Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Milkshake over Farage

Tue May 21, 2019 8:35 am

Something has to be done about this, this type of incident is growing fast and it could have been acid or something dangerous.

The media are loving it but would be so happy if it was one of their journalists.

Re: Milkshake over Farage

Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am

What annoyed me is that the bloke who threw the shake was arrested on a public order offence yet when Tony Robbinson had the same treatment a couple of weeks ago nothing was done. Now I don’t like Tommy robbinson but as for the law it should be the same regardless who it’s against

Tue May 21, 2019 9:24 am

You may not like Farage, in fact you may hate him, but he was going about his lawful business in a peaceful way. If you disagree with his point of view, just ignore him. Why would someone want to throw anything at another person just because they have a different political view to them. The only thing I can think is that this person either lacks the intelligence to have an open an honest debate, or does not believe in the idea of free speech or democracy. I don't like Corbyn, but he is perfectly entitled to have his own views and opinions, and it would not cross my mind to throw a drink at him just because my opinion is different to his. Perhaps some people are just terrified of the fact his party might just come out on top after Thursday's Euro elections. That's democracy for you.

Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:You may not like Farage, in fact you may hate him, but he was going about his lawful business in a peaceful way. If you disagree with his point of view, just ignore him. Why would someone want to throw anything at another person just because they have a different political view to them. The only thing I can think is that this person either lacks the intelligence to have an open an honest debate, or does not believe in the idea of free speech or democracy. I don't like Corbyn, but he is perfectly entitled to have his own views and opinions, and it would not cross my mind to throw a drink at him just because my opinion is different to his. Perhaps some people are just terrified of the fact his party might just come out on top after Thursday's Euro elections. That's democracy for you.

Agree no one should assault politicians and if they do they should be charged and have the criminal record, it may make them think twice.

He's definitely frightening the establishment, he's being treated differently, I can relate to it, it's like the way we were treated by officials and the media in general in the Premier League.
Last edited by Bluebina on Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 am

I wonder if this brave man would have done this if this was a protest for human rights, or maybe a protest by Muslims in Luton, or by army vets demonstrating about prosecutions from 40 years ago ?

Somehow I dont think he would, if you are so thick you cant articulate your argument without resorting to violence - maybe you should have the vote taken away from you. If you dont like someones politics - then find someone else to vote for. Its called democracy.

Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 am

Farage was heard saying he prefers chocolate to strawberry.Needed 17 pints to calm down. :lol:

Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am

snoopystorm wrote:What annoyed me is that the bloke who threw the shake was arrested on a public order offence yet when Tony Robbinson had the same treatment a couple of weeks ago nothing was done. Now I don’t like Tommy robbinson but as for the law it should be the same regardless who it’s against

I thought the same.....ashamedly on tv this morning they described the bloke who did it it to Tommy Robinson as brave.

Tue May 21, 2019 12:27 pm

Firstly I'd like to make clear that I'm not advocating throwing things at people.
I just find all this anger to be a bit ott when you consider that remainers chucking a milkshake is unacceptable but leavers have advocated violence (farage and tr), murdered someone, and are now sending death threats which have led to a constant police presence and having to take measures to prevent flammable materials being used against the person who threw a milkshake (which he got beat up for at the time) and no one here mentions it

Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Firstly I'd like to make clear that I'm not advocating throwing things at people.
I just find all this anger to be a bit ott when you consider that remainers chucking a milkshake is unacceptable but leavers have advocated violence (farage and tr), murdered someone, and are now sending death threats which have led to a constant police presence and having to take measures to prevent flammable materials being used against the person who threw a milkshake (which he got beat up for at the time) and no one here mentions it

who have they murdered josh ?

Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Firstly I'd like to make clear that I'm not advocating throwing things at people.

Yep I'd be Interested to hear this one.....he'll probably refer an online blog factually incorrect as his evidence.

Tue May 21, 2019 12:58 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yep I'd be Interested to hear this one.....he'll probably refer an online blog factually incorrect as his evidence.

Jo Cox
The remain mp shot a week before the EU referendum but a person who, eye witnesses say, shouted 'britain first' before the shot. At his trial he told the judge his name was 'Death to traitors, freedom for Britain'.

I Crown Prosecution Service summary revealed that the attacker told the arresting officers he was “a political activist,” and had shouted “a variation of ‘Britain first,’ ‘Keep Britain independent,’ ‘Britain always comes first,’ and ‘This is for Britain’ as he launched the attack on Cox.” I'd add the context to speed up the 'that wasn't about brexit' reply

Tue May 21, 2019 1:16 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Jo Cox
The remain mp shot a week before the EU referendum but a person who, eye witnesses say, shouted 'britain first' before the shot. At his trial he told the judge his name was 'Death to traitors, freedom for Britain'.

I Crown Prosecution Service summary revealed that the attacker told the arresting officers he was “a political activist,” and had shouted “a variation of ‘Britain first,’ ‘Keep Britain independent,’ ‘Britain always comes first,’ and ‘This is for Britain’ as he launched the attack on Cox.” I'd add the context to speed up the 'that wasn't about brexit' reply

Fair play Josh, you certainly come out with a constant stream of rubbish. Farage has never promoted violence, and neither do most Brexit supporters. You will alway get the odd few anti democracy idiots, just as we saw in Merthyr recently when Plaid supporters blocked the road in an attempt to stop Brexit supporters hold a legitimate rally. I voted to leave the EU, and will be voting for the Brexit party on Thursday. If the polls are correct, I don't need to vote because the Brexit party are going to be way ahead of every other party in Wales anyway. One thing I am confident of, and that is that most of those who will vote for Farage's party will think the same as me, and that is the murder of Jo Cox was an absolute outrage, and an attack on democracy itself. It's a pity certain MP's could'nt act in a more dignified manner, and honour her by accepting the democratic decision made when over 17m people voted for something which they are subsequently trying to get overturned.

Tue May 21, 2019 1:18 pm

This post is not about who was attacked, remainers or Brexiters, it's about people shouldn't be allowed to attack any MP's with Milkshakes, beans on toast, acid or knives, and if they do they should be banged up and treated with triple sentencing to stop it!

Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Bluebina wrote:

This post is not about who was attacked, remainers or Brexiters, it's about people shouldn't be allowed to attack any MP's with Milkshakes, beans on toast, acid or knives, and if they do they should be banged up and treated with triple sentencing to stop it!

top post

Tue May 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I agree, and if you insist on throwing food at people, the very least you should expect is to be remanded in custard.

Tue May 21, 2019 1:39 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Jo Cox

You've outdone yourself this time.

Tell me something when a terrorist acts in the name of Islam do you blame all Muslims?

Tue May 21, 2019 1:40 pm

snoopystorm wrote:What annoyed me is that the bloke who threw the shake was arrested on a public order offence yet when Tony Robbinson had the same treatment a couple of weeks ago nothing was done. Now I don’t like Tommy robbinson but as for the law it should be the same regardless who it’s against

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue May 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Wonder if Farage suffers from lactose intolerance like he does with immigrant intolerance?! Lol

Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Jo Cox

but leavers have advocated violence { FARAGE, TR } murdered someone..
apparently it was the Jo Cox murder......you seriously think they were behind it.?

Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Jo Cox

the eye witness btw did not claim he shouted ..Britain first.{ the name of a political organisation } but Britain WILL ALWAYS COME first..it doesn't make the awful murder of a young woman any better..but you can not just go around attaching people or organisations to things they have nothing to do with..

Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm sure Farage will be accused of being plenty more things as the other parties are running scared. Be interesting to see what's next now their accusations of party funding irregularities have been proven to be unfounded.

Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I'm sure Farage will be accused of being plenty more things as the other parties are running scared. Be interesting to see what's next now their accusations of party funding irregularities have been proven to be unfounded.

im not sure anyone can top murder..

Tue May 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Think this has been misinterpreted by some people. The point I was trying to make was that I don't think this massive outcry and calls for jail etc fit the scale of the crime (I'd say a caution/ fine is enough). I then brought up some examples of things that brexiters have done which don't get mentioned on here to show that many things have been said and many actions have happened which are much worse than a drink being thrown.
I never said that all brexiters did anything
I never said that farage or tr were involved with the Jo Cox murder.

Tue May 21, 2019 6:27 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Think this has been misinterpreted by some people. The point I was trying to make was that I don't think this massive outcry and calls for jail etc fit the scale of the crime (I'd say a caution/ fine is enough). I then brought up some examples of things that brexiters have done which don't get mentioned on here to show that many things have been said and many actions have happened which are much worse than a drink being thrown.

its not about brexiteers or remainers mate its about right and wrong.

Tue May 21, 2019 6:32 pm

To be honest he's milking it

Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I doubt if many people think this sort of offence warrants a prison sentence, or even a suspended prison sentence. The fine should be large enough to make this clown, or anyone else, think long and hard before throwing things at politicians of any party, just because they do not share their views. What on earth makes these idiots think it is in order to assault someone just because they have a different point of view. Has happened before (John Prescott springs to mind) and needs to be stopped.

Tue May 21, 2019 6:42 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Not one post before yours calls for the guy to be jailed.

By the way what violence have Farage and TR advocated??

Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

There's been a lot of people on sites like twitter, and eventually here, who've called for jail.
Farage has said he'd pick up a rifle if brexit doesn't happen
TR has half a dozen.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:13 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

There's been a lot of people on sites like twitter, and eventually here, who've called for jail.
Farage has said he'd pick up a rifle if brexit doesn't happen
TR has half a dozen.

"Eventually" I give up with you lol

Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

its not about brexiteers or remainers mate its about right and wrong.

It should be I agree but people have changed it to left and right long ago