Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW CAPTAIN NEEDED FOR WALES

Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 am

With the issue of Ashley Williams in the twilight of his career and the likelihood that he will not be able to hold down a place in the Welsh side. Attention should be turned to the next captain of the side.
I think its likely to Gareth Bale, whats your thoughts on the subject, other names that come forward could be Ben Davies, Jo Allen, Rambo, or even Hennessy :occasion5:

Re: NEW CAPTAIN NEEDED FOR WALES

Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 am

Whistler wrote:With the issue of Ashley Williams in the twilight of his career and the likelihood that he will not be able to hold down a place in the Welsh side. Attention should be turned to the next captain of the side.
I think its likely to Gareth Bale, whats your thoughts on the subject, other names that come forward could be Ben Davies, Jo Allen, Rambo, or even Hennessy :occasion5:

Rambo was captain before Coleman took over

Wed May 22, 2019 9:47 am

Whistler wrote:With the issue of Ashley Williams in the twilight of his career and the likelihood that he will not be able to hold down a place in the Welsh side. Attention should be turned to the next captain of the side.

Rambo was captain before Coleman took over

Wed May 22, 2019 11:14 am

Would personally like to see Ben Davies given the captains armband. Would have said Chris Gunter but he's not really first choice anymore. It will probably end up going to Bale anyway, however I can see Ethan Ampadu eventually having it when he's older.

Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 am

Ethan Ampadu is young but is definitely a future captain, with Wilson could be joining Bournemouth with Brooks and Mepham, Dan James going Utd, Rambo going Juve, Ben Davies probably getting a move soon due to lack of game time, Bale doing whatever he wants because he’s a boss, Tyler Roberts starting for Leeds when he’s got, Ampadu should get game time next year although I can see us getting him on loan, the list goes on and on. I am so excited about this wales team and we thought Euro 2016 was the best we’d ever do... hmmm I doubt it, I think this young wales team can go very far

Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am

Bales too injury prone I'd look elsewhere, Ramssys form dropped when he was captain. I'd look at Ben Davies.

Wed May 22, 2019 12:12 pm

A name thats been overlooked - James Chester

Wed May 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Bale for me, doesn't matter that he is our best player but he is quite clearly a leader in the welsh camp and everyone looks up to him.

Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Ethan Ampadu is young but is definitely a future captain, with Wilson could be joining Bournemouth with Brooks and Mepham, Dan James going Utd, Rambo going Juve, Ben Davies probably getting a move soon due to lack of game time, Bale doing whatever he wants because he’s a boss, Tyler Roberts starting for Leeds when he’s got, Ampadu should get game time next year although I can see us getting him on loan, the list goes on and on. I am so excited about this wales team and we thought Euro 2016 was the best we’d ever do... hmmm I doubt it, I think this young wales team can go very far

Not only that we've got Joe Rodon who's broken through at Swansea, Rabbi Matondo at Schalke, and Ben Woodburn who will hopefully develop further in the next 2-3 years and I think people forget he's only 19, and Nathan Broadhead who's just won Everton under 23 player of the year :clap: .

Not to mention the next crop of youngsters like Dylan Levitt at Man Utd who trained with the Man Utd senior squad last week, Neco Williams from Liverpool who is highly rated, Terry Taylor at Wolves who's been training with the Wolves senior squad at age 17 and Ryan Astley who's been in the Everton under 23's and is incredibly talented according to their under 23 manager David Unsworth. The future of Wales is bright and doesn't look like stopping. Credit has to go to Osian Roberts, the youth coaches and whoever is recruiting these young players and getting them in the welsh set up from an early age.