Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

March for BLUE "We are the 5%"

Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 am

March for BLUE "We are the 5%"

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Video Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HjqOiA ... pp=desktop :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: March for BLUE "We are the 5%"

Sat May 18, 2019 11:00 am

Funny seeing this, I'm currently in Zante reading Scott Johnson's rebrand book.

Thanks again Vincent tans mother. :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 am

Why bring this up again. We are now a united club. Articles like this only cause resentment.

Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 am

Bluesman wrote:Why bring this up again. We are now a united club. Articles like this only cause resentment.

Part of our history and will never be forgotten and never should :bluescarf:

I bring back up most things, I don’t just not because it might upset some.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:26 am

Bluesman wrote:Why bring this up again. We are now a united club. Articles like this only cause resentment.

How can a clubs history cause resentment?? Made me feel proud.

Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

id prefer it to be left in the past too..i don't get the proud bit tbh..it took 39 home league games { and if truth be told awful form } for that march to happen..proud would have been that march happening before a ball had been kicked in red and at each and every of the 39 games...

I did very little myself other than wear blue to each of those games where I had previously not worn colours..im embarrassed I did not do more and embarrassed that it took that long and shockingly poor form for it to come about..

Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 am

so lets sweep it under the carpet as though it never happened, i don't see a problem in chatting about City's past good and bad, whats your problem, only when it suits yo mate, a free world is not?????

Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 am

I agree with Annis, no reason to forget it, it's part our history and a very successful one in parts, some great memories of the promotion season in the pitch.

Sun May 19, 2019 11:29 am

The club made a fool of us, an embarrassment to the football world, our fans were over all a disgrace

Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am

2blue2handle wrote:I agree with Annis, no reason to forget it, it's part our history and a very successful one in parts, some great memories of the promotion season in the pitch.

for me mate, my worse days of falling City :cry:

Sun May 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Let's go back in history and revert to our original colours Brown and Yellow. Don't think so.

Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Let's go back in history and revert to our original colours Brown and Yellow. Don't think so.

Yes I am very happy to talk those colours as well :thumbright:

But from 1972 when I started following City we were BLUE and that for me is how I see us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun May 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Change of rules to suit agendas.

I remember a group of supporters at Coventry away dressed in Malaysian flags and what not lifting they skirts to foreign investment.

Which at the time I hated but by god was it the best thing that could have happened to the club. So thanks to those guys at the time if any of you post on here. Wonder if they views changed on the sugar daddies they attracted to the club? Are they to blame for it the change of colour? Partly yes. They have as they say red on they hands.

Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:

so lets sweep it under the carpet as though it never happened, i don't see a problem in chatting about City's past good and bad, whats your problem, only when it suits yo mate, a free world is not?????

thing is the march in the picture personifies....when it suits...90% of those marching had turned a blind eye, continued to attend , had not taken part in previous marches ,were willing to accept the investment and were now only there because our form was shite...
and it achieved porth cawl.

Tan changed us back 10 months later which was always going to happen for financial reasons..

Sun May 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Red returns wrote:The club made a fool of us, an embarrassment to the football world, our fans were over all a disgrace

Speak for yourself :roll: :bluescarf:

Sun May 19, 2019 3:01 pm

A clever post. Designed to disunite the fan base again I can only assume.

Sun May 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Great day, great memories. Started the return of Cardiff City and Warnock has helped cement that.

Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

id prefer it to be left in the past too..i don't get the proud bit tbh..it took 39 home league games { and if truth be told awful form } for that march to happen..proud would have been that march happening before a ball had been kicked in red and at each and every of the 39 games...

I did very little myself other than wear blue to each of those games where I had previously not worn colours..im embarrassed I did not do more and embarrassed that it took that long and shockingly poor form for it to come about..

You speak for yourself, I'm proud from day one I dropped my season ticket and refused to put any more money into the club.
Never bought any red merchandise and hearing our fans sing well always be blue and marching against the red does fill me with pride.

We got blue back and I'll certainly never sweep it under the carpet.

Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

You speak for yourself, I'm proud from day one I dropped my season ticket and refused to put any more money into the club.
Never bought any red merchandise and hearing our fans sing well always be blue and marching against the red does fill me with pride.

We got blue back and I'll certainly never sweep it under the carpet.

yes marched one day colour changed the next or was it 10 months later the colour changed back to blue ..
those that felt strongly enough to not go / return S/Ts fair enough...as for merch hardly anyone was buying it ..
but the hypocrite march was super embarrassing..almost 2 seasons after the change and after 90% of those marching had already bought into the premier league season..

those marches in those sort of numbers should have been from day 1..that would have been something to be proud of. not oh lets be quiet accept the investment then turn when results are poor..

when a fan of another club brings this up saying how horrible it must have been and then goes on to add, imagine them doing that here..there would be riots and the ground set on fire { that's how its viewed by others }..its anything but a feeling of pride..lets not kid ourselves that we fought hard because we belatedly sang a song and had one decent march ... a few did resist , trouble is the many now claim to be part of that few ..reality is there was very little resistance early doors..

Sun May 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:Change of rules to suit agendas.

I remember a group of supporters at Coventry away dressed in Malaysian flags and what not lifting they skirts to foreign investment.

Which at the time I hated but by god was it the best thing that could have happened to the club. So thanks to those guys at the time if any of you post on here. Wonder if they views changed on the sugar daddies they attracted to the club? Are they to blame for it the change of colour? Partly yes. They have as they say red on they hands.

No one then could forsee the rebrand.

Don't see how you can claim anyone there that night will have red on their hands. Now if anyone of them that night went on national radio claiming its only a colour then yes but for welcoming then in the beginning I'm struggling with your mentally there.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:Change of rules to suit agendas.

No one then could forsee the rebrand.

Don't see how you can claim anyone there that night will have red on their hands. Now if anyone of them that night went on national radio claiming its only a colour then yes but for welcoming then in the beginning I'm struggling with your mentally there.

Basically saying if you whore yourself to the highest bidder. Don’t be surprised when you sugar daddie does something we don’t like.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Totally right. When we were winning the championship barely anyone cared. As soon as we started losing the marches started.

Of course there were those that were against it from the start but the numbers grew as each loss was racked up.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:20 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Great day, great memories. Started the return of Cardiff City and Warnock has helped cement that.

Disagree.

We were still massively divided. Warnock didn’t cement our unity he truly started it.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 pm

I don't think we were divided as a club when Wanock arrived, the rebrand was reversed and we never saw or heard Tan

We were broken as a club, devoid of spirit, hope and belief. Warnock got this back.

We all sold a little bit of our CCFC soul during the rebrand. Some left never to return, most held our noses. The protests only started with the Malky saga, but, you only have a voice in the premier league. Coventry, Charlton, Blackpool barely got a mention outside thier little world

In hindsight the protests did very little, haemorrhaging paying fans a year later struck home the most.

Historic accuracy always wanes and myths develop over time. We had the 11th highest premier league attendance 6 years later, so no long term damage anyway.

Sun May 19, 2019 5:16 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't think we were divided as a club when Wanock arrived, the rebrand was reversed and we never saw or heard Tan

We were broken as a club, devoid of spirit, hope and belief. Warnock got this back.

We all sold a little bit of our CCFC soul during the rebrand. Some left never to return, most held our noses. The protests only started with the Malky saga, but, you only have a voice in the premier league. Coventry, Charlton, Blackpool barely got a mention outside thier little world

In hindsight the protests did very little, haemorrhaging paying fans a year later struck home the most.

Historic accuracy always wanes and myths develop over time. We had the 11th highest premier league attendance 6 years later, so no long term damage anyway.

We lost paying fans because we were shit.

And despite the claims that changing back to blue would instantly put 5,000 onto the gate every game it simply was the losing football on the field that did for us.

This didn’t change until Warnock started winning and lo and behold the crowds returned.

The difference now is that the club seems more united and everyone is pulling together. I think that has a lot to do with Choo and Dalman as well though and our owner taking better advice. We are proud of the club again.

Anyone who still criticises Tan for mistakes made and holds it against him now really is a clown.

Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

The original post is destructive to the unity we have gained since Warnock has taken over. A very damaging post Forevet Blue. Thought you had more sense than this

Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Great day, great memories. Started the return of Cardiff City and Warnock has helped cement that.

Disagree.

We were still massively divided. Warnock didn’t cement our unity he truly started it.

Fair point but without marches and protests we'd still be in red and a horrific divided club now.

Sun May 19, 2019 6:41 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Disagree.

Fair point but without marches and protests we'd still be in red and a horrific divided club now.

Nothing to do with the marches it was his Mum.

I genuinely think he thought it would increase the crowds as he was told.

Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Bluesman wrote:The original post is destructive to the unity we have gained since Warnock has taken over. A very damaging post Forevet Blue. Thought you had more sense than this

Totally agree. It’s laughable the club change kit colours. Forever blue supports real Balearic or what ever they called. That’s the dedication.

Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Screen shot taken before post is deleted as the truth seems to hurt on here. Possible ban coming I guess as well.