Apparently Manchester City are plotting a move to sign highl

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Manchester City are plotting a move to sign highly-rated Cardiff City defender Cameron Coxe (20).

Coxe is an athletic central defender with City scouts seeing him as a star in the making and someone who can be developed into a first-team player at the Etihad.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Apparently Manchester City are plotting a move to sign h

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 pm

I believe he's a RB which is what we're looking for :lol: Wanted by Man City yet cant get a chance in the Cardiff RB slot and we offer Jazz Richards a new contract blocking his path into the first team. Would be good to see him get some first team football next season as we've been looking for an attacking full back for quite a while and looks like we might have one in our under 23's
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I believe he's a RB which is what we're looking for :lol: Wanted by Man City yet cant get a chance in the Cardiff RB slot and we offer Jazz Richards a new contract blocking his path into the first team. Would be good to see him get some first team football next season as we've been looking for an attacking full back for quite a while and looks like we might have one in our under 23's

Man City buy player with a tiny speck of potential an loan them out just in case. If he went there the chances of him ever getting into a first team squad are very very slim.

It’s not as if he’s a world class right back being held down in our u23 squad.

Jazz Richards at this moment in time is a much better player.
Llan_Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:I believe he's a RB which is what we're looking for :lol: Wanted by Man City yet cant get a chance in the Cardiff RB slot and we offer Jazz Richards a new contract blocking his path into the first team. Would be good to see him get some first team football next season as we've been looking for an attacking full back for quite a while and looks like we might have one in our under 23's

Man City buy player with a tiny speck of potential an loan them out just in case. If he went there the chances of him ever getting into a first team squad are very very slim.

It’s not as if he’s a world class right back being held down in our u23 squad.

Jazz Richards at this moment in time is a much better player.

How many times have you watched both players this season?
WelshPatriot

Postby Bluesman » Tue May 14, 2019 5:47 am

Jazz Richards is continually injured. Get rid of him and give Coxe a chance. If Man City can see his potential why can't Warnock. Warnock likes older players over players who have more potential.
Bluesman

Postby d20 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:11 am

for him to sit in the reserves ,total waste
d20

Postby Don Keydick » Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 am

Bluesman wrote:Jazz Richards is continually injured. Get rid of him and give Coxe a chance. If Man City can see his potential why can't Warnock. Warnock likes older players over players who have more potential.

Absolutely agree, Richards has been a waste of time, and to extend his contract was idiotic.
Don Keydick

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 am

'Silly Season' approaching; and I'm not just talking about every player being linked with other clubs, which might or might not be the case ;)

A summer of entertainment awaits with some of the responses, too! :thumbright: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby realbluebird82 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:11 am

Why is it that our club has failed to develop youngsters for the first team? Surly it will only benefit the club in the long run. Coxe is talented and when he had his rare chance, he played well.So why not give the lad a chance? No brainer really!!
realbluebird82

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue May 14, 2019 8:39 am

IF this is true - then I'll be spitting feathers.

It's players like this that we need to keep hold of - even for at least a season in the championship. Not wishing to deny the lad a shot at the big time - there is ZERO chance he will get anywhere near the Man city first team.

What he needs is first team experience and to play on a regular basis - and that should be with us
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Sven » Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:IF this is true - then I'll be spitting feathers.

It's players like this that we need to keep hold of - even for at least a season in the championship. Not wishing to deny the lad a shot at the big time - there is ZERO chance he will get anywhere near the Man city first team.

What he needs is first team experience and to play on a regular basis - and that should be with us

So seriously, when did you consider Cameron Coxe before he was (tenuously) linked with Man City? :?

Can't remember the last time he played but I vaguely recall he was at error for a goal in the League Cup?

If Man City think they might be able to 'develop' him and it brings in money to our club, then suitable recompense will see all logic go out the window

Can't see it happening myself but this is football and stranger things have happened; some daft club signed that guy Niasse as a striker! ;) :thumbright: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue May 14, 2019 9:03 am

Man City are cheeky buggers!! Hopefully a transfer ban coming their way too!

They literally snaffle up any 'decent' talent up here and put them in their development squads, then move them to academy proper if they are any good. It's like first refusal and what kid would say no to playing in a Man City shirt at 8 years old?! Then when in the academy they are ruthless. Couple of shit games they'll chuck you out overnight. And most that I know have been, luckily they're mostly all picked up by other clubs who seem to have a much more nurturing approach. One even playing England U15s now!
jimmy_rat

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am

realbluebird82 wrote:Why is it that our club has failed to develop youngsters for the first team? Surly it will only benefit the club in the long run. Coxe is talented and when he had his rare chance, he played well.So why not give the lad a chance? No brainer really!!

why is it that any academy player that gets mentioned as being a decent academy player then gets people assuming that they are good enough for our first team and being held back ?
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am

dogfound wrote:
realbluebird82 wrote:Why is it that our club has failed to develop youngsters for the first team? Surly it will only benefit the club in the long run. Coxe is talented and when he had his rare chance, he played well.So why not give the lad a chance? No brainer really!!

why is it that any academy player that gets mentioned as being a decent academy player then gets people assuming that they are good enough for our first team and being held back ?

Very true look at that kid poole that went to man u fans went ballistic how we let him go blah blah blah went to Newport still there so obviously good player but not good enough for championship or higher :old:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am

He's 20 now, I'd be very surprised if this has much substance.
2blue2handle

Postby corky » Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am

I know Cameron and his dad very well, I have been following his progress through every age level for Wales, where he is automatic first choice and is now currently with the Welsh senior squad in the pre Hungary/Croatia training camp.

He is a very good player who did have a torrid game up against a flying winger Marvin Sordell but that was a debut game and he is much better than that but needed a few games to build confidence in the first team rather than a one off.

He will make it in pro football for sure, just hope he gets the chance with Cardiff, he has been here many years now and one of our own.
new season,new start
corky

Postby Crayfish » Tue May 14, 2019 10:15 am

If he is that good that Man City want to sign him even for their development team should he not be loaned out to a league one side next season to see how he does.
Crayfish

Postby ThomasC » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am

corky wrote:I know Cameron and his dad very well, I have been following his progress through every age level for Wales, where he is automatic first choice and is now currently with the Welsh senior squad in the pre Hungary/Croatia training camp.

He is a very good player who did have a torrid game up against a flying winger Marvin Sordell but that was a debut game and he is much better than that but needed a few games to build confidence in the first team rather than a one off.

He will make it in pro football for sure, just hope he gets the chance with Cardiff, he has been here many years now and one of our own.

We all want him to be given a chance, but can't help but be pessimistic due to an appalling ratio in regards to youth players getting games at this club.
ThomasC

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am

Crayfish wrote:If he is that good that Man City want to sign him even for their development team should he not be loaned out to a league one side next season to see how he does.

Totally agree, someone that age should now be getting some game time.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am

ThomasC wrote:
corky wrote:I know Cameron and his dad very well, I have been following his progress through every age level for Wales, where he is automatic first choice and is now currently with the Welsh senior squad in the pre Hungary/Croatia training camp.

We all want him to be given a chance, but can't help but be pessimistic due to an appalling ratio in regards to youth players getting games at this club.

is it this club though...?
would be interesting to see a list of what clubs have brought players through over say a 3 or 5 year period and then how many of those given debuts have gone on to play say 20 or 50 games at that level or higher..

to me the academy seems pointless but be nice to judge it against how others fair.
dogfound

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 am

Id never heard of him until this, and given that a right back has been our ongoing emergency for at least a year, I'd have thought that Sir Neil would've given him a start by now if he was any good .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 11:48 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Id never heard of him until this, and given that a right back has been our ongoing emergency for at least a year, I'd have thought that Sir Neil would've given him a start by now if he was any good .

there has always been { well as long as ive followed the club } this notion we have this unused ignored pool of talent at youth level that's good enough to play at the level the club is at..its not how 20 odd managers saw it over that period though , could they all be wrong ?
the players get released , have agents whose interest it is to get good clubs for their clients but they invariably end up playing at a lower level..along with headlines on here ..3 academy players sign for other clubs..yeah Yeovil, Cambridge and crawley..
no idea how good this kid really is but the man city link seems a bit OTT for a 20 year old.
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Tue May 14, 2019 12:15 pm

We might one day get a chance to sing "he's one of our own".
montyblue

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue May 14, 2019 12:49 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Id never heard of him until this, and given that a right back has been our ongoing emergency for at least a year, I'd have thought that Sir Neil would've given him a start by now if he was any good .

I'm frankly amazed you've never heard of him. He's been discussed on this very message board countless times over the last 2 year's.

He's also a big subject amongst Welsh football fans who follow the senior team.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue May 14, 2019 1:08 pm

dogfound wrote:

there has always been { well as long as ive followed the club } this notion we have this unused ignored pool of talent at youth level that's good enough to play at the level the club is at..its not how 20 odd managers saw it over that period though , could they all be wrong ?
the players get released , have agents whose interest it is to get good clubs for their clients but they invariably end up playing at a lower level..along with headlines on here ..3 academy players sign for other clubs..yeah Yeovil, Cambridge and crawley..
no idea how good this kid really is but the man city link seems a bit OTT for a 20 year old.

He's very good and has been discussed amongst city and Wales fans for the past 2 seasons.

As Warnock pointed out last week he doesn't watch the academy in fact they train in different locations and given the mess around Bellamy and the academy is it no surprise nobody got a chance yet.
WelshPatriot

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue May 14, 2019 2:10 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

He's very good and has been discussed amongst city and Wales fans for the past 2 seasons.

As Warnock pointed out last week he doesn't watch the academy in fact they train in different locations and given the mess around Bellamy and the academy is it no surprise nobody got a chance yet.

:thumbup:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby dogfound » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes ive spoken to people that have seen quite a bit of him that think he is a very decent prospect. but ive heard it before about others who left to achieve very little so im going to be sceptical..
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Right can somebody please name one single player from our youth team who hasn’t been given a chance over the last few years and went on to bigger and better things.

By bigger and better things I mean actually play games consistently at a higher standard then we currently are.

They don’t get a chance because there not good enough.

If people really think we’d be battling for promotions and avoiding relegation with a load of players from our u23’s who have gone on to achieve f**k all in football then they are living on another planet.
Llan_Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Right can somebody please name one single player from our youth team who hasn’t been given a chance over the last few years and went on to bigger and better things.

By bigger and better things I mean actually play games consistently at a higher standard then we currently are.

If people really think we’d be battling for promotions and avoiding relegation with a load of players from our u23’s who have gone on to achieve f**k all in football then they are living on another planet.

So I'll assume you've seen nothing of coxe but happily write him off because of past failings by the club to establish a conveyor belt of talented youth.
WelshPatriot

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 14, 2019 4:09 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Right can somebody please name one single player from our youth team who hasn’t been given a chance over the last few years and went on to bigger and better things.

So I'll assume you've seen nothing of coxe but happily write him off because of past failings by the club to establish a conveyor belt of talented youth.

I'm not knocking Coxe, would love to see him get loaned out next season and prove himself.

However he has a point, to answer his question I can't think of anyone.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat