Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff v Luton 1994

Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 am

Cardiff v Luton 1994
Cardiff trying to get on the pitch at Ninian Park, Cardiff eventually did. 300 Cardiff ran at their end.

Cardiff fans ran from the Canton Stand across the pitch as well at the Luton end
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff v Luton 1994

Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I've always thought we could have won that if we hadn't sold Nathan Blake.

Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm

I'm still angry with the ref for that game as I'm sure that Luton's winning goal was offside.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:57 pm

castle view blu wrote:I'm still angry with the ref for that game as I'm sure that Luton's winning goal was offside.

I remember feeling exactly the same mate.
Around a year later, my late dad met the ref we had for that game in a hotel in London. He couldn’t resist asking him about the incident and he said that his hands were completely tied as new directive had been introduced the not interfering with play and he literally had to do it. Dad said he was s lovely guy and he signed an autograph for me saying “Always play the whistle”

I’ve since met the ‘offside’ player in Cardiff and brought the incident up with him too.
He didn’t have a lot of time for ccfc he said as some of our fans gave him a bit of a kicking soon after that game when they bumped into him.

Sat May 18, 2019 11:14 pm

epping blue wrote:I've always thought we could have won that if we hadn't sold Nathan Blake.

Didn’t Blakey make an appearance in The canton stand that day or am I dreaming it ...

Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
castle view blu wrote:I'm still angry with the ref for that game as I'm sure that Luton's winning goal was offside.

Around a year later, my late dad met the ref we had for that game in a hotel in London. He couldn’t resist asking him about the incident and he said that his hands were completely tied as new directive had been introduced the not interfering with play and he literally had to do it. Dad said he was s lovely guy and he signed an autograph for me saying “Always play the whistle”

I’ve since met the ‘offside’ player in Cardiff and brought the incident up with him too.
He didn’t have a lot of time for ccfc he said as some of our fans gave him a bit of a kicking soon after that game when they bumped into him.

Luton's Ceri Hughes from Trealaw had a kicking the night of the game in Charmonds in Porth, all his own fault as well. Don't think he was the offside player though.

Sun May 19, 2019 10:05 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Luton's Ceri Hughes from Trealaw had a kicking the night of the game in Charmonds in Porth, all his own fault as well. Don't think he was the offside player though.

I’m sure he was the player offside but David Preece was the scorer...I think :old:

Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am

they kept them in at full time so we decided to stay too.. think that pic is taken a while after the final whistle .
I was on the bob bank terrace and remember the police trying to drive us off the terrace and out of the ground with dogs. really don't seem like 25 years ago.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Retro Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:I've always thought we could have won that if we hadn't sold Nathan Blake.

Didn’t Blakey make an appearance in The canton stand that day or am I dreaming it ...

Not in the canton stand but lower block F ,Remember singing to him about signing a new contract.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’m sure he was the player offside but David Preece was the scorer...I think :old:

Ah right, seems a nice enough guy these days, runs his own Taxi firm which deals with some very wealthy people. He was a complete arsehole back in the day, punched his old mans teeth out in my local.