Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City Want £10million '

Mon May 20, 2019 11:04 am

The price West Ham will have to pay Cardiff City for Neil Etheridge - reports

By Tom Coleman / Media Wales

Monday 20th May 2019

Cardiff City are reportedly set to demand at least £10million from any club interested in goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, according to reports.

Football Insider claims the Bluebirds are bracing themselves for interest in the Philippines international, following a sparkling season in the Premier League.

Despite City failing to preserve their place in the top flight, Etheridge kept an impressive tally of 10 clean sheets for Cardiff , and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

West Ham United are believed to have already shown an interest in the goalkeeper, as Manuel Pellegrini looks to offer up more competition to current number one Lukasz Fabianski.

Cardiff are reportedly under no pressure to sell, and will only allow the 29-year-old to leave if their conditions are met.

Before the season was over, Warnock joked that he would be open to selling Etheridge should a big-money bid be made this summer.

"I was there yesterday and someone mentioned, I don't know if they were joking, ‘oh someone’s making a 20m offer for Neil Etheridge gaffer. What would you do?’" Warnock said.

"I said ‘I’d put him in my car and drive him there! And I wouldn't let him out until he'd signed!'

"You have to take it all with a pinch of salt really. There's bound to be clubs circling to look at what you've got. But would any of our players get into their sides?

"You just don't know what other teams are thinking about."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.