Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Wales Winger Harry Wilson is for sale for £25mill '

Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm

WILSON VALUED AT £25M

Harry Wilson currently on loan to Derby County.

Sky Sports

Wednesday 22nd May 2019

Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton lead a host of clubs keen to sign Wales and Liverpool young winger Harry Wilson.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool will want up to £25m for the 22-year old who enjoyed an impressive year-long loan at Derby.

It's thought Crystal Palace could join a long list of Wilson's admirers if Wilfried Zaha leaves Selhurst Park this summer.

Wilson’s present club Derby are also keen on keeping him at Pride Park next campaign if they defeat Aston Villa at Wembley on Monday.

Interest in the versatile Welsh attacker has also spread across Europe with Augsburg, Hertha Berlin and Frankfurt in the Bundesliga - and several clubs in Spain monitoring negotiations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Wales Winger Harry Wilson is for sale for £25mill '

Wed May 22, 2019 4:13 pm

too much money.

Wed May 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Hes got all the attributes and the talent to be a top top player but hes not there yet.
£25mill at the moment is too high and says they dont want to sell in my opinion.
After the season he has had he is probably in reality worth £10-£15mill

Wed May 22, 2019 4:23 pm

dogfound wrote:too much money.

Wow yes, that is a lot, he hasn't proved himself enough yet!

Brookes went to Bournemouth for £10Mill rising to 11.5Mill, much better player surely?

Wed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm

James Maddison was 25m off one good season in the Championship.
Brooks looks hell of a bargin

Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 pm

I honestly believe if he was English he would be valued at £25 million because he's Welsh £15 million just my opinion

Wed May 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Madness.

Wed May 22, 2019 7:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Madness.

yes it is..complete and utter madness.

Wed May 22, 2019 7:30 pm

We should have took him on loan last season with an option to buy for £10 m last season, now out of reach! A Premiership team will buy probably Derby if they go up?

Thu May 23, 2019 5:56 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:We should have took him on loan last season with an option to buy for £10 m last season, now out of reach! A Premiership team will buy probably Derby if they go up?

Took him on loan instead of who?

Before this season on loan how many people knew he was a decent player?

Are you certain he can make the step up?

Thu May 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:We should have took him on loan last season with an option to buy for £10 m last season, now out of reach! A Premiership team will buy probably Derby if they go up?

spot on..this with hindsight stuff is so easy to say...
besides, the fact he has had a very good season at a very decent Derby in the championship does not mean he would have for a struggling Cardiff City in the Prem...was probably the right place the right level and at the right time in his development

Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Class player just improving all the time, £25million is nothing when you look at how long he could be at the club that buy him and he fits into the "home grown" bracket under the new rules.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Brookes went to Bournemouth for £10Mill rising to 11.5Mill, much better player surely?

Agree .

Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Liverpool cashing in on him Incase Derby get promoted and want to keep him

Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 am

Bluebina wrote:

Wilson is the better player....when Brookes was being bought for 10million he'd scored 3goals l for Sheffield......Wilson has scored 23 goals in 2 seasons and numerous assists. He is a step above as a free kick taker too.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

Before this season he was the youngest ever Welsh senior cap and had scored 7 goals in 13 games on loan at Hull....plenty of people were talking about him, don't assume because you weren't the footballing world wasn't.

Sat May 25, 2019 3:35 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Wilson is the better player....when Brookes was being bought for 10million he'd scored 3goals l for Sheffield......Wilson has scored 23 goals in 2 seasons and numerous assists. He is a step above as a free kick taker too.

Id agree that Wilson was a better player in the championship than Brooks but after the season David Brooks has had in the prem and watching them both for Wales I still think Brooks is ahead of Harry atm. But its all opinions.

Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Didn't look a quarter of that today

Mon May 27, 2019 5:32 pm

He's a decent footballer who hasn't played at Premier League level yet.

£25m is nonsense. In today's inflated market he'd probably be worth £10 - £12m but no more than that.

Needs to sort out his ridiculous haircut as well.

Mon May 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Anyone who follows Wales would know Wilson,Brooks and Ampado are pure class and are Premier League quality, better than any of our loan players who were not wanted by their clubs!

Mon May 27, 2019 10:01 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Anyone who follows Wales would know Wilson,Brooks and Ampado are pure class and are Premier League quality, better than any of our loan players who were not wanted by their clubs!

Wilson was poor today on the big stage but has had a decent season, still a lot to improve on not Prem level yet imo

Tue May 28, 2019 5:14 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Wilson was poor today on the big stage but has had a decent season, still a lot to improve on not Prem level yet imo

Harsh to say he was poor, Derbys diamond formation was poor Villa knew they'd play it and were ready to stifle it also the Derby defence look like they'd never played together.

Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 am

I agree about the diamond, many times Derby had four up field but nobody in midfield could pick a pass because it was so slow and Villa were waiting for them.

I had my money on Derby as i thought they had two premier league players (Mount and Wilson) compared to Villa's one (Grealish). I didn't realise that MCGinn was one hell of a player. I see no criticism of Ashley Cole for Villa first goal either.

Wilson needs to move on, he has not achieved as much as Madden in the championship, great in spells but i haven't seen him own a game. If he wasn't Welsh and have played at international level he wouldn't be touted as a £25 million player. But Jonny Williams is tossing around in L1 and he has done well at that level.

I would love us to put an £8~ 10 million bid in for him as he reminds me of Whitts. Not quite fast enough even at 22 to be a 433 wide forward but masses of technical ability and a beaut of a left peg. But our Neil prefers physicality over raw ability so i doubt that will happen.

Wed May 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Far from being put off by the £25m price tag, it’s been reported in the papers that Four Premier League clubs and La Ligue clubs are all interested!