Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Some may not agree with me today but "

Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm

I'm sure some of you will not agree at this moment, due to the relegation.

But I'm so proud of the whole club this season. I didn't expect us to have a chance of staying up and we got so much closer than I expected.

I honestly thought we'd finish bottom of the league and only get a couple of wins.

We have exceeded all reasonable expectations from most.

Very proud of the team and the club, in which the club has had to go through some very difficult situations.

Roll on next season now, I for one can't wait :thumbright:

Re: " Many may not agree with me today but "

Sun May 12, 2019 4:09 pm

couldnt agree more :bluescarf: we will be back :ayatollah:

Sun May 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Totally agree

Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Deffo agree

Sun May 12, 2019 4:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm sure many of you will not agree at this moment, due to the relegation.

But I'm so proud of the whole club this season. I didn't expect us to have a chance of staying up and we got so much closer than I expected.

I honestly thought we'd finish bottom of the league and only get a couple of wins.

Very proud of the team and the club, in which the club has had to go through some very difficult situations.

I agree with everything you say. I didn’t expect us to stay up and also predicted Huddersfield would go. What did surprise me was the superb team spirit and the amount of bad luck and injustice we’ve had to put up with. We came very close to pulling it off

Re: " Some may not agree with me today but "

Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Well said.Roll on next season.

Sun May 12, 2019 4:48 pm

I thought we would give it a good go to be honest and we did. We generally know our strengths and play to them, we can look back and think yes we gave it a good go.

The fact that in the end it was down to 2 points everyone will look back over the season and see where we could have and should have picked up points. The obvious one being Fulham the other week.

I always think back to us playing well at arsenal away, then beating Bournemouth and Southampton and then got some reason changing everything that worked and Everton and Watford home followed by wolves away was a disaster. Just couldn't get my head around so many strange changes.

But I think every player gave their all as did the management. I really hope we bounce back.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:01 pm

I think the season went pretty much how I imagined. Gave it a great go. Just fell short. Some very bad luck. And some extremely bad decisions...

But we'll be back! Stronger! Squad won't change much. Warnock will be here. Reid will bang them in. Can't wait for next season. I'll be there.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:11 pm

The usual suspects on here, always agree with each other, I’ll say it again playing without a proper striker and not preparing better in the Summer and Tan not providing the cash for quality players was the reason why Cardiff got relegated and Tan and the board, lacked ambition. We had a Championship side playing in the Premier league. The Cardiff city board ( Tan) let the fans down again for the second time in the Premier league, with a Capital city of Wales, we deserved more and I expected we would consolidate our place in the Premiership , and stay up, and to beat our rivals the Jacks time in the Premiership , the season was hugely disappointing for me.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:The usual suspects on here, always agree with each other, I’ll say it again playing without a proper striker and not preparing better in the Summer and Tan not providing the cash for quality players was the reason why Cardiff got relegated and Tan and the board, lacked ambition. We had a Championship side playing in the Premier league. The Cardiff city board ( Tan) let the fans down again for the second time in the Premier league, with a Capital city of Wales, we deserved more and I expected we would consolidate our place in the Premiership , and stay up, and to beat our rivals the Jacks time in the Premiership , the season was hugely disappointing for me.

The usual suspects talking sense and the usual suspect talking crap - as usual.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Well Said Ned :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun May 12, 2019 5:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm sure some of you will not agree at this moment, due to the relegation.

Ned, I couldn't agree more! :clap: :ayatollah:

Sun May 12, 2019 5:21 pm

The OP is spot on.
If only we’d gone for it with a more positive attacking attitude in the Fulham game though.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Fully agree..
Proud of our club, on and off the pitch
Roll ion next season

Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun May 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Totally agree, it’s been a tough season both on and off the pitch, we’ve had to endure so much this season any other club could have crumbled.

Matt Le Tissier summed up today’s performance on SSN today stating that Cardiff proved today they’re not a Championship club... goes to show we are bigger than we were last time we were in thenPL and we’ve proved we can stand with the best.

Just hope NW gets some serious funding now for new players and we bounce straight back up next season

Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Those b*stard pundits.they all to a man said we would go down and well it turns out they were right about that BUT

The b*stard pundits said Neil Warnock had never kept a team in the premier league and wouldn't keep us there and well they were right about that too BUT

Those b*stard pundits said......."

Sun May 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Everyone (including the fans) gave it their best shot. Not quite good enough in the end and not helped by some dodgy decisions and the tragic end to what would have been our record signing. Small differences between success and failure, and who could have predicted the club would have lost the person who everyone hoped would provide the goals that may have kept us up.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Come on City straight back up.

Sun May 12, 2019 5:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm sure some of you will not agree at this moment, due to the relegation.

Spot on mate blooooooobirds :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Just think if we’d beaten Fulham or palace we’d have stayed up

Sun May 12, 2019 6:24 pm

I thought we'd do better, but there we are.
We did a fantastic thing but it was a bit harder than we thought. Even then I agree with the op that there are no complaints

On this bitter sweet day , which is only a pitfall on the way if we persist , I watched this and I think it's very aposite.
Please watch it.

https://youtu.be/14IVzLjoFBQ

Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:The usual suspects on here, always agree with each other, I’ll say it again playing without a proper striker and not preparing better in the Summer and Tan not providing the cash for quality players was the reason why Cardiff got relegated and Tan and the board, lacked ambition. We had a Championship side playing in the Premier league. The Cardiff city board ( Tan) let the fans down again for the second time in the Premier league, with a Capital city of Wales, we deserved more and I expected we would consolidate our place in the Premiership , and stay up, and to beat our rivals the Jacks time in the Premiership , the season was hugely disappointing for me.

How can you possibly blame Tan and the board, genuinly lost for words by that.

Tan backed Warnock in the Championship and bought him the players he wanted in the Summer then was willing to break our transfer record in January.

What more could Tan and the board do?

Sun May 12, 2019 6:56 pm

We are in a much better place as a club now. Anybody who feels this season has been a disappointment is just a f*cking deluded hater.

Tell you what though those two games we drew with Newcastle and Huddersfield at the start of the season cost us.

Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm

We went up a season early didnt we .We managed things very well I thought and to be honest if the Chelsea game had gone are way we should of had 3 points apart from the officials cocking it up.we would now be a point above Brighton.
Any way we are in a strong position next season I feel it's all been managed right bang on.
Then you have the Sala tragidy so adding it all up we come so close just a few points from actually staying up.So although disappoint I'm fine with it all .
Looking forward to next season hope NW stays think we have a good shot at it with him there .

Sun May 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Unlike last time in the PL I enjoyed the season although more than angry on a number of occasions on what seemed less than balanced refereeing e.g. Chelsea/Watford.

I felt we punched above our weight. Much criticism by some (not me) of NW playing style but you cut your cloth accordingly. NW style is very efficient in terms of numbers of chances created. Maybe if Sala had lived and refs could see things would have been very different.

Greatly disappointed we were relegated but because we did not mortgage our future with excessive spending and salaries we can re-group and fight another day. Hopefully Tan and NW can agree on a spend for next year.

Immensely proud of NW and the Team. One knock after another they kept on fighting right to the very end.

Also very proud of the fans. Always supportive and never on the Teams back. Rousing reception and display of unity after the Palace game. You couldn't say that last time.

To end - Thanks to NW, the Team and fans for a season that really made me proud to be a Cardiff City supporter.

Season ticket holder 115

Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm sure many of you will not agree at this moment, due to the relegation.

I agree with everything you say. I didn’t expect us to stay up and also predicted Huddersfield would go. What did surprise me was the superb team spirit and the amount of bad luck and injustice we’ve had to put up with. We came very close to pulling it off

My sentiments exactly, let's go again,night games,and a derby to boot,maybe another promotion push :?: well done bluebirds,one & all. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: