Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Gunners “

Sun May 12, 2019 7:01 pm

Amazing send off from our fans today and totally acknowledged by Gunners :bluebird:

That viking clap was emotional gutted didn't record it but what a moment to be there to see him go off and come over at the end... :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Gunners “

Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 pm

:bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 12, 2019 8:01 pm

I wish him well.

Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm

https://twitter.com/1rhysparsons/status ... 88641?s=20

Mon May 13, 2019 12:39 am

welsh_sponger wrote:https://twitter.com/1rhysparsons/status/1127628857887088641?s=20

Cheers,the fans were magnificent again today, well done to all that travelled :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon May 13, 2019 6:36 am

I feel sorry for plastic fans (this word gets used wayyy too much!) in a way. I mean, they sit at a table in a bar, they might get to venture to the w/c or perhaps go to the bar for a packet of crisps.. and then sit down again. Those City fans on the other hand, get to travel up & down the country, often making lifelong friends in the process, get to be a part of the emotions, raw, live and undiluted, take photos that will last them a lifetime.

Those City fans are the lucky ones!

Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 am

Alan_in_China wrote:I feel sorry for plastic fans (this word gets used wayyy too much!) in a way. I mean, they sit at a table in a bar, they might get to venture to the w/c or perhaps go to the bar for a packet of crisps.. and then sit down again. Those City fans on the other hand, get to travel up & down the country, often making lifelong friends in the process, get to be a part of the emotions, raw, live and undiluted, take photos that will last them a lifetime.

I feel sure there is 'meaning' in that post but it's so far off the topic I'm struggling to see where it fits? :?

Are you a 'friend' of Gunnars; or are you just stating that people who travel to away games are (occasionally) privileged to see such emotional scenes?

For the record, Gunnars been a magnificent servant for Cardiff City FC (not quite 'legendary status) and the timing was probably right for him to move on

I wish him well :thumbright:

Mon May 13, 2019 10:47 am

Sven wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:I feel sorry for plastic fans (this word gets used wayyy too much!) in a way. I mean, they sit at a table in a bar, they might get to venture to the w/c or perhaps go to the bar for a packet of crisps.. and then sit down again. Those City fans on the other hand, get to travel up & down the country, often making lifelong friends in the process, get to be a part of the emotions, raw, live and undiluted, take photos that will last them a lifetime.

I feel sure there is 'meaning' in that post but it's so far off the topic I'm struggling to see where it fits? :?

Are you a 'friend' of Gunnars; or are you just stating that people who travel to away games are (occasionally) privileged to see such emotional scenes?

For the record, Gunnars been a magnificent servant for Cardiff City FC (not quite 'legendary status) and the timing was probably right for him to move on

Maybe you'd have prefered I said a simple.. "Good luck Gunnarsson"?

I'm saying that by actually attending games you get to experience such occassions as the Gunnarsson tribute. It was not off topic at all.

Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 am

Sven wrote:

For the record, anyone who has followed my posts will know I'm a critic of the player.

Mon May 13, 2019 2:43 pm

here it is
https://twitter.com/1rhysparsons/status ... 88641?s=20
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-16264463

Mon May 13, 2019 6:17 pm

A fantastic send off. He was emotional
And I think we were too