Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock - stay go stay go

Sun May 12, 2019 10:23 pm

I'm happy for people to correct me but from memory this is how it's felt it has played. I've posted a number of times saying I'm confused why Warnock keeps mentioning his future.

So to me

1st - Warnock if they want me I will stay
2nd - Tan we want him to stay
3rd - Warnock nothing is decided but I want one more year in the championship but very vague.

All while in contract for another year. I feel like Warnock is trying to make a point about something but not sure what. Or is he trying to push his budget? But then I can't see him getting a better chance of his next promotion than us.

I find the whole thing odd and not needed. I think I'd be a bit annoyed if I was Tan. I just don't get the point (and Warnock always had a point)

Re: Warnock - stay go stay go

Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Agreed, it is a little strange. Clearly somethings not right. I also found his comments about this being his last premier league season a little strange. He said he didn't want to go into it, and I'm curious what that was about.

Sun May 12, 2019 11:01 pm

LaBamba wrote:Agreed, it is a little strange. Clearly somethings not right. I also found his comments about this being his last premier league season a little strange. He said he didn't want to go into it, and I'm curious what that was about.

Agents jump to mind, maybe the links for his son being an issue?

Also I wonder if he wanted some kind of new number 2 of a younger person to work with to follow him. Makes sense but depends who it is.

I've just found it all a bit weird, like it didn't need to be mentioned and yes people say he was asked but I feel he is mentioning it.

Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 am

It’s not strange.

Warnock isn’t stupid before he says he’s committing to staying he’s going to make sure he gets the budget he wants next season.

He will be here because he will get what he wants

Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 am

LaBamba wrote:Agreed, it is a little strange. Clearly somethings not right. I also found his comments about this being his last premier league season a little strange. He said he didn't want to go into it, and I'm curious what that was about.

I think he has aluded to this fact before now,I think he detests the prima dona type player, and their collective power (mourihno/pogba feud) and also how decisions tend to favour top six,don't forget his £20,000 fine for in my eyes, telling it how it is/how he sees it,others have got off with slagging off officials ,not nw :?: remember pogba & a few others,stopped trying/playing,for mourihno, and we all know the outcome of that scenario ;) couldn't imagine NW putting up with that shit,without clobbering somebody :lol: personally I hope he stays,but perhaps have a number 2 in place for the attempt at gaining promotion next season, who,if we are successful, can step into his shoes,if he does earn us a promotion again,we should keep him on,in director of football role,if of course he would want to,his football knowledge would be very useful imo. :old: :bluebird:

Mon May 13, 2019 6:40 am

I found his interview on match of the day a bit worrying, i am leaving them in better shape.