Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Le Fondre

Sun May 19, 2019 8:45 am

Lining up for Sydney vs Perth in the Australian A-League grand final this morning.

I always thought he was a decent player - before he came to Cardiff. Don't quite know how it all went down hill

Re: Adam Le Fondre

Sun May 19, 2019 9:05 am

To his defence he never really played under a good management,missed some real sitters and then his confidence seemed to got shot to pieces.
Then there was his family issues which seemed he didn’t want to be here at all.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 am

Always thought he was a coward of a player-not one to rely on when the going got tough and for me stole his inflated salary.Only ever goes through the motions when pressing and is the type of striker that needs to be spoonfed his chances.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Lining up for Sydney vs Perth in the Australian A-League grand final this morning.

I always thought he was a decent player - before he came to Cardiff. Don't quite know how it all went down hill

I thought we had signed someone decent too as I think most fans did....one of those names that sticks in the memory though is possibly more the truth..

8 years playing lower leagues football before his move to Reading where he made 102 apps exactly half of which were off the bench...i think OGS signed him because he was very much like OGS { the player } in that he was never good enough to hold down a place in the team but was likely to get you a goal coming off the bench...trouble was we were not Man Utd and couldnt aford the luxury of spending millions on a sub..

thought his work rate was fine , just not good enough a player.which i think his overall record { bar one year where he got 12 gls coming off the bench in the prem } shows..

Sun May 19, 2019 11:31 am

dogfound wrote:

I thought we had signed someone decent too as I think most fans did....one of those names that sticks in the memory though is possibly more the truth..

8 years playing lower leagues football before his move to Reading where he made 102 apps exactly half of which were off the bench...i think OGS signed him because he was very much like OGS { the player } in that he was never good enough to hold down a place in the team but was likely to get you a goal coming off the bench...trouble was we were not Man Utd and couldnt aford the luxury of spending millions on a sub..

thought his work rate was fine , just not good enough a player.which i think his overall record { bar one year where he got 12 gls coming off the bench in the prem } shows..

Knowing OGS he sign ALF in the summer for Man U along with some obscure Norwegian midfielders to provide goal scoring chances for him.....

Sun May 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Sydney won 4-1 on pens Le Fondre scores his and old boy Andy Keogh missed his for Perth

Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Was shit for us an only signed for the manager didn’t care about the club at all.

Fair play if you can chill in Sydney picking up some wages beats being over here.

Sun May 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Knowing OGS he sign ALF in the summer for Man U along with some obscure Norwegian midfielders to provide goal scoring chances for him.....

lol
his record since leaving here reflects his time prior with him unable to cement a first team place anywhere at championship level { his longest run of starts anywhere was under Russel } ..either OGS bought him as a super sub or really had not done his homework..

Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 pm

he was similar to Maynard when he was with us

Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:he was similar to Maynard when he was with us

Maynard was unfortunate with injuries Sam