Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Warnock needs to finish next season

Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 am

If the unlikely happens and we are mid table next year and possibly not achieving even playoffs, I think Warnock has earned the right to finish the season and retire properly as well as not overshadowing his time with us.

If the impossible happens and he's got us in a relegation scrap, that is the only exception in my opinion where it would be acceptable to sack him. Other than that, we owe him this final season.

Re: Warnock needs to finish next season

Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 am

I'm not a sentimental person in football. As soon as he is deemed not up to it then he should be replaced on my opinion.

Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 am

Top 6 next season minimum for me. We gave him this season as his bonus season for what he did previous but with the squad we have, and should have with investment we should be targeting top 6.

Tue May 14, 2019 11:31 am

Savigma wrote:If the unlikely happens and we are mid table next year and possibly not achieving even playoffs, I think Warnock has earned the right to finish the season and retire properly as well as not overshadowing his time with us.

If the impossible happens and he's got us in a relegation scrap, that is the only exception in my opinion where it would be acceptable to sack him. Other than that, we owe him this final season.

I think this season just finished was the year to be sticking by him which the vast majority did...an impossible promotion and meagre budget earned him that. I do not expect next season to be as easy as some think but do expect us to be in touch and above average and think NW should be judged on that as would any other manager be judged..
Post a reply