CORBYN at it again

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CORBYN at it again

Postby Igovernor » Fri May 17, 2019 4:35 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ian-rally/

Hamas thanks Jeremy Corbyn for message at pro-Palestinian rally

Hamas has thanked Jeremy Corbyn for his message of solidarity to a pro-Palestinian rally in London, a move that threatens to reignite questions over the Labour leader’s links with the militant group.

“We have received with great respect and appreciation the solidarity message sent by the British Labor Party Leader, Jeremy Corbyn, to the participants in the mass rally that took place in central London,” Hamas said in a statement.

Around 4,000 people marched in London over the weekend for Nakba Day, the annual day of commemoration for the thousands of Palestinians who were displaced from their homes during the 1948 war with Israel.

Mr Corbyn did not speak at the event but sent a message to the marchers calling on the UK government to condemn the killing of protesters in Gaza and freeze arms sales to Israel.

He also promised that if he becomes prime minister he would recognise Palestine as a state. “We cannot stand by or stay silent at the continuing denial of rights and justice to the Palestinian people,” he said.

Hamas praised Mr Corbyn for taking an “advanced moral and political position worthy of all praise and thanks”. Mr Corbyn has been dogged by questions over his connections with Hamas, which is designated as a terrorist group by the UK, US, and the EU.

He once referred to members of the group as “friends” but later said later said he regretted using the term. “It was inclusive language I used which with hindsight I would rather not have used,” he said in 2016.

Mr Corbyn has also faced criticism for attending a wreath-laying ceremony for Palestinians killed in an Israeli airstrike, which took place near the graves of those allegedly involved in the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre.

Yair Lapid, a leader in Israel’s main opposition party, said: “Jeremy Corbyn, here is a free piece of advice: if Hamas is thanking you then you’re on the side of terrorism.”

A spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn said: "Jeremy Corbyn has a long and principled record of solidarity with the Palestinian people. That is the right thing to do." The Israeli foreign ministry declined to comment.
Igovernor

CORBYN at it again

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CORBYN at it again

Postby thomasblue » Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am

How is that man leader of a major political party in this country.

If he was not leader , labour would be in power now not Conservative.
thomasblue

Postby Bluesman » Fri May 17, 2019 5:59 am

The man is dangerous. Don't let him become prime minister. With him and that clown Diane Abbott in charge God help us.
Bluesman

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Why not recognise palestine as a state is there something wrong about that
Stevejonesfrom62

Postby Andysince76 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Why not recognise palestine as a state is there something wrong about that

Probably not, but, how do you stand with Hamas totally rejecting any peace talks designed to create a 2 state solution?

Do you agree that Hamas should wipe the state of Isreal from existence?

Do you agree that they should form an Islamic caliphate over the whole middle east right up to the borders of Spain and Italy?

I don't think you've thought it through. If indeed you have, I hope that you're on a watchlist. :thumbup:
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby Bluebird1990 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Stevejonesfrom62 wrote:Why not recognise palestine as a state is there something wrong about that

Israel was tiny when it was first formed then all the Arab countries around it went on a genocidal rampage to wipe them off the face of the earth, they got their arses handed to them and lost territory, its their own fault they're in the state they're in now, like the other guy said Israel have tried to do a 2 state thing with palestine but they're rather shoot rockets and commit genocide
Bluebird1990

Postby rumpo kid » Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Him and Blair are turning people to the right wing..
rumpo kid

Postby Orgz » Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 pm

I wouldn’t vote for Corbyn
But Israel is evil
What they have done to Palestine is akin to a slow genocide.
Orgz

Postby ffs » Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Classy from Corbyn
ffs

Postby dogfound » Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Orgz wrote:I wouldn’t vote for Corbyn
But Israel is evil

surrounded by people that want to wipe each and every one of you off the face of the earth. how exactly would you be.?
dogfound

Postby Bluebird1990 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:34 pm

But Israel is evil

They're the ones that attacked first and refuse peace talks and continue to shoot rockets into Israel, the state they're in now is their own doing
Bluebird1990

Postby Jock » Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 am

But Israel is evil

If the Arabs laid down their weapons there would be peace, if the Israelis laid down theirs they would be wiped out. Hamas don’t want a Palestinian State, they have the same ethos as ISISand AlQueda, they want a Caliphate under Sharia.
Jock

Postby Orgz » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 am

Isreal shouldnt be there.
Orgz

Postby Orgz » Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 am

Isis
Al-Qaeda
All Inventions of the USA and Uk
Orgz

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 am

Corbyn has no affiliation with Hammas or any loyalty towards them, your quoting from a staunch Tory newspaper “Telegraph” owned by a multi billionaire who affiliates to the Conservative party and want to smear Corbyn. Hammas are a Democratically political party voted in by the Palestinian people. Yes they too need to broker peace with Israel because they are leaders of the Palestinian government.
Why don’t you look & research all arguments around the Israeli - Palestinian crisis ?
Are you too lazy to research all facts around the Palestinian - Israeli crisis ? look at how the recent UN report describes Israel of breaking UN human rights laws on illegally evicting Palestinians off their own land. For instance why don’t you condemn Theresa May’s government in supplying arms to Saudi Arabia.
The international community has sharply condemned the Saudi Arabian-led bombing campaign, which has included widespread bombing of civilian areas. The bombing campaign has killed or injured an estimated 17,729 civilians as of March 2019. Britain and the US providing arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb innocent people.
Corbyn wants peace and a two state solution with Israel and Palestine, so two cultures can live side by side. Polls on both sides of the conflict have consistently shown Israeli and Palestinian majorities in favor of a negotiated two-state settlement.
You’re presenting a bias representation of Corbyn through a Tory newspaper that will always try to smear Corbyn, I guess the usual suspects will agree with you, and you may try to brainwash people on a football forum, which in itself in my opinion should be only related to football, but as we are on the case of politics. “ You won’t brainwash me with your unresearched smears of Corbyn.” Quite frankly your talking nonsense.”
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

But Israel is evil

Spot on, on everything you have said.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Sat May 18, 2019 11:13 am

Usual suspects self evidently not showing evidence based answers and talking rubbish, Corbyn has always brokered for peace, you are probably The Sun readers who smear Corbyn because he wants an equal society and the tabloid Newspapers are owned by 5 billionaires that will take huge tax cuts from the Conservative party, while we have continued poverty on our streets,wake up people ! I say, find your information from other sources not tabloid newspapers or the BIAS BBC.
Then you won’t be filled with so much crap and talking so much crap !
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat May 18, 2019 11:31 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Corbyn has no affiliation with Hammas or any loyalty towards them, your quoting from a staunch Tory newspaper “Telegraph” owned by a multi billionaire who affiliates to the Conservative party and want to smear Corbyn. Hammas are a Democratically political party voted in by the Palestinian people. Yes they too need to broker peace with Israel because they are leaders of the Palestinian government.
Why don’t you look & research all arguments around the Israeli - Palestinian crisis ?
Are you too lazy to research all facts around the Palestinian - Israeli crisis ? look at how the recent UN report describes Israel of breaking UN human rights laws on illegally evicting Palestinians off their own land. For instance why don’t you condemn Theresa May’s government in supplying arms to Saudi Arabia.
The international community has sharply condemned the Saudi Arabian-led bombing campaign, which has included widespread bombing of civilian areas. The bombing campaign has killed or injured an estimated 17,729 civilians as of March 2019. Britain and the US providing arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb innocent people.
Corbyn wants peace and a two state solution with Israel and Palestine, so two cultures can live side by side. Polls on both sides of the conflict have consistently shown Israeli and Palestinian majorities in favor of a negotiated two-state settlement.
You’re presenting a bias representation of Corbyn through a Tory newspaper that will always try to smear Corbyn, I guess the usual suspects will agree with you, and you may try to brainwash people on a football forum, which in itself in my opinion should be only related to football, but as we are on the case of politics. “ You won’t brainwash me with your unresearched smears of Corbyn.” Quite frankly your talking nonsense.”

Your post is very judgemental. How do you know that posters have not researched the Palestinian/Israel conflict? Having a different opinion to you is not ‘evidence’ that people do-not know the subject, it is only evidence they have drawn a different conclusion.

I have researched this subject and like many before and after me I have concluded it is a complicated historical situation which was initially badly handled mainly by the British but also the rest of the world.

In the aftermath of the holocaust during World War 2 it was decided that a Jewish homeland should be established in the historic homeland of Palestine. Large scale Jewish migration to Palestine began as far back as 1882 so there was already a well established Jewish community in Palestine before the creation of Israel in 1948.

Unfortunately not enough thought was given to the indigenous Arab population. Quite rightly they felt their homes had been stolen from them and they became second class citizens overnight. A two state solution with proper financial compensation for the displaced Arabs should have been used right from the start but it wasn’t.

Blame lies on all sides. Jeremy Corbyn mistake is to always see the conflict from the side of the Arabs. I accept they have a justifiable cause but so does Israel. The answer will never be to ‘swipe’ Israel from the map as much as it to leave the Arabs rotting in the Gaza strip. JC must stop his one eyed view and realise only a 2 state solution will resolve the matter.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluebird1990 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Orgz wrote:Isreal shouldnt be there.

They have every right to be there, they're have every right to a home.
"Palestinians" are just the run of the mill arabs that settled the area, they themselves sre invaders so how do they have more right than the Jews?
Bluebird1990

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Usual suspects self evidently not showing evidence based answers and talking rubbish, Corbyn has always brokered for peace, you are probably The Sun readers who smear Corbyn because he wants an equal society and the tabloid Newspapers are owned by 5 billionaires that will take huge tax cuts from the Conservative party, while we have continued poverty on our streets,wake up people ! I say, find your information from other sources not tabloid newspapers or the BIAS BBC.

Yep usual suspects don't know what they're talking about slating cobyn! Just like usual suspects that see sun shine out of his arse even on a cloudy day....... :notworthy:
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Sat May 18, 2019 3:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Clubfortyfourer wrote:Usual suspects self evidently not showing evidence based answers and talking rubbish, Corbyn has always brokered for peace, you are probably The Sun readers who smear Corbyn because he wants an equal society and the tabloid Newspapers are owned by 5 billionaires that will take huge tax cuts from the Conservative party, while we have continued poverty on our streets,wake up people ! I say, find your information from other sources not tabloid newspapers or the BIAS BBC.

Yep usual suspects don't know what they're talking about slating cobyn! Just like usual suspects that see sun shine out of his arse even on a cloudy day....... :notworthy:

Too true Alan :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Jock » Sat May 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Corbyn has no affiliation with Hammas or any loyalty towards them, your quoting from a staunch Tory newspaper “Telegraph” owned by a multi billionaire who affiliates to the Conservative party and want to smear Corbyn. Hammas are a Democratically political party voted in by the Palestinian people. Yes they too need to broker peace with Israel because they are leaders of the Palestinian government.

Corbyn is a Marxist Scum bucket, he supports every terrorist group going, he even laid a commemorative wreath for Black September and backed the IRA. You have the condescension that’s so typical of the pseudo intellectual left, if someone disagrees with your view they must be an ignorant Sun reader.
Jock

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Too true Alan :thumbup:

It is though only need to look at this post just because Corbyn as been described as a so & so ! It's difficult to think anything else of a petson who openly supports terrorist groups like he does...... :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat May 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote: A two state solution with proper financial compensation for the displaced Arabs should have been used right from the start but it wasn’t.

Blame lies on all sides. Jeremy Corbyn mistake is to always see the conflict from the side of the Arabs. I accept they have a justifiable cause but so does Israel. The answer will never be to ‘swipe’ Israel from the map as much as it to leave the Arabs rotting in the Gaza strip. JC must stop his one eyed view and realise only a 2 state solution will resolve the matter.

Exceptionally well reasoned and well thought out comment on a hugely complex topic that provokes (understandably) huge amount of emotive comment on both sides. :thumbup:

As someone else said in the thread alluded to if Israel lays down her arms she will be wiped out of existence. Until Hamas amend their charter and remove their stated aim of the obliteration of Israel from their manifesto then Israel has the absolute moral high ground. A two-state solution whilst Hamas hold any power is highly unlikely given this.

The suggested three state governance (with Egypt and Jordan retaking governmental responsibility of the Gaza Strip and the West bank) is equally messy as well.

It's far too nuanced and complex for an easy solution and as the leader of the opposition and a genuine potential future prime minister, Corbyn should keep his virtue signalling and bias far, far away from headlines - especially if he envisages himself as someone who could play a role in finally brokering peace (as he is often portrayed).
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ThomasC » Sat May 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Hamas is now what I believe to be 'compromised' in regards that they did not support Syria after all the financial and logistical support given by the Syrian Government prior to there own troubles
ThomasC

Postby valleymodeller » Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Jock wrote:

Corbyn is a Marxist Scum bucket, he supports every terrorist group going, he even laid a commemorative wreath for Black September and backed the IRA. You have the condescension that’s so typical of the pseudo intellectual left, if someone disagrees with your view they must be an ignorant Sun reader.

What's wrong with being a Marxist then? Karl Marx is actually very good reading.
valleymodeller

Postby valleymodeller » Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Jock wrote:

What's wrong with being a Marxist then? Karl Marx is actually very good reading.
valleymodeller

Postby dogfound » Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 pm

how about pointing us all in the direction of these other sources eh..

its always the same..the mases are gullible fools who watch the news and read newspapers while there is this secret font of truth and knowledge out there if only we would look harder. its either left vague attempting to get people to doubt themselves and wonder does the magic talking truth tree exist or ends with someone posting a blog and claiming its evidence..
dogfound

Postby Jock » Sun May 19, 2019 6:41 am

valleymodeller wrote:
Jock wrote:

All property is theft? No man shall profit from another man’s Labour? Meanwhile Karl marries into the Phillips family who run a multinational electronics business out of the Netherlands.
Jock

Postby maltablue » Sun May 19, 2019 8:45 am

Orgz do you by chance own a mat with a built in compass :laughing5:
maltablue

Next

Return to General Chat