' Cardiff City, Bristol City and Derby County all '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 am

Cardiff City, Bristol City and Derby County all linked with Scottish wonderkid as Bluebirds send scouts to watch him

Tuesday 14th Ma 2019

By Tom Coleman

Cardiff City are one of three clubs interested in making a move for exciting teenager David Turnbull, according to reports.

The Scottish Sun claims that Bluebirds scouts were in attendance at Motherwell's clash with St Johnstone at the weekend, and were joined by representatives from Derby County and Bristol City.
Cardiff have not yet made any official enquiry for the midfielder, but his talents will surely have impressed Neil Warnock, who's keen on re-building his midfield options as he bids for an instant return to the Premier League.

The talented 19-year-old is likely to attract plenty of interest this summer, marking a stunning breakthrough season at Fir Park by picking up the Scottish Football Writers' Young Player of the year award.

Well assistant Keith Lasley even described Turnbull as the best Scottish talent of his generation after reacting to the news that the teenager had missed out to Ryan Kent for PFA Scotland's Young Player of the Year award.

He tweeted: "Unbelievable. David Turnbull is the best young talent this country has produced in a generation.

"Young player of the year by some distance."

Turnbull is currently contracted with the Steelmen until 2021 after signing a new deal with the club in January, but Motherwell are nevertheless likely to have a big fight on their hands if they want to keep hold of one of their prized assets.

The player himself has already hinted that he could move on this summer, stating recently: "I’m not sure my future here will be up to me.

"If clubs come in and put a bid in for me, it’s a sign that I’m doing well. But it won’t be up to me.

"If someone offers a lot of money, I’m the sure the club might want to take it – then maybe look at a loan back or something like that.

"But at the moment I’m just focusing on Motherwell. I’ll come back next season and see what happens.

"Playing more games here will help me. Playing every week right now is brilliant, it’s a great experience.

"It’s what you dream of as a young player so I can’t ask for much more.

"Maybe if I was to go down south or to a bigger club, it would be harder to get in the team, let alone be one of the main players.

"But I’m just trying to focus on doing what I’ve been doing at Motherwell."
Attachments
0_David-Turnbull-Handout-Photo.jpg
0_David-Turnbull-Handout-Photo.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Cardiff City, Bristol City and Derby County all '

Postby Crayfish » Tue May 14, 2019 10:11 am

Sounds bloody good to me,a talented young midfielder who can score plenty of goals. We should be able to compete with Derby and Bristol City too as long as Derby don"t go up which is looking very unlikely. Problem would be if Celtic or Rangers came in for him. My be all paper talk of course.
Crayfish

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue May 14, 2019 11:35 am

Jesus Christ we're looking at a player under the age of 23 pinch me :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Forgot Again » Tue May 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Hope there's something in this as my mate up there reckons this lad is a class act :bluescarf:
Keeping the faith since '74.
Forgot Again

Postby Bluesman » Wed May 15, 2019 4:54 am

Sign him now Neil before we lose him.
Bluesman

Postby thomasblue » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 am

There seems to be some good young players coming out of Scotland lately , But doing well in Scotland and transferring that over to the championship is two very different things. He looks a small lad , he would get bullied a lot more in a championship midfield battle.
Hes probably right in the fact he would get loaned back to develop both physically and technically
thomasblue

Return to General Chat