Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff / Chelsea Fans ‘

Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 am

Early 1980’s

It’s Cardiff fans on the pitch who had just been fighting with Chelsea in the main Grandstand at Ninian Park. Cardiff / Chelsea was always special.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff / Chelsea ‘

Sat May 18, 2019 8:55 am

Cardiff & Chelsea in the Grandstand Ninian Park
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:16 am

I remember having to try and palm away wooden seats.

Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:Early 1980’s

It’s Cardiff fans on the pitch who had just been fighting with Chelsea in the main Grandstand at Ninian Park. Cardiff / Chelsea was always special.

Chelsea in the canton aswell isn’t it? No colours on show anywhere as ever back then.... :lol:

Sat May 18, 2019 10:09 am

goats wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Early 1980’s

Chelsea in the canton aswell isn’t it? No colours on show anywhere as ever back then.... :lol:

Yes Chelsea took the Canton Stand as well that day, Grange-end & Grandstand with no colours :lol:

Re: ‘ Cardiff / Chelsea Fans ‘

Sat May 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Mad you posted that was talking Chelsea to my old fella today .
My memory is totally vague on this .
This is how I see it but I dont no if I'm right or wrong neither does the old man who's not well.
We beat Chelsea to keep em down in the second tier last game of the season .they kick off it all goes off on the pitch police horses come on the normal police to try to separate the fans .
Now something like this did happen but as I get older my memory is a bit fuzzy .
Is this a Chelsea game or someone else.i was a young en I no that much i also remember shifting myself everyone seemed so big haaaa.
Anyone no what I'm on about here vague memory I no ?

Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 am

Is that a young CJ in the Grandstand...

Very colourful clothing in those days.. also a Harry Enfied scouser in front of the Canton

Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 am

brickyblue wrote:Mad you posted that was talking Chelsea to my old fella today .
This is how I see it but I dont no if I'm right or wrong neither does the old man who's not well.
We beat Chelsea to keep em down in the second tier last game of the season .they kick off it all goes off on the pitch police horses come on the normal police to try to separate the fans .
Now something like this did happen but as I get older my memory is a bit fuzzy .
Is this a Chelsea game or someone else.i was a young en I no that much i also remember shifting myself everyone seemed so big haaaa.

No def not any of the Cardiff/Chelsea games I have been to.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:57 am

brickyblue wrote:Mad you posted that was talking Chelsea to my old fella today .

Sun May 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Or would love to clear it up what game it was but lost to memories by the looks of it now .good times though remember the fencing etc great photos