Who will be our stand-out performer next season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Whistler » Wed May 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Well I am already bored with the lack of football fixture list, so it got me thinking:

1. Who from our current squad of players will be our stand out performer, will Bobby Reid be in the frame, will Mendes Laing rip full-backs to pieces or will Mossa rain supreme.

2. Which player would you like to realistically sign sign ( Gareth Bale is not allowed ) ?

3. Which teams are likely to be pitching at the top of the Championship ?

Please give some reasoning behind your answers
:ayatollah: :occasion5: :bluescarf:
Whistler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Who will be our stand-out performer next season

Postby BluebirdRyan18 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 pm

1. Josh murphy, I feel if he gets a good pre-season behind him and gets more consistent then he will tear full backs apart (as he did in a few games this year) but I also think mendez too, we have fantastic quality on the wings.

2. I personally don’t think we are desperate for a striker, stick reid and Patterson up there. It worked last time and reid can easily get into double figures so I think we need a midfielder, would love to see mohammed diame from Newcastle (not sure how often he plays for them though) otherwise joe allen

3. Villa (if they don’t get promoted), i think will go up as champions. Then it’s between us and west brom for second place. We definitely make play off imo
BluebirdRyan18

Postby thomasblue » Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I think Bobby Reid, Murphy and Mendez will shine as a front 3 next season . Reid will get 20+ goals
thomasblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 pm

I think Bobby Reid can be huge for us given a chance. I hope he isn't taken in and out all season again. I'm concern is Warnock likes a more physical player so may turn to Patterson again in the number 10 role.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

I was going to go for Bale... but seeing as that's not allowed how about Sturridge
dogfound

Postby mugsy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Bruno Manga
mugsy

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

I think Reid without a shadow of the doubt has shown the most promise in the premier league this season with his few appearences. So that's my answer for Reid.

The player I'd like us to 'realistically' sign is A CONTROVERSIAL ONE. Connor Roberts from Swansea. We need a right back and this guy is 23, plays for Wales, and has 5 goals for Swansea as a full back. Very quick and attacking. I think it's the sort of player we're crying out for and stats aside, I'm basing my admiration for him over his performances for Wales.

The teams at the top of the championship are likely any of the teams in the playoffs other than West Brom (Don't think they're good enough), Cardiff, Swansea & Brentford.

I.E

1: Cardiff (Yeah boy)
2: Brentford
3: Playoff team
4: Playoff team
5: Swansea
6: Literally anyone.
Deep Blue FC

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:I think Reid without a shadow of the doubt has shown the most promise in the premier league this season with his few appearences. So that's my answer for Reid.

The player I'd like us to 'realistically' sign is A CONTROVERSIAL ONE. Connor Roberts from Swansea. We need a right back and this guy is 23, plays for Wales, and has 5 goals for Swansea as a full back. Very quick and attacking. I think it's the sort of player we're crying out for and stats aside, I'm basing my admiration for him over his performances for Wales.

The teams at the top of the championship are likely any of the teams in the playoffs other than West Brom (Don't think they're good enough), Cardiff, Swansea & Brentford.

I.E

Swansea ?
dogfound

Postby Crayfish » Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 pm

1. Bobby Reid if we play him in the right position.
2.Of the names mentioned Will Vaulks and the Scottish under 19 player of the season bloke from Motherwell.
3. Fulham Leeds and Villa if they don't go up.
Crayfish

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:I think Reid without a shadow of the doubt has shown the most promise in the premier league this season with his few appearences. So that's my answer for Reid.

I.E

Swansea ?

They've lost 2 of their last 10 games, and they were both away games.

Think a transfer window could change those draws into wins and losses into draws, they're not a bad team. They've had to have a sort of rebuild last year for obvious reasons, I think they've done quite well considering. Obviously a relegated team should be aiming for atleast playoffs but they have some youngsters and good players, they still have parachute payments so can build for a promotion push.

If I'm being honest that's how I see it.
Deep Blue FC

Postby dogfound » Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I.E

Swansea ?

They've lost 2 of their last 10 games, and they were both away games.

Think a transfer window could change those draws into wins and losses into draws, they're not a bad team. They've had to have a sort of rebuild last year for obvious reasons, I think they've done quite well considering. Obviously a relegated team should be aiming for atleast playoffs but they have some youngsters and good players, they still have parachute payments so can build for a promotion push.

If I'm being honest that's how I see it.

yes but they are going to have another fire sale this window. James will defo go and god knows who else maybe even the manager ?

they done very well this season but you cant just keep selling and improve at the same time.
dogfound

Return to General Chat