Loïc Damour

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loïc Damour

Postby todder76 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Any one think he can do a job for us next season or will he be moved on . He made 29 appearances the last time we were in the championship
todder76

Loïc Damour

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Loïc Damour

Postby Bluesman » Thu May 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Will be moved on.
Bluesman

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 pm

I think he is a decent player
Underrated by a lot of our fans

Good squad player to cover defensive midfield
thomasblue

Postby Wolfpac » Thu May 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Defo will be moved on, ask the owners of the cloud shisha bar in Cardiff, Loic and his Algerian entourage came in months ago and almost smashed the place up, the guys an idiot.
Wolfpac

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 pm

I think he's good enough to play in the Championship,( not the premiership ), but I've read that he wants to go and play in France.
I don't think it's a big deal either way
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu May 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Defo will be moved on, ask the owners of the cloud shisha bar in Cardiff, Loic and his Algerian entourage came in months ago and almost smashed the place up, the guys an idiot.

I always liked Damour and I could never understand why he was dropped in our Championship season as his performances were always more than good enough and he was an integral part of our explosive start of the season beating Villa, Wolves etc.

Your post finally gives an explanation why Damour wasn't given the game time his performances and ability deserved. If this incident at the Shisha Bar is true and he is indeed this loose cannon, he's clearly not the type of character Warnock would want in the squad and he can't be trusted.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Sven » Thu May 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Defo will be moved on, ask the owners of the cloud shisha bar in Cardiff, Loic and his Algerian entourage came in months ago and almost smashed the place up, the guys an idiot.

I always liked Damour and I could never understand why he was dropped in our Championship season as his performances were always more than good enough and he was an integral part of our explosive start of the season beating Villa, Wolves etc.

Your post finally gives an explanation why Damour wasn't given the game time his performances and ability deserved. If this incident at the Shisha Bar is true and he is indeed this loose cannon, he's clearly not the type of character Warnock would want in the squad and he can't be trusted.

I'm intrigued by the comments above but not disputing them, as I genuinely haven't heard anything about this before

It might say a lot about his overall character but I doubt that would be the reason Loic Damour is out of the side, as Neil Warnock has had opportunities to ship him out before now

I liked him as a player and it is certainly an odd one
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

didn't he arrive saying things like he was not going to leave this chance slip ..showed lots of promise as a teenager going to clairefontaine and capped at various age group levels for france only to end up playing 3rd tier football.
shame really..
dogfound

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu May 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'm intrigued by the comments above but not disputing them, as I genuinely haven't heard anything about this before

It might say a lot about his overall character but I doubt that would be the reason Loic Damour is out of the side, as Neil Warnock has had opportunities to ship him out before now

Well he's not the only one is he ?
Gary Madine is a nut case who can't behave himself in public to a point where I wouldn't pick him myself, but Sir Neil doesn't seem to mind that as much as I'd have expected .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Crazy one little comment on a message board an he’s labelled a loose cannon :lol:

You know if he went anywhere an almost smashed the place up he’d of probably been locked up for it an it would of taken a few hours and not a few months for the news to get out.
Llan_Blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Mind you, one word in defence of both of them....... Chopra !!
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu May 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Crazy one little comment on a message board an he’s labelled a loose cannon :lol:

You know if he went anywhere an almost smashed the place up he’d of probably been locked up for it an it would of taken a few hours and not a few months for the news to get out.

Dunno.
These things can be squared up for a few bob you know.
Troy Deney's got a bit of a reputation in Watford you know, but I don't think it gets out too widely
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu May 16, 2019 8:10 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Crazy one little comment on a message board an he’s labelled a loose cannon :lol:

Dunno.
Troy Deney's got a bit of a reputation in Watford you know, but I don't think it gets out too widely

Well it’s gotten out if you know about it clearly :lol:

An he’s done time so it’s obvious he’s no angel.
Llan_Blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Dunno.

Well it’s gotten out if you know about it clearly :lol:

An he’s done time so it’s obvious he’s no angel.

I only know because my son knows people connected to it , but it doesn't get into the papers or anything. I think there have been a few incidents kept quiet though, and that's my point. In any case you're quite right that we shouldn't just believe it because someone put it on a message board so who knows really ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Sven » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Well he's not the only one is he ?
Gary Madine is a nut case who can't behave himself in public to a point where I wouldn't pick him myself, but Sir Neil doesn't seem to mind that as much as I'd have expected .

Indeed, it seems that the manager just wants his players to 'do the business' on the pitch and there have been other 'Mavericks' in the squad

I honestly thought Damour was doing okay for him; and I recall the superb performance he put in at the Championship away game versus Wolves the season before last

He did seem to fall out of favour quickly though and I'm a little baffled as to why? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 am

True that, things like that spread like wildfire.

Not saying Wolfpacs a liar but I agree with you're comments.
RV Casual

Postby Escott1927 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 am

Always looked solid when I’ve seen him play and we are desperate for CM’s at the moment. Could definitely be an important squad player next season if he’s still here. I think he wants to leave to play more regularly though.
Escott1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 am

I'd give him a 1 year deal especially the numbers we have in that positions.
2blue2handle

Postby todder76 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm

I was talking to him on the weekend and he told me if gaffer wants him to stay and play he still got another year left on his contract.
todder76

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 pm

And there’s nobody more unstable than wolfpac.
Guys a loon.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

And there’s nobody more unstable than wolfpac.
Guys a loon.

That was exactly my thinking.

An then the usual suspects jump all over it.
Llan_Blue

Postby dogfound » Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am

todder76 wrote:I was talking to him on the weekend and he told me if gaffer wants him to stay and play he still got another year left on his contract.

doesn't look likely going on the season just finished but you just never know
dogfound

Return to General Chat