Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale?

Sun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm

After Zidanes statement today tha he would not bring Bale on even if he had 4 subs, do you agree that for the sake of Welsh football he needs to be playing regular.
In my mind the best place for him would be back at Spurs new ground and new squad to be built with Erickson amongst the out goinging,s ,what do you think ? .

Re: Bale

Sun May 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Spurs would be a good shout definitely.
BTW Zidane must be a real sh*t to hold some sort of grudge for so long. Most decent people would bury the hatchet and move on

Sun May 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Spurs ain’t spent a penny for a while,just can’t see them buying him for what ever Madrid value him at.Man U or even Chelsea with a part ex with Hazzard maybe.
Agree he needs to be playing.

Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

He wont be going anywhere unless he decides to take a big wage drop. Spurs wont be able to afford him either especially given their new ground. Chelsea transfer ban would have been the only English club I could have seen going for him (likely included in the Hazard deal). Maybe Manure?

If not England then possibly Bayern (with a big wage drop) dont see anyone else coming in for him.

Sun May 19, 2019 5:23 pm

If we stayed up we could be cheeky and go in for a loan deal, you never know the lure of being home for a bit might be too hard to turn down.

Even in the championship 100k a week would be well worth it as he would pretty much guarantee promotion if he stays fit.

We can always dream aye just like when we wanted Ramsey and Bellamy

Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm

No club are going to meet Reals valuation and few club could meet Bales wage expectations.

He is 30 in July, has a horrendous injury record and looks on the downgrade (looking at the last 2 Wales games) and has three years on a stupidly lucrative contract.

Tried and tested method publicly shaming or humiliating the player, can't see it working that well here, he lives in a bubble anyway.They'll need to take a hefty loss on this if they want him gone.

He gets paid 15 million Euros a year !!!
Can't see anything more than season long loans. I could see a few clubs willing to stump up £25-£30 million loan fee (inc salary) to see if he can still hack it in the premier league. But if i supported one of the big 6 i would be horrified if we stumped up £50 million plus hefty salary on him.

Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Gareth,
Arrange a settlement with Madrid then come home to Cardiff :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun May 19, 2019 6:56 pm

I was at the game and Betis smashed Madrid. If Zidane can hold a grudge like that then imo he is not fit to be manager of the club. It was crying out for a player like Bale to change the game

Sun May 19, 2019 7:57 pm

thomasblue wrote:If we stayed up we could be cheeky and go in for a loan deal, you never know the lure of being home for a bit might be too hard to turn down.

Even in the championship 100k a week would be well worth it as he would pretty much guarantee promotion if he stays fit.

100k ?
are you talking about the same Bale

Sun May 19, 2019 8:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:If we stayed up we could be cheeky and go in for a loan deal, you never know the lure of being home for a bit might be too hard to turn down.

100k ?

You dont always pay full wages on loan deals, many deals are done where clubs pay a percentage. Obviously hes on a lot more than that. It was a tongue in cheek comment anyway.

Sun May 19, 2019 8:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

100k ?

You dont always pay full wages on loan deals, many deals are done where clubs pay a percentage. Obviously hes on a lot more than that. It was a tongue in cheek comment anyway.

i know you dont but even 50% is much more than the 100k.

Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Ramsey and Bellamy actually give a shit about Cardiff City Bale could careless.

He probably wouldn’t want to come here if he was past it never mind when he’s in his prime.

Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 pm

its a shambles and disgrace how such an incredible footballer like Bale gets treated like this at Madrid. Zidane only wants the fans to like him by saying what he did about Bale. I hope he returns to the Premier League for the sake of his career, wherever that is.

Re: Gareth Bale?

Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Zidane clearly wants someone other than Gareth Bale at Real Madrid but I think the comments in the OP ([i]"he would not bring Bale on even if he had 4 subs"[/i)] is posturing in an attempt to force the issue

Gareth Bale may or may not go; but either way, he is in a good position at Real Madrid, as he has a long, lucrative contract and says he is 'happy' in the area

Over to you, Real Madrid; can you really afford to let a £100m+ player earning c.£600k a week rot in your reserves?

I don't think so and it's for you to placate Gareth Bale by paying up his contract or making him an integral part of your team :thumbright:

Sun May 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

He probably wouldn’t want to come here if he was past it never mind when he’s in his prime.

Thats so far from the truth.
He has said previously he has a soft spot being our home team. Didn't watch us as much as he should have in hindsight. But wants us to do well.

Also he loves the area. I would see him regular playing golf when he had days off at spurs. Hed prefer to come home than have a 2 day break abroad.

Sun May 19, 2019 10:34 pm

its not unusual for new managers to want to change things and move some top players on..

but think Bale should sit tight, Zidane has had a poor start as manager and if it continues into next season could be gone himself by xmas...2 nil down at home to Betis and does not bring Bale on...yep its posturing but could end up being a rod for his own back.

Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 pm

Also just to add on. Apparently he's on 500k per week.
Doing well for himself. :lol:

Sun May 19, 2019 10:45 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Thats so far from the truth.
He has said previously he has a soft spot being our home team. Didn't watch us as much as he should have in hindsight. But wants us to do well.

Also he loves the area. I would see him regular playing golf when he had days off at spurs. Hed prefer to come home than have a 2 day break abroad.

I remember Redknap saying , give them 3 days off and their all heading for the airport and Gareth is heading back to Cardiff..

Sun May 19, 2019 11:55 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Bellamy is Liverpool through and through :roll: and what makes you think bale could care less than either of those two?,he's achieved more than the both of them in football,and what makes you think he would guarantee promotion,fit or otherwise :?: No one player (bale included) can do that :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

Bellamy the Liverpool fan who joined Cardiff because it suited him being back home at the time.

Bale has always followed Cardiffs results and standings. When he was younger he used to actually go down Ninian Park and watch Cardiff and his uncle was a player.

Honestly did you just make up your post????

Mon May 20, 2019 6:04 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Bellamy is Liverpool through and through :roll: and what makes you think bale could care less than either of those two?,he's achieved more than the both of them in football,and what makes you think he would guarantee promotion,fit or otherwise :?: No one player (bale included) can do that :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Any team in the championship with a player like Bale in the team, especially one of the favourites without him would get promoted.

He would score 35+ goals in that league if he was fit, he is way to good for it

Mon May 20, 2019 6:28 am

Anyone even mentioning Bale coming to Cardiff should be wary of the men in white coats coming for them.
Absolutely ridiculous.
I’d imagine Madrid will pay around half his wages (Around 250k a week) and accept a smallish fee for a loan deal if a move of clubs happens.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 am

Bale could come to cardiff, but only to have a butchers to see how his pubs doing.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am

could bale buy us? player owner :lol:

Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 am

As Real Madrid are apparently interested in Pogba, I would have thought some sort of deal is with Man United is the obvious solution. I know who I would rather have in my team.

Mon May 20, 2019 12:09 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Any team in the championship with a player like Bale in the team, especially one of the favourites without him would get promoted.

He would score 35+ goals in that league if he was fit, he is way to good for it

I agree with you. He would just ghost past the opposition as if they were not there. If he stayed fit, he'd get more than 40 goals in a season in the Championship... ah, I'm dreaming :D

Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm

JJ1927 wrote:As Real Madrid are apparently interested in Pogba, I would have thought some sort of deal is with Man United is the obvious solution. I know who I would rather have in my team.

Who?

Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Yeah, definitely Manchester United. Ole always spends a lot of money till he gets sacked .
I think we should offer him Gary Madine for about £30 Million - he's got no sense so why not give it a try ?

I seriously think Gareth Bale there though.