes in his selections and has his favourites. (Hoillet Bamba Patterson)
E.g. Look at the Manga situation... He played as full back when he is prob the best centre back. Will Bamba be first choice again next year....at 35!

Neil is a master at playing down expectations and " managing" fans. He has said hat it's been one of his best season's as a manager. We shouldn't have been on the same pitch as some teams etc ....
I don't go along with that.
The team has almost always given 100% but ultimately we were relegated.That is not success.
I think he deserves to carry on if he wishes to. But I take some of his comments with a big pinch of salt. And I worry that if we get off to a bad start next year, he may end up leaving on a sour and disappointing note. That would be sad. :bluebird: