BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 am

Craig Bellamy OUT: Cardiff City youth role is over after bullying inquiry

By Craig Hope and Matt Lawton for the Daily Mail


Wednesday 15th May 2019

Craig Bellamy will lose his position as Cardiff academy coach after an investigation into bullying claims against him.

The former Wales captain has also agreed to undertake an education course following allegations of bullying, intimidation and xenophobia by an academy player, as Sportsmail.

Several former players then came forward to claim that they had also been targeted by Bellamy, who immediately took a period of leave from his role as Under 18s head coach. But it is understood the 39-year-old will not return to that position and will also take an education in communication course.


Craig Bellamy is to lose his job as Cardiff City academy coach following an investigation into bullying claims made against him by several former academy players

He could yet face FA charges should the governing body decide to take a closer look at the case once the club return their findings. The news that Bellamy will no longer be coaching at the academy has been welcomed by some of the families involved.

Dave Madden, whose son Alfie quit Cardiff because of Bellamy in 2017, told Sportsmail: 'We are relieved. We had nothing to gain by coming forward other than highlighting the way we believed Bellamy was treating young players.

'Our motivation was to make sure it did not happen again and that he did not work with academy-age players.
Attachments
EC1DA1E1-A518-4BC8-949A-27A75E2C69A3.jpeg
EC1DA1E1-A518-4BC8-949A-27A75E2C69A3.jpeg (230 KiB) Viewed 5626 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 112534
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby arabellaman » Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 am

That is such a massive shame - Cardiff boy through and through. Not condoning any bullying but I think he will be a loss to the club in the long run :cry:
User avatar
arabellaman
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby fred keenor » Wed May 15, 2019 11:15 am

Club reporting no decision has yet been made
fred keenor
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby arabellaman » Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 am

fred keenor wrote:Club reporting no decision has yet been made

Yeah - I posted before reading the posts below :banghead: - fingers crossed it all comes good in the end :thumbup:
User avatar
arabellaman
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby BAMBA CREW » Wed May 15, 2019 11:20 am

arabellaman wrote:That is such a massive shame - Cardiff boy through and through. Not condoning any bullying but I think he will be a loss to the club in the long run :cry:


Liverpool fan through and through......
BAMBA CREW
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Forgot Again » Wed May 15, 2019 11:26 am

Former players!!!!

So that either means the present set are either terrified of him ( doubtful ) , he has changed his style ( again doubtful ) or its a load of bollocks by fathers who all think their kids are Pele.
bullying is wrong but sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand. :old:
Keeping the faith since '74.
Forgot Again
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 am

Forgot Again wrote:Former players!!!!

So that either means the present set are either terrified of him ( doubtful ) , he has changed his style ( again doubtful ) or its a load of bollocks by fathers who all think their kids are Pele.
bullying is wrong but sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand. :old:


So your choosing to completely ignore the findings of the investigation.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Wolfpac » Wed May 15, 2019 11:50 am

Bellend by name bellend by nature, just read his book to find out how much of an arrogant tosser he is, Liverpool boy, not Cardiff to me, end of
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Llanishen

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed May 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Does he ever stay anywhere for long?
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 29325
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Sven » Wed May 15, 2019 12:03 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forgot Again wrote:Former players!!!!

So that either means the present set are either terrified of him ( doubtful ) , he has changed his style ( again doubtful ) or its a load of bollocks by fathers who all think their kids are Pele.
bullying is wrong but sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand. :old:


So your choosing to completely ignore the findings of the investigation.


As you've seen them, can you put the 'findings' on here for us all to peruse, please? :thumbup: :ayatollah:


This is from the club itself... ;)


Cardiff City issue statement over Craig Bellamy investigation amid reports he's been ousted as youth coach
By Ian Mitchelmore

Cardiff City have moved to dismiss reports claiming Craig Bellamy has been ejected from his role as youth coach at the club.


The Daily Mail reported on Tuesday night that the former Wales international would lose his post with the Bluebirds following allegations of bullying, intimidation and xenophobia by an academy player.


David Madden, who claims his son Alfie was bullied by Bellamy, spoke out about the alleged behaviour of the former Wales international live on a radio programme earlier this year and has also been quoted in the Daily Mail.

Bellamy - who won 78 caps for his country - strenuously denied the allegations against him and vowed to fully co-operate with the club's inquiry before standing down from his position at the club.


And contrary to national media reports last night, no decisions have been made over Bellamy's future and the investigation is still ongoing.

It means Bellamy could yet return to his role after embarking on an education in communication programme - something Bellamy is understood to be fully on board with undertaking.

A club statement issued to WalesOnline read: "The investigation is ongoing and no formal decisions have been taken.

"There will be no further comment until the investigation process is complete."



Speaking in January, Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman confirmed that the Bluebirds were launching a full and thorough investigation into the matter.

And as part of the investigation, it's understood the Bluebirds offered free access to their academy sessions.

"I don't want to personalise this. Any complaint or any disgruntlement of this nature that comes to the attention of Cardiff City Football Club, they will automatically investigate it," said Dalman.

"We have procedures and processes in place that will kick in. A senior member of the board has been appointed to look into this and he will do so very thoroughly.

"He will deliver his verdict at the end of it and it's as simple as that."
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 16061
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Sven wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Forgot Again wrote:Former players!!!!

So that either means the present set are either terrified of him ( doubtful ) , he has changed his style ( again doubtful ) or its a load of bollocks by fathers who all think their kids are Pele.
bullying is wrong but sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand. :old:


So your choosing to completely ignore the findings of the investigation.


As you've seen them, can you put the 'findings' on here for us all to peruse, please? :thumbup: :ayatollah:


This is from the club itself... ;)


Cardiff City issue statement over Craig Bellamy investigation amid reports he's been ousted as youth coach
By Ian Mitchelmore

Cardiff City have moved to dismiss reports claiming Craig Bellamy has been ejected from his role as youth coach at the club.


The Daily Mail reported on Tuesday night that the former Wales international would lose his post with the Bluebirds following allegations of bullying, intimidation and xenophobia by an academy player.


David Madden, who claims his son Alfie was bullied by Bellamy, spoke out about the alleged behaviour of the former Wales international live on a radio programme earlier this year and has also been quoted in the Daily Mail.

Bellamy - who won 78 caps for his country - strenuously denied the allegations against him and vowed to fully co-operate with the club's inquiry before standing down from his position at the club.


And contrary to national media reports last night, no decisions have been made over Bellamy's future and the investigation is still ongoing.

It means Bellamy could yet return to his role after embarking on an education in communication programme - something Bellamy is understood to be fully on board with undertaking.

A club statement issued to WalesOnline read: "The investigation is ongoing and no formal decisions have been taken.

"There will be no further comment until the investigation process is complete."



Speaking in January, Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman confirmed that the Bluebirds were launching a full and thorough investigation into the matter.

And as part of the investigation, it's understood the Bluebirds offered free access to their academy sessions.

"I don't want to personalise this. Any complaint or any disgruntlement of this nature that comes to the attention of Cardiff City Football Club, they will automatically investigate it," said Dalman.

"We have procedures and processes in place that will kick in. A senior member of the board has been appointed to look into this and he will do so very thoroughly.

"He will deliver his verdict at the end of it and it's as simple as that."


What's your point exactly Sven? The poster has decided it's the parents not Bellamy so therefore doesn't care what the results of any investigation are simple.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby RYANBLUE » Wed May 15, 2019 12:22 pm

I have always been a big fan of Bellers. Yes his head has gone over the years but for me one of the best players to wear a Welsh shirt. That day he signed for us was incredible and that first season you could tell the class about him.

hope this isn't true because I could see a big future for him at the club. Potentially being involved in our return to the prem... For me this whole saga is pathetic. Bullying - ffs get over it.

Come on bellers, stick around please
RYANBLUE
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 12:25 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:I have always been a big fan of Bellers. Yes his head has gone over the years but for me one of the best players to wear a Welsh shirt. That day he signed for us was incredible and that first season you could tell the class about him.

hope this isn't true because I could see a big future for him at the club. Potentially being involved in our return to the prem... For me this whole saga is pathetic. Bullying - ffs get over it.

Come on bellers, stick around please


What have you seen that makes you think he has a big future at the club?
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Look, everyone loved Craig as a player and we all wanted to see him be part of the club , maybe even learning enough from Sir Neil to manage one day.
Unfortunately he doesn't learn and keeps on saying and doing stuff which causes problems . I said as much here long before this current stuff and I wish I'd been wrong. I regret incredibly that this was the only possible decision and outcome.

He's his own worst enemy sadly , but I'd love to think he could stay with the club in some capacity where outlandish behaviour can't do any harm because he's part of the soul of the club and very very dear to the hearts of its supporters.
SirJimmySchoular
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Wolfpac » Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Look, everyone loved Craig as a player and we all wanted to see him be part of the club , maybe even learning enough from Sir Neil to manage one day.
Unfortunately he doesn't learn and keeps on saying and doing stuff which causes problems . I said as much here long before this current stuff and I wish I'd been wrong. I regret incredibly that this was the only possible decision and outcome.

He's his own worst enemy sadly , but I'd love to think he could stay with the club in some capacity where outlandish behaviour can't do any harm because he's part of the soul of the club and very very dear to the hearts of its supporters.


He's toxic waste and should be nowhere near a football club, an embarrassment to his profession, ffs he supports Liverpool you clown :banghead:
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Llanishen

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Forgot Again wrote:Former players!!!!

So that either means the present set are either terrified of him ( doubtful ) , he has changed his style ( again doubtful ) or its a load of bollocks by fathers who all think their kids are Pele.
bullying is wrong but sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand. :old:



your correct about some fathers thinking their kid is pele and maybe complaining about their son being treated unfairly or picked on...it happens at all academies , the big difference here is most of these complaints are normally dealt with by making a few phone calls { maybe more than a few } to see if there is substance..generally there is not and it is what your claiming..
in this case we have had a vey high profile coach having to take leave of duties for a 5 month investigation with many young boys and other academy coaches claiming there is a problem. and the coach apparently now having communication lessons..
its more than just a kid being a snowflake
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Forgot Again » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Welsh pratriot , Sven beat me to it ,are you saying you have seen the findings ? If so, do you think it's correct for you to claim that you have on a forum before the club or are you just being you again.?
Keeping the faith since '74.
Forgot Again
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Forgot Again » Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Dogfound, I totally hate bullying and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Bellamy but to see a man's career and reputation in tatters does not sit well with me especially when I am led to believe that the lad in question has been moved through a few academy.
Yet again the Daily Mail ( known to like kicking us ) seem to be pushing this.

Also I have NEVER called anyone a snowflake.
Keeping the faith since '74.
Forgot Again
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 4:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Does he ever stay anywhere for long?



typical scouser . always the victim but never to blame.
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Bluesman » Wed May 15, 2019 4:58 pm

He's always been an arrogant little shit. He has minders to look after him when his mouth gets him into trouble. He has little man syndrome. Best get rid of him, would dread him managing City.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Forgot Again wrote:Dogfound, I totally hate bullying and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Bellamy but to see a man's career and reputation in tatters does not sit well with me especially when I am led to believe that the lad in question has been moved through a few academy.
Yet again the Daily Mail ( known to like kicking us ) seem to be pushing this.

Also I have NEVER called anyone a snowflake.



the lad ?...no mate there was a lot more than one lad...as ive said complaints in academies are part and parcel..5 month leaves and communications courses for high profile ex players / coaches / tv pundits are not..
and no you did not call anyone a snowflake so I apologise on that although it was a generalisation of what many have said . it has been used a thousand times on here and always to describe the boy.
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Forgot Again wrote:Dogfound, I totally hate bullying and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Bellamy but to see a man's career and reputation in tatters does not sit well with me especially when I am led to believe that the lad in question has been moved through a few academy.
Yet again the Daily Mail ( known to like kicking us ) seem to be pushing this.

Also I have NEVER called anyone a snowflake.



the lad ?...no mate there was a lot more than one lad...as ive said complaints in academies are part and parcel..5 month leaves and communications courses for high profile ex players / coaches / tv pundits are not..
and no you did not call anyone a snowflake so I apologise on that although it was a generalisation of what many have said . it has been used a thousand times on here and always to describe the boy.
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Forgot Again wrote:Welsh pratriot , Sven beat me to it ,are you saying you have seen the findings ? If so, do you think it's correct for you to claim that you have on a forum before the club or are you just being you again.?


Lol when did I say I'd seen the findings?? Your trying to be clever.

Your words were to quote you:"sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand"
That leads me to believe you've already decided what happened despite any findingd of the investigation.

Yes or no?
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Forgot Again wrote:Dogfound, I totally hate bullying and to be honest I'm not that fussed on Bellamy but to see a man's career and reputation in tatters does not sit well with me especially when I am led to believe that the lad in question has been moved through a few academy.
Yet again the Daily Mail ( known to like kicking us ) seem to be pushing this.

Also I have NEVER called anyone a snowflake.


It wasn't just one "lad"
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Sven » Wed May 15, 2019 5:24 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forgot Again wrote:Welsh pratriot , Sven beat me to it ,are you saying you have seen the findings ? If so, do you think it's correct for you to claim that you have on a forum before the club or are you just being you again.?


Lol when did I say I'd seen the findings?? Your trying to be clever.

Your words were to quote you:"sometimes think this pc stuff gets out of hand"
That leads me to believe you've already decided what happened despite any findingd of the investigation.

Yes or no?


Yes, that's how I read it at the second attempt (Forgot Again deciding before the fact) and my apologies to you for that. My error :thumbright:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 16061
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed May 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Bet this is down to the modern age that someone was upset and offended at not being good enough. People should Man the f**k up. Can’t say jack shit now to anyone without 5hem needing there safe space etc.
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 22391
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Bet this is down to the modern age that someone was upset and offended at not being good enough. People should Man the f**k up. Can’t say jack shit now to anyone without 5hem needing there safe space etc.



or alternatively the boys old man gives the bullyboy a few slaps. but its moved on from there everything today is official channels..
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Bet this is down to the modern age that someone was upset and offended at not being good enough. People should Man the f**k up. Can’t say jack shit now to anyone without 5hem needing there safe space etc.


How much would you like to bet? I'll wager it was bullying by a bloke who on countless occasions has shown he has a real nasty streak.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby Forgot Again » Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 am

NO.

If you read it that way then obviously you have decided before seeing any facts, personally I would not hang anyone out to dry until facts are seen and proven.
If that is the case then (serious question ) .
Should he be allowed to coach again OR Should be banned ?
Keeping the faith since '74.
Forgot Again
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 am

Re: BREAKING: CRAIG BELLAMY BULLYING / ORDERED TO

Postby dogfound » Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 am

Forgot Again wrote:NO.

If you read it that way then obviously you have decided before seeing any facts, personally I would not hang anyone out to dry until facts are seen and proven.
If that is the case then (serious question ) .
Should he be allowed to coach again OR Should be banned ?



there is a third choice , allowed to coach but not with ourselves
each case should be judged by its merits..this one its clear he has not done anything that worthy of a flat out ban or it would have happened already and moved on from it just being a club issue ? but sufficient enough for him to agree to go on a communications course { not something I personally would go along with if I had done NOTHING wrong }
having said that I do not think it the wisest move ever to have him there in the first place. he has had fall outs and problems at each and every club...needs a fresh start elsewhere ,and on that note why has no one come in for him ?
dogfound
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebird Warrior, bluebirdrob, BluebirdRyan18, ccfcblue1980, cityone, darran1927, Dbenson1991, Google [Bot], HARRYccfc1927, jimmy_rat, Majestic-12 [Bot], welshrarebit and 265 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.