Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared rights

Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 am

ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared rights to the FA Cup from 2021, making the competition exclusively free-to-air for everyone!

Apparently the BBC will get 18 games & ITV will get 30 games with BT Sport no longer showing the competition!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared righ

Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared rights to the FA Cup from 2021, making the competition exclusively free-to-air for everyone!

Apparently the BBC will get 18 games & ITV will get 30 games with BT Sport no longer showing the competition!

That is brilliant news :thumbup:

Re: ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared righ

Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:ITV and BBC are reportedly close to securing shared rights to the FA Cup from 2021, making the competition exclusively free-to-air for everyone!

That is brilliant news :thumbup:

Agreed, ensures that football becomes more accessible for all, particularly kids.

I have to say I think BBC coverage is best anyway but accept that's just down to personal taste I guess.