Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Motherwell ace praises reported Derby and Cardiff target

Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Motherwell ace praises reported Derby and Cardiff target David Turnbull

HITC

Monday 20th May 2019

Championship trio Derby County, Cardiff and Bristol City are all being linked with Motherwell's Scottish Premiership starlet David Turnbull.

Reported Derby County and Cardiff City target David Turnbull has all the potential to reach the very top of the game. At least, that is what his Motherwell teammate Carl McHugh has told the Daily Record.

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has established himself as one of the brightest stars in Scottish football over the last nine months or so, winning the FWA Young Player of the Year award after firing home 14 goals for Stephen Robinson’s side in all competitions.

According to the Scottish Sun, Championship play-off finalists Derby are keen to bring Turnbull to Pride Park in the summer while Cardiff and Bristol City are also interested.

And whichever side that wins the race will be signing a player with huge potential, according to McHugh.

“Genuinely, he really has got so much ability he could go right to the top of the game. He’s got the temperament as well. He strolls through games and looks a class above everyone else,” McHugh said.

“It’s got to the stage in training now where no one goes near him – because you can’t get near him – so everyone just let’s him have the ball. Honestly, you can’t even kick him!

3rd November 2018, Fir Park, Motherwell, Scotland; Ladbrokes Premiership football, Motherwell versus Dundee; David Turnbull of Motherwell is congratulated after scoring for 1-0 in the 69th...

“He’s a great lad and I’ll be really looking forward to watching his career develop because the sky’s the limit for him. He’s a special, special talent. I think he could go somewhere else and play week in, week out.”

Derby are likely to lose loan stars Mason Mount and Harry Wilson if they fail to beat Aston Villa at Wembley with Turnbull lined up as a potential replacement for the Chelsea and Liverpool-owned youngsters.

Motherwell’s chief executive Alan Burrows, meanwhile, has suggested that Turnbull will become the club’s biggest ever export with a transfer fee set to exceed the £1.75 million Celtic paid for Phil O’Donnell 25 years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Motherwell ace praises reported Derby and Cardiff target

Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 pm

More Ralls than Gunnarsson. He might be brilliant with time but he's got acres of space where he's been playing and I wonder whether he'd be fast enough - might be able to speed up and might not .
Not as impressive as Vaulks

Wed May 22, 2019 6:38 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:More Ralls than Gunnarsson. He might be brilliant with time but he's got acres of space where he's been playing and I wonder whether he'd be fast enough - might be able to speed up and might not .

One thing you don’t get in Scottish Football is time or space, it’s played at a frantic pace.

Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 am

Jock wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:More Ralls than Gunnarsson. He might be brilliant with time but he's got acres of space where he's been playing and I wonder whether he'd be fast enough - might be able to speed up and might not .

One thing you don’t get in Scottish Football is time or space, it’s played at a frantic pace.

Don't know a lot about him tbh but Motherwell fans seem to rave about him as one of the best young players to come out of Scotland.