Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Will Vaulks ‘

Tue May 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Just seen on social media that we are in for Vaulks.
Make of that what you wish...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Will Vaulks

Tue May 21, 2019 6:06 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Just seen on social media that we are in for Vaulks.

Would be a class singing bud one I really hope we get, wouldn’t cost a great deal and would add class in midfield

Tue May 21, 2019 6:18 pm

Nothing on their forums yet.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Just seen on social media that we are in for Vaulks.

Would be excellent :ayatollah:

Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm

I agree gents.
We need to splash out on a striker badly though.
Is Dwight Gayle out of our price range !?

Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I agree gents.

30 years old and 50k a week I hope so unless it's a loan.

Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I didn’t realise he was that old!!! Pass.

Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

He's 29 in October :thumbup:

Wed May 22, 2019 10:05 am

TrueBlue99 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

My mistake, I didn't think he was that old but for some reason believed someone's post on here :lol:

I think I'd still rather a loan mind.

Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

My mistake, I didn't think he was that old but for some reason believed someone's post on here :lol:

I read he's 29 now and 30 in october as it says he's born in 1989. My mistake if im wrong haha :banghead:

Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I read he's 29 now and 30 in october as it says he's born in 1989. My mistake if im wrong haha :banghead:

Who knows :laughing5:

Wiki does say 28 and his birthday in October but that can be edited as well lol

Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Apparently we are in for a Senegalese striker called Habib Diallo, don't know much about him but hes done well in ligue 2 France this season

Wed May 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Cardiff City eyeing move for Wales international Will Vaulks

Wednesday 22nd May 2019

The midfielder could well be in demand this summer following Rotherham United's relegation from the Championship

Cardiff City are keeping tabs on Wales international midfielder Will Vaulks.

The Rotherham United midfielder is one of several possible options currently being considered by the Bluebirds, but an official approach has not yet been made at this stage.

Vaulks recently signed a new one-year deal following the Rotherham's relegation from the Championship, having been one of the Millers' shining lights during an otherwise difficult season.

City are subsequently expected to face competition for the 25-year old, who made his competitive international bow in Wales' Euro 2020 qualifier with Slovakia in March. He's currently away on a training camp in Portugal with the national side ahead of clashes with Hungary and Croatia.

His emergence on the international scene has seen his stock rise, with Rangers and Sheffield United previously linked with a move.

And boss Neil Warnock could well see him as a strong option to help rebuild his midfield following relegation from the Premier League.

Aron Gunnarsson has left the capital to join Qatari side Al Arabi, while loanees Victor Camarasa and Harry Arter have both returned to their parent clubs.

Camarasa could yet return to the Premier League, with the likes of Everton and West Ham believed to be showing an interest in the Spaniard.

Warnock is subsequently hoping to bring in two midfield options this summer, ahead of what is likely to be his last season at the club, and knows he will have to recruit well if he is to build a squad capable of a ninth promotion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Will Vaulks ‘

Wed May 22, 2019 12:48 pm

The inside track on Cardiff City target Will Vaulks

What would the Wales international bring to the Bluebirds?

WEDNESDAY 22 MAY 2019

What would the Wales international bring to the Bluebirds?

Cardiff City are eyeing a move for Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks.

WalesOnline understand the Wales international is one of several possible options being considered by the club, but no official approach has been made yet.

But how would the 25-year-old fit in at the Bluebirds and what is his current contract situation?

We've got the full lowdown on the

What's his track record?

The Wales midfielder joined current club Rotherham from Falkirk in 2016 and was part of the side that helped the Millers gain promotion from League One last term.

The 25-year-old was a key player for Rotherham during their promotion-winning campaign and landed the club's player of the season award.

He couldn't save them from relegation this season but he scored eight goals in 43 appearances in all competitions for Paul Warne's side.

What's his contract situation?

Vaulks recently signed a new one-year deal following the Rotherham's relegation from the Championship, having been one of the Millers' shining lights during an otherwise difficult season.

It seems more a case of Rotherham protecting their assets as it means he won't be available on a free this summer.

So Cardiff will have to fork out for a fee for the midfielder and his emergence as a Wales player will likely only see that figure rise a little.

So too will the added interest from other clubs - with Rangers and Sheffield United having been previously linked.

What would he bring to the Bluebirds?

With Aron Gunnarsson, Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa all leaving, there will be a sizable hole to fill in midfield.

The addition of Vaulks could go some way to starting that process of rebuilding in the middle of the park.

Industrious, physical and with an eye for goal, the Wales international would be an ideal addition to the Cardiff midfield.

Will Vaulks has been linked with a move to Cardiff City this summer (Image: Getty Images)
His passing game is impressive, often allowing him to control the tempo of the game - something the Bluebirds will look to develop if they want to build a Plan B for their return to the Championship.

But he would also be an suitable fit for Neil Warnock's current system of play - excelling defensively in front of the back four and capable of winning aerial battles.

And like Gunnarsson, he also has a long throw to boot.

What they said?

Wales manager Ryan Giggs is a fan of the midfielder - having given him his international debut against Trinidad and Tobago.

"It's been an interesting journey for Will," said Giggs.

"He was in the system in Wales, went up to Scotland then came back down, he's now captain at Rotherham.

"It's a fantastic story and it just proves that you should never give up. He's got a lot to offer."

Rotherham manager Warne has described him as "a good player" adding "he'd be a handful in any team".

"He's an attribute to any side."

Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Who knows :laughing5:

Wiki does say 28 and his birthday in October but that can be edited as well lol

Who knows :lol: apologies if im wrong it says 29 when I type in Dwight gayle :lol: Anyway he'd be a cracking signing on loan not sure how much Newcastle would want for him permanently but he's the closest thing we'll probably get to guaranteed goals in the championship imo.

Wed May 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Ok! this is one of the many sites that say he is 28, wikipedia it seems is the odd one out!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dwight- ... ler/196522

Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 pm

You gotta ask yourself,what price 20+ goals in a season.Christ if you could say fifteen per season I'd bite your hand off even if he was 35

Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Vaulks would be a good signing ....very strong player and I would definitely take Gayle...even with his age and wages....goal machine at this level if he’s available.
Difference between his wages and a lesser striker is nothing compared to the financial benefits of promotion.
Just need to make sure we go up !!!!! :bluescarf:

Wed May 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Think we need a solid midfielder that's played top league football for the experience in pushing for promotion.

Hes signed a 1 year deal after relegation !! Personally I dont see the plus side in him.

Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm

RageJon wrote:Think we need a solid midfielder that's played top league football for the experience in pushing for promotion.

Hes signed a 1 year deal after relegation !! Personally I dont see the plus side in him.

We are in for two so we still might.

Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm

I have the feeling this isn't going to happen .

It's the Silly Season and he's probably the first of a long series of players linked with the club in the press.
Either it'll be Wales Online who can't find anyone else's article to cut and paste form the Internet one day and make some crap up without getting the spelling or grammar right, or some football agent who's trying to create interest in one of his journeyman clients currently playing for a third division Turkish team ,

We want about three solid midfielders who are comfortable at the top end of the Championship - maybe on the way out from a premiership team and if possible one who can score too. No experiments or developing players though please.

It'd be great to sign them early but it's unlikely because no one wants to pay wages earlier than necessary and clubs want to wait until the transfer deadline to get the highest bid. In fact , I can see us not getting anyone because we don't want to do another Bacuna and buy the last turkey in the shop just fir the sake of it and any decent players probably want to go to the premiership .

Wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd be dissapointed because I think we can win the championship outright with the addition of some GOOD new midfield players and maybe another striker who ,unusually for us, actually scores goals now and again.