Milkshake over Farage

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Milkshake over Farage

Postby dogfound » Tue May 21, 2019 7:38 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Firstly I'd like to make clear that I'm not advocating throwing things at people.
I just find all this anger to be a bit ott when you consider that remainers chucking a milkshake is unacceptable but leavers have advocated violence (farage and tr), murdered someone, and are now sending death threats which have led to a constant police presence and having to take measures to prevent flammable materials being used against the person who threw a milkshake (which he got beat up for at the time) and no one here mentions it

Think this has been misinterpreted by some people. The point I was trying to make was that I don't think this massive outcry and calls for jail etc fit the scale of the crime (I'd say a caution/ fine is enough). I then brought up some examples of things that brexiters have done which don't get mentioned on here to show that many things have been said and many actions have happened which are much worse than a drink being thrown.
I never said that all brexiters did anything
I never said that farage or tr were involved with the Jo Cox murder.

its not about brexiteers or remainers mate its about right and wrong.

It should be I agree but people have changed it to left and right long ago

tbh mate ..the people changing it to a right/left thing on here is you...
and if we have politicians that all think the same we are well and truely screwed..as for Brexit its not a left or right thing no matter how much some nutters try to make out it is ..huge areas that are normally on the left voted leave and similar the other way..Corbyn and the late Tony Benn both more than a little on the left have been massively anti EU for years..Corbyn is now officially on a fence lol..
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby epping blue » Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am

Now we have an OAP attacked in the same way by a remain supporting left wing scumbag outside a poling station. Attempts to restrict the lawful unhindered casting of a vote are truly third world tactics from the left wing thugs. Intimidation of an OAP beyond contempt. BBC will no doubt put the usual blanket ban reporting it.

Not to worry the poor old man's been called a fascist by Alastair Campbell in the last day and labelled incontinent by the editor of pro remain newspaper within the last week. Just because he's exercising his perfect legal right to choose where he puts his vote.
epping blue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Firstly I'd like to make clear that I'm not advocating throwing things at people.
I just find all this anger to be a bit ott when you consider that remainers chucking a milkshake is unacceptable but leavers have advocated violence (farage and tr), murdered someone, and are now sending death threats which have led to a constant police presence and having to take measures to prevent flammable materials being used against the person who threw a milkshake (which he got beat up for at the time) and no one here mentions it

This post is not about who was attacked, remainers or Brexiters, it's about people shouldn't be allowed to attack any MP's with Milkshakes, beans on toast, acid or knives, and if they do they should be banged up and treated with triple sentencing to stop it!

I agree, and if you insist on throwing food at people, the very least you should expect is to be remanded in custard.

Hmm seems a bit harsh it's only a trifling matter.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu May 23, 2019 12:41 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Farage has said he'd pick up a rifle if brexit doesn't happen

Yep, and Jess Phillips once said she's stab Jeremy Corbyn. Thing is neither was meant to be taken literally so you really can't say that Farage is calling for violence unless you want to bundle Jess Phillips and a whole host of other politicians from both sides in with him as well. Context, tone and nuance do still have to be taken into consideration.

If you actually look at the thread the early conversation is around why the guy who threw milkshake on Farage is being prosecuted whilst the guy who threw one of TR is celebrated on TV as brave.

They're both pushing for a leave vote so it isn't about "remain vs. leave" and certainly isn't "left vs. right".

As someone else said (Dogfound I think?) it's about right and wrong.

And more importantly, (for me anyway) it's about dealing with the exact same offence with the exact punishment.

It really doesn't really matter what that punishment is, to be honest, give em both a slap on the wrist or lock em both up for 28 days like the guy who egged Corbyn. I really don't care - but the crime doesn't change because of who was your victim so why should the punishment.

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Farage has said he'd pick up a rifle if brexit doesn't happen

Yep, and Jess Phillips once said she's stab Jeremy Corbyn. Thing is neither was meant to be taken literally so you really can't say that Farage is calling for violence unless you want to bundle Jess Phillips and a whole host of other politicians from both sides in with him as well. Context, tone and nuance do still have to be taken into consideration.

If you actually look at the thread the early conversation is around why the guy who threw milkshake on Farage is being prosecuted whilst the guy who threw one of TR is celebrated on TV as brave.

They're both pushing for a leave vote so it isn't about "remain vs. leave" and certainly isn't "left vs. right".

As someone else said (Dogfound I think?) it's about right and wrong.

And more importantly, (for me anyway) it's about dealing with the exact same offence with the exact punishment.

It really doesn't really matter what that punishment is, to be honest, give em both a slap on the wrist or lock em both up for 28 days like the guy who egged Corbyn. I really don't care - but the crime doesn't change because of who was your victim so why should the punishment.

:ayatollah:

I thought it was mainly 3rd world countries where intimidation was used at elections. and where you knew that democracy was really just a joke word. Perhaps that is the way the UK is heading, maybe we are already there.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 23, 2019 3:19 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lengee » Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Unacceptable by whichever side (left or right). Sadly our politics is spiralling downwards.
Imho, however, Farage, Robinson etc promote divisive politics where hate and anger have replaced mutual tolerance when discussing issues. Most problems in politics and life have shades of grey. Life is not binary - black and white. Offering simple solutions to difficult problems is often initially appealing, but it is in reality is misleading and dangerous.I
:bluebird:
Lengee

Postby dogfound » Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Lengee wrote:Unacceptable by whichever side (left or right). Sadly our politics is spiralling downwards.
Imho, however, Farage, Robinson etc promote divisive politics where hate and anger have replaced mutual tolerance when discussing issues. Most problems in politics and life have shades of grey. Life is not binary - black and white. Offering simple solutions to difficult problems is often initially appealing, but it is in reality is misleading and dangerous.I

those dandelions appearing in your lawn were put there by farage and tommy robinson too...

politics has always been divisive or were you more tolerant of the thatcher years ..?
dogfound

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri May 24, 2019 11:52 am

Lengee wrote:Unacceptable by whichever side (left or right). Sadly our politics is spiralling downwards.

So in your opinion their fair game for being attacked? Wow just wow.

I suppose the elderly gentleman yesterday was fair game too.

Your opinion is just that your opinion however you cannot say it's ok though attack them as I think they promote divisive politics.
WelshPatriot

Postby epping blue » Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Your opinion is just that your opinion however you cannot say it's ok though attack them as I think they promote divisive politics.

The attack on the pensioner hasn't had so much as mention on the BBC. For the first time in my life I'm doubting the relative impartiality of their news coverage.
epping blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri May 24, 2019 1:04 pm

epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

The attack on the pensioner hasn't had so much as mention on the BBC. For the first time in my life I'm doubting the relative impartiality of their news coverage.

There was never any danger of this getting much coverage on the BBC, if it had been a brexiteer throwing stuff at a remain candidate, they would have been all over it. The BBC are a joke, and the annoying thing is we have to fund them, like it or not.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Lengee » Fri May 24, 2019 6:30 pm

epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I said"unacceptable by whichever side (left or right)... "
So you don't read the first line of posts. Wow just Wow!! :laughing5: :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby dogfound » Fri May 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Lengee wrote:
epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

the problem was not the first line though was it...it was the... however excuse that followed...

in many peoples OPINION there is no one more divisive than JC , does that make it right or to some extent excuse the fella that egged him ? .i don't think it is..

btw where right and wrong are concerned its very often binary..and egging or chucking milkshakes at old men is wrong..no ifs buts or maybes..
dogfound

Postby Lengee » Fri May 24, 2019 8:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

the problem was not the first line though was it...it was the... however excuse that followed...

in many peoples OPINION there is no one more divisive than JC , does that make it right or to some extent excuse the fella that egged him ? .i don't think it is..

btw where right and wrong are concerned its very often binary..and egging or chucking milkshakes at old men is wrong..no ifs buts or maybes..

Tri cynnig i Gymro.......
Thread:milkshake over Farage
First line:
"unacceptable by whichever side (left or right)... "
What's not to understand? I don't agree with it. And while in the scale of violence against others it is hardly a hanging offence, I don't excuse it.
Later comment:
"Problems in politics and life have shades of grey. Life is not binary - black and white. Offering simple solutions to difficult problems is often initially appealing, but it is in reality is misleading and dangerous".
I stand by all that.
You say
"Some find Corbyn very devisive" fair comment. but the thread was not about him., I am not a particular fan of his either. But, as my first line indicated, throwing stuff at him is also unacceptable.
And your point was? :roll: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby CityBlue93 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 pm

Laughable that there's more of a fuss on here about milkshake being thrown than a genuine murder plot on a labour MP this week.
CityBlue93

Postby dogfound » Sat May 25, 2019 2:28 am

Lengee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

First line:
What's not to understand? I don't agree with it. And while in the scale of violence against others it is hardly a hanging offence, I don't excuse it.
Later comment:
"Problems in politics and life have shades of grey. Life is not binary - black and white. Offering simple solutions to difficult problems is often initially appealing, but it is in reality is misleading and dangerous".
I stand by all that.
You say
"Some find Corbyn very devisive" fair comment. but the thread was not about him., I am not a particular fan of his either. But, as my first line indicated, throwing stuff at him is also unacceptable.

there was nothing to not understand...your first line was fair...HOWEVER as with all your posts it was only there as a leader into one of your random rants about politicians you do not like...Corbyn was only used { way to complicated for you } in an attempt for you to see it from the other side occasionally. whether you like him or not is unimportant :roll: :roll: :roll:
dogfound

Postby Jock » Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 am

CityBlue93 wrote:Laughable that there's more of a fuss on here about milkshake being thrown than a genuine murder plot on a labour MP this week.

A conservative councillor in Scotland had his family home and car petrol bombed, how much coverage did that receive.
Jock

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat May 25, 2019 7:25 am

Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:Laughable that there's more of a fuss on here about milkshake being thrown than a genuine murder plot on a labour MP this week.

A conservative councillor in Scotland had his family home and car petrol bombed, how much coverage did that receive.

I'm guessing it's because the milk shake incident was two days ago while the plot to kill the Labour MP & a police officer took place two years ago.
Steve Zodiak

Postby epping blue » Sat May 25, 2019 7:48 am

Jock wrote:

I hadn't heard about it but if there is any saving grace it does appear to be a local issue and not related to the current political divisions within the country. However the current vitriol coming out of the likes of Gina Miller and Alistair Campbell directed at the Brexit party and its supporters voters is concerning.
epping blue

Postby Lengee » Sat May 25, 2019 12:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
epping blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

First line:
Later comment:
I stand by all that.
You say

there was nothing to not understand...your first line was fair...HOWEVER as with all your posts it was only there as a leader into one of your random rants about politicians you do not like...Corbyn was only used { way to complicated for you } in an attempt for you to see it from the other side occasionally. whether you like him or not is unimportant :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was just an honest opinion. Because you don't happen to agree with it does not mean that it is a random rant. :roll: :bluebird:
I think it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black..... "Attempt to see it from the other side occasionally". :laughing5:
Lengee

Postby Jock » Sat May 25, 2019 12:23 pm

The blame for division lies with the pro remain camp. Using terms like uneducated, xenophobic, intolerant and racist to describe Brexit voters led us to this place. You say Robinson promotes hate and intolerance, how tolerant do you think Islam is?
Jock

Postby Lengee » Sat May 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Jock wrote:

The blame for division lies with the pro remain camp. Using terms like uneducated, xenophobic, intolerant and racist to describe Brexit voters led us to this place. You say Robinson promotes hate and intolerance, how tolerant do you think Islam is?

There is blame on both sides (Brexit and Remain). whether someone is Remain or Brexit is just an opinion, it cuts across left and right. For the record I don't think there should ever have been a Referendum. I won't go into the reasons why David Cameron called it.
As for Islam, there are some horrific extremists who call themselves Islamic and they promote hate violence and intolerance. But I wouldn't dream of saying all Islamists are like that. Because I don't know enough about Islam.
:bluebird: :wave:
Lengee

Postby AHERNE » Sat May 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:Something has to be done about this, this type of incident is growing fast and it could have been acid or something dangerous.

The media are loving it but would be so happy if it was one of their journalists.

Stop being a milkflake
AHERNE

Postby Jock » Sat May 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Lengee wrote:
Jock wrote:

There is blame on both sides (Brexit and Remain). whether someone is Remain or Brexit is just an opinion, it cuts across left and right. For the record I don't think there should ever have been a Referendum. I won't go into the reasons why David Cameron called it.
As for Islam, there are some horrific extremists who call themselves Islamic and they promote hate violence and intolerance. But I wouldn't dream of saying all Islamists are like that. Because I don't know enough about Islam.
:bluebird: :wave:

You’ve just defined an Islamist.
The hate all started with the remain side, had remain won that would have been it, we would have accepted it and moved on.
Jock

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Green party member attacked in Bristol:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristo ... 908598.amp
CCFCJosh75

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Green party member attacked in Bristol:

So why have'nt you questioned the validity of this report in the way that you expressed doubts about the elderly man having a milk shake thrown over him? You could at least show a bit of consistency.

I am a "leave"voter, and I find this sort of behaviour disgusting. There is no place for any form of violence whichever side of the fence you are on. Personally, I could'nt care of he was Green Party, Labour, Brexit, or Monster Raving Loony Party, being assaulted because you have a different point of view to someone else is not on, and I hope the police catch this thug if he threw someone to the floor just because of his beliefs.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Lengee » Sun May 26, 2019 9:08 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

So why have'nt you questioned the validity of this report in the way that you expressed doubts about the elderly man having a milk shake thrown over him? You could at least show a bit of consistency.

I am a "leave"voter, and I find this sort of behaviour disgusting. There is no place for any form of violence whichever side of the fence you are on. Personally, I could'nt care of he was Green Party, Labour, Brexit, or Monster Raving Loony Party, being assaulted because you have a different point of view to someone else is not on, and I hope the police catch this thug if he threw someone to the floor just because of his beliefs.

In 100% agreement with your second para. Blame in both sides of the arguement...and there are no simple answers to complex issues! :wave: :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:05 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

So because I expressed doubts over one thing I now have to express doubts over everything?
Does that mean you have to accept everything because you accepted those two?
I suppose your 'consistency' means you have to accept this as well:
https://newsthump.com/2019/05/03/mcdona ... milkshake/
CCFCJosh75

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun May 26, 2019 11:34 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So because I expressed doubts over one thing I now have to express doubts over everything?

I have'nt accepted or rejected anything, unlike yourself who casts doubts on events only if it suits your agenda. I have already said on the thread where you questioned if the old man had actually had drink thrown at him that it would be disappointing if this had been made up, just as I said on here that attacks on anyone and everyone for holding a political point of view are equally bad. Perhaps you should go back to school and learn to read, then you would know what the word consistent actually means.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I have'nt accepted or rejected anything, unlike yourself who casts doubts on events only if it suits your agenda. I have already said on the thread where you questioned if the old man had actually had drink thrown at him that it would be disappointing if this had been made up, just as I said on here that attacks on anyone and everyone for holding a political point of view are equally bad. Perhaps you should go back to school and learn to read, then you would know what the word consistent actually means.

Funny because I thought all I did was post a link and a summary of a title but apparently I've given my thoughts and feelings on the matter in a bid to aid my agenda
CCFCJosh75

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat