Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Plane crash on way to Utd game

Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm

A TEENAGER saved from a burning plane has thanked hero passersby who pulled his family from the burning wreckage and declared: “We are very lucky people”.
Football fan Jack Moore, 19, was flying in the plane with sister Billie Manley, 16, and pilot uncle Stuart Moore when disaster struck on their way to see Manchester United play.
The light aircraft hit overhead power cables and the plane burst into flames when it attempted an emergency landing on a busy road.
Pilot Stuart had taken off from Abergavenny Airfield in South Wales to fly to Old Trafford to see Cardiff City face Manchester United.
The plane burst into flames on the A40 in Monmouthshire — but incredibly did not hit any passing cars.
Jack said: “Absolutely unbelievable that me and my family have walked away from this, just want to say thank you to the passersby that helped us at the scene and also the emergency services.”
Police said the three passengers were treated for their injuries at the scene.

Re: Plane crash on way to Utd game

Mon May 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Apparently this is the second time he's crashed his plane

Mon May 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Apparently this is the second time he's crashed his plane

Where does it state this...? :thumbup:

Mon May 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Sven wrote:

Think a report says it's 2nd time A plane as crashed leaving that airfield not same pilot :old:

Mon May 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Sven wrote:

Saw it on facebook on a Wales online article, few people in the comments saying thats his second time crashing

Mon May 13, 2019 1:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Think a report says it's 2nd time A plane as crashed leaving that airfield not same pilot :old:

Fair enough, thats why i said apparently, cos i wasnt 100% sure

Mon May 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Fair enough, thats why i said apparently, cos i wasnt 100% sure

Think it was said on radio about 2nd crash came from local witness....
Would hope it wasn't his 2nd crash be seriously worried if he was the pilot on my next flight ? :laughing6:

Mon May 13, 2019 2:27 pm

The pilot is an absolute f*cking tool and shouldn't be flying planes, heard from reports second crash and he's lucky he didn't kill anybody else.

He severely delayed a lot of fans travelling up as the A40 had to be closed in both directions cause of this planks crap flyin skills, lets hope he gets a good kicking.

Mon May 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Glad everyone ok but photo,s about show these people being outside trafford before so they could be welsh manure supporters , alive and well thsts all that counts

Mon May 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Saw it on facebook on a Wales online article, few people in the comments saying thats his second time crashing

Ah, Fakebook! :thumbright:

For the record, he didnt actually 'crash'; he made an unscheduled (emergency) landing that potentially saved all three lives, partly thanks the savvy actions of certain people on the scene

No 'mobile phone footage first' thoughts for them! :thumbup: :clap:

Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Surely the OP should have said they were on their way to watch Cardiff City play! :)

Mon May 13, 2019 8:18 pm

mugsy wrote:Surely the OP should have said they were on their way to watch Cardiff City play! :)

Yes they were on way

Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Wolfpac wrote:The pilot is an absolute f*cking tool and shouldn't be flying planes, heard from reports second crash and he's lucky he didn't kill anybody else.

He severely delayed a lot of fans travelling up as the A40 had to be closed in both directions cause of this planks crap flyin skills, lets hope he gets a good kicking.

it was an emergency landing which means there was a problem other than crap flying..
personally id prefer to miss a game and 3 pple live than maybe continue flying with a problem and just fall out of the sky...but yes a kicking should do it...any suggestions for who should carry it out ?
that bloke that chased you maybe.? he sounded pretty nasty.

Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

mugsy wrote:Surely the OP should have said they were on their way to watch Cardiff City play! :)

Yes they are Manure fans going to watch a home games against us :bluebird: