Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT'S OFFICIAL: GRAHAM POTTER ANNOUNCED AS BRIGHTON MANAGER

Sat May 18, 2019 4:09 pm

to Brighton ... no surprise there LOL!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48323075

Re: Potter gone!

Sat May 18, 2019 4:12 pm

How nice would it be too beat Swansea on the last day of the season too win the championship and send them down too league 1 :lol:

Sat May 18, 2019 4:21 pm

I would love it if they end up with Pulis completely destroying ‘the Swansea way’ and leaving them bang in mid table

Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 pm

They just cannot keep managers or players they are very careless...... :occasion5: :laughing6:

Sat May 18, 2019 4:37 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I would love it if they end up with Pulis completely destroying ‘the Swansea way’ and leaving them bang in mid table

"Swansea way" died a long time ago

Sat May 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I would love it if they end up with Pulis completely destroying ‘the Swansea way’ and leaving them bang in mid table

not under magic potter :ayatollah:

Sat May 18, 2019 4:48 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:

not under magic potter :ayatollah:

Depends what you mean by Swansea way? Their way is to lose managers every other season and to lose best players even faster ? Playing wise it's pretty to watch but became less & less effective, great to have 90% posessesion but needs it to be in opposition half....... . :thumbup:

Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Potter will soon be back at Swansea.

To buy Roberts and McBurnie .

Sat May 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Jack new manager Harry Potter

Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me for Coleman to go back there

Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:

I thought Swansea Way was a dual carriageway.

Sat May 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Kpayne wrote:Wouldn’t surprise me for Coleman to go back there

He's said he'd never manage them because he has so much family around Swansea.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 pm

He did well there to be fair. Forced to play youngsters, and played good football. They released a load of players today, including Fer, Olsson and Bony. Plus they'll sell Roberts, James, Rodon and anything else they cam get a few quid for.

So sad!

Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm

How the wheel has turned, wasn't too long ago they were laughing at how we were a joke of a club playing in red, 120 million in debt and no chance of it ever being reduced. How wrong they were, they had the best run club, the best scouting system, the best finances, the local chairman that loved his swans and the trust keeping an eye on all of it , how wrong they were.
Now they are up shit creek without a paddle and that yank hedgefund is going to bleed every last penny it can out of them before selling them for a quid, Potter obviously been told theres no money for players and more players will have to be sold.The natural order has now been restored, thanks vinnie, thanks yanks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Ive got a good mate who is die hard swansea fan, he told me today that ALL their out of contract players are being released, no one being renewed or retained. And that the state of affairs off the pitch is perilous in the extreme as the yank owners are taking as much cash as they can. It doesnt look very good for them at all.

Bearing in mind we want as many welsh teams at the highest possible level (with us the highest - obviously) then a bottom 4 finish for them will be fine

Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Ive got a good mate who is die hard swansea fan, he told me today that ALL their out of contract players are being released, no one being renewed or retained. And that the state of affairs off the pitch is perilous in the extreme as the yank owners are taking as much cash as they can. It doesnt look very good for them at all.

Bearing in mind we want as many welsh teams at the highest possible level (with us the highest - obviously) then a bottom 4 finish for them will be fine

not sure there is anything there for the Americans to take tbh..they've been robbing peter to pay paul for a few years and relegation left them with a 60 mill hole in finances..

Sat May 18, 2019 11:33 pm

What a shame :)

Sun May 19, 2019 1:46 am

mugsy wrote:What a shame :)

Kevin Cullis is available and out of jail.. :lol: :lol:

Sun May 19, 2019 7:14 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Ive got a good mate who is die hard swansea fan, he told me today that ALL their out of contract players are being released, no one being renewed or retained. And that the state of affairs off the pitch is perilous in the extreme as the yank owners are taking as much cash as they can. It doesnt look very good for them at all.

See Bolton, see Swansea....got a feeling they will plummet this season, my heart bleeds, particularly as you say the way they laughed at us, even mocking us having a bucket collection for them yrs back. Jenkins has really done them over better than any die hard bluebird could ever dream of. Cheers huw :occasion5:

Re: Potter (nearly) gone!

Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 am

Graham Potter to Brighton Live updates as Swansea City boss edges closer to departure
By Katie Sands and Tom Coleman

Swansea City boss Graham Potter is on the verge of taking over the hot seat at Brighton.

The Englishman has emerged as the Seagulls' number one choice since the sacking of Chris Hughton last week and now looks set to take over on the south coast.

Swansea had rejected an initial approach from the Premier League side, and had offered to make Potter one of the best managers in the Championship in a desperate attempt to convince him to stay at the club.

That offer of a new deal is also believed to have contained assurances over transfer policy, with Potter having overseen two desperately poor windows already ahead of the summer.

However, Swansea's offer clearly hasn't been enough to persuade him to stay, and he looks highly likely to take his backroom staff with him to the south coast after Brighton met the terms of his compensation package, which is believed to be just over £2 million.

Swansea are yet to draw up a shortlist for potential candidates to replace Graham Potter but one of the early reported contenders is QPR assistant boss John Eustace, who briefly took caretaker charge earlier in the season following the sacking of Steve McClaren.

The Mirror has even suggested that the Swans are set to make contact over talks with the 39-year old should Potter complete his move to the south coast, but those reports have been described as premature by Swansea sources.

Sunderland boss Jack Ross is another name to have been linked.

However, the noises from the north east suggest that a move to South Wales is unlikely, particularly if Ross gets the Black Cats back up to the second tier at the first time of asking and given that Sunderland was a club on its knees when the Scot joined

The daunting task Trevor Birch now faces at Swansea City

The words of new Swansea City chairman Trevor Birch back in March when the proverbial footballing firefighter had just been appointed new Liberty Stadium chief with the brief of sorting out a club in a bit of a mess...

“It’s a great opportunity to build something long term.

“Perhaps this is a return to basics for Swansea, a club with a strong belief in its culture, that was run lean and mean and building a fantastic reputation for the football it played.

“I think under Graham [Potter], there is a real determination to return to that philosophy.”

If the brief was hard then; it’s got even tougher now.

Mon May 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Kpayne wrote:Wouldn’t surprise me for Coleman to go back there

That would be brilliant :lol:

Re: Potter (nearly) gone!

Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 pm

From Tom Coleman (WalesOnline)

"Swansea City boss Graham Potter is on the verge of taking over the hot seat at Brighton.

The Premier League side have called a press conference for 4.30pm on Monday when Potter is expected to be unveiled."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL: GRAHAM POTTER ANNOUNCED AS BRIGHTON MANAG

Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Brighton and Hove Albion announce Graham Potter as their new manager

Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Wonder why Brighton didn’t go for Warnock rather than Potter?

Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 pm

Well Brighton got the man they wanted - Still think they will be in the bottom 6 next season ( if not lower !! )