Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man city

Sat May 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Can anybody think of a better British team ever ?

They are the best team I have ever seen, absolutely amazing to watch, ruthless in front of goal and just swatting teams aside. 169 goals this year is an amazing stat.

First time ever a club has won every domestic trophy in a single season.

Money talks but that team is special

Re: Man city

Sat May 18, 2019 6:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:Can anybody think of a better British team ever ?

They are the best team I have ever seen, absolutely amazing to watch, ruthless in front of goal and just swatting teams aside. 169 goals this year is an amazing stat.

First time ever a club has won every domestic trophy in a single season.

Money talks but that team is special

Play station

So wrong !!!!

Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Agree so strong in every department an fights for every ball ,de bruyne is a cut above every one else

Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Personally I preferred the Man Utd team of 99, but both very strong.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:15 pm

Probably the best team I have seen playing in our leagues. I would call it a British team in the loosest sense, probably like most PL sides an international 11 going underthe banner of Man C. ;)

Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 pm

To me its like saying Ben johnson was the greatest sprinter of all time.

Financial doping of the highest order

Keven de Bryne is *ucking amazing, but he alone nearly earned as much as the entire Cardiff City squad !!!

Pep says he needs a full back so spends obscene amounts on Kyle Walker...... Eufa, FIFA are happy enough for rich folk to stick as much cash in as not even within the rules to ensure the gravy train continues.

Yes they are amazing, but would have Pep done a better job than Warnock two years ago ?

Sat May 18, 2019 9:14 pm

llan bluebird wrote:To me its like saying Ben johnson was the greatest sprinter of all time.

Keven de Bryne is *ucking amazing, but he alone nearly earned as much as the entire Cardiff City squad !!!

Pep says he needs a full back so spends obscene amounts on Kyle Walker...... Eufa, FIFA are happy enough for rich folk to stick as much cash in as not even within the rules to ensure the gravy train continues.

Yes they are amazing, but would have Pep done a better job than Warnock two years ago ?

In fairness, UEFA are investigating them and will come down on them hard if found guilty. A season outside the Champions League would be a huge financial loss.

People rave about Guardiola but, although he is a top manager, he'll be the first to admit he has been blessed with the players he's had.

I've always said Ferguson was better, partly because of the job he did at Aberdeen before Man Utd.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

llan bluebird wrote:To me its like saying Ben johnson was the greatest sprinter of all time.

not really.. its not as if there is an equal and fair financial cap across all clubs ,whoever wins the league has dubious cash injections

Sun May 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Thats what 920 million buys a squad of 25 i think i read our squad was 58 million,
I wonder what pep would do with our squad and a budget that low.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:11 pm

montyblue wrote:Thats what 920 million buys a squad of 25 i think i read our squad was 58 million,

Nothing.

He’s good at what he does but can never be classed as one of the greatest managers.

Even Jose won a champions league with Porto.

Pep has been blessed with brilliant squads and unlimited funds he solves a problem with money.

Sun May 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:Thats what 920 million buys a squad of 25 i think i read our squad was 58 million,

Nothing.

He’s good at what he does but can never be classed as one of the greatest managers.

Even Jose won a champions league with Porto.

Pep has been blessed with brilliant squads and unlimited funds he solves a problem with money.

yep that's the job he does..9 titles in 11 years across 3 leagues is still fantastic even with money ..