West Ham considering swoop for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 6:15 am

West Ham considering swoop for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge - reports

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207410 :thumbright: :bluebird:

By Tom Coleman

May 2019

West Ham United are reportedly planning a move for Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge.

According to Football Insider , the Hammers are looking to provide greater competition for current number one Lukasz Fabianski, and have been impressed by Cardiff's Player of the Season.

Spanish shot-stopper Adrian is expected to leave the London Stadium on a free transfer this summer, and a new keeper is subsequently likely to be high on Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini's wishlist.

Etheridge has been in fine form for the Bluebirds, despite their relegation to the Championship this season, keeping a total of 10 clean sheets, and West Ham are believed to be just one of several clubs keeping tabs on the 29-year old.

Boss Neil Warnock is set to stay on at the club for another season after holding positive talks with the club's owners this week, but has already admitted that he would be powerless to prevent his star performers moving on this summer should the right money come in.

Ahead of his side's clash with Crystal Palace at the beginning of the month, Warnock even joked he would force Etheridge to sign on for another team in the event of a big money offer , although it's not clear just how much West Ham would be willing to pay to land the Filipino international.

"I don’t see a lot of change," he said at the time. "I was there yesterday and someone mentioned, I don't know if they were joking, ‘oh someone’s making a 20m offer for Neil Etheridge gaffer. What would you do?’

"I said ‘I’d put him in my car and drive him there! And I wouldn't let him out until he'd signed!'

"You have to take it all with a pinch of salt really. There's bound to be clubs circling to look at what you've got. But would any of our players get into their sides?

"You just don't know what other teams are thinking about.

"As far as the others are concerned, any good offers for our players would be considered. If worst comes to worst and we went down you have to be looking at making one or two changes and bring in a couple of new faces to help the rest of the squad."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat