Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brighton 'prepare approach for Chris Wilder' as Swansea

Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Brighton 'prepare approach for Chris Wilder'

Brighton are preparing to make an approach for Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder after being rebuffed by Swansea City, according to reports.

Football Insider report say the Seagulls are keen to talk to two or three candidates about replacing Chris Hughton.

They say Wilder - who took his club from League One to the Premier League in just three seasons - is among the targets while Brighton could make an official approach to Sheffield United in the next 48 hours.

Re: Brighton 'prepare approach for Chris Wilder' as Swansea

Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 pm

There has been no second approach from Brighton to have talks with Graham Potter at the moment.

It comes after social media reports that Brighton are ‘still’ waiting for permission to speak to the manager from Swansea.

Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Brighton 'prepare approach for Chris Wilder'

Brighton are preparing to make an approach for Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder after being rebuffed by Swansea City, according to reports.

Football Insider report say the Seagulls are keen to talk to two or three candidates about replacing Chris Hughton.

They say Wilder - who took his club from League One to the Premier League in just three seasons - is among the targets while Brighton could make an official approach to Sheffield United in the next 48 hours.

I don't see why he would swap Sheffield United for Brighton at this time after a promotion.

Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why he would swap Sheffield United for Brighton at this time after a promotion.

No neither do I,Sheffield are a bigger club with the greater potential I would think.

Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Jesus Brighton be a bit realistic :lol: why would Chris Wilder leave his hometown club who he's just got promoted to go to Brighton who are actually a smaller club than Sheffield United. It kinda seems like Brighton sacked Chris Hughton with no concrete plan in place a bit like when WBA sacked Darren Moore, really feel they'll struggle next season and could even do a Huddersfield.

Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Me neither, big club Sheffield utd, or little club ;)

Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 pm

the bloke is a Sheffield United fan, has a Sheffield United tattoo and has just won promotion..
Brighton :? :?

not sure but I think this..inside football mob ….are not really inside at all.