Is this Welsh squad going to be the best in our history

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Whistler » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

With the best of the senior players ( Bale, Rambo, Allen, Davies, Chester, Hennessey still in their prime together with the likes of Brookes, Wilson, James, Smith, Ampamadu, Woodburn, Roberts together with the new guys at the back (I cannot think of their names) All this promises to be a golden generation. For once if they are all fit a Welsh Manager not only has to actually select a team but we actually have a bench. This could be the greatest Welsh team any of us have every seen!!!!!! :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
Whistler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Is this Welsh squad going to be the best in our history

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm

Whistler wrote:With the best of the senior players ( Bale, Rambo, Allen, Davies, Chester, Hennessey still in their prime together with the likes of Brookes, Wilson, James, Smith, Ampamadu, Woodburn, Roberts together with the new guys at the back (I cannot think of their names) All this promises to be a golden generation. For once if they are all fit a Welsh Manager not only has to actually select a team but we actually have a bench. This could be the greatest Welsh team any of us have every seen!!!!!! :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:

We've had great teams before but unfortunately the managers have failed to make most of the players available.... but this lot looks the best of all lets just hope Giggs can get best out if them.... :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Thu May 23, 2019 12:32 am

not even close at the moment. loads of potential though.
dogfound

Postby thomasblue » Thu May 23, 2019 6:07 am

I think it's the most exciting and in 3 years will be a fantastic team.

Not sure we have the right manager though I'm still not convinced by Giggs ability to get these young players going.
thomasblue

Postby Whistler » Thu May 23, 2019 7:10 am

There is great potential, I think we will qualify for the Euros and by this time next year who knows we could have the old guard at the top of their game and the new blood having had that extra year's experience at both club and international level. it could be very interesting times! :occasion5:
Whistler

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Whistler wrote:With the best of the senior players ( Bale, Rambo, Allen, Davies, Chester, Hennessey still in their prime together with the likes of Brookes, Wilson, James, Smith, Ampamadu, Woodburn, Roberts together with the new guys at the back (I cannot think of their names) All this promises to be a golden generation. For once if they are all fit a Welsh Manager not only has to actually select a team but we actually have a bench. This could be the greatest Welsh team any of us have every seen!!!!!! :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:

We've had great teams before but unfortunately the managers have failed to make most of the players available.... but this lot looks the best of all lets just hope Giggs can get best out if them.... :thumbup:

Not in my living memory and I'm 58!

We have great players, sometimes 2-3 in the same team, but we've always lacked overall strength. This Wales squad has the best balance and depth that I can ever recall.
Alan_in_China

Postby dogfound » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 am

Whistler wrote:There is great potential, I think we will qualify for the Euros and by this time next year who knows we could have the old guard at the top of their game and the new blood having had that extra year's experience at both club and international level. it could be very interesting times! :occasion5:

its much easier to qualify these days..
but towards the end of the 80s we had 3 of Evertons title winning team ..rush, hughes, saunders, Nicolas..
while of the first 6 main guys you name in the OP 2 play in the championship and one is now Palaces reserve keeper...
I do think the future is bright and exciting but some of these kids now need to up another level for it to be very special..
dogfound

Postby Sven » Thu May 23, 2019 11:30 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not in my living memory and I'm 58!

We have great players, sometimes 2-3 in the same team, but we've always lacked overall strength. This Wales squad has the best balance and depth that I can ever recall.

Yep! The two (great team and great players) have rarely aligned; but (even as someone with little or no interest in international football sine the Alun Evans days) you can see that this bunch are as 'balanced' a unit complemented by a couple of word class stars to aid their cause!

All they need now (as with the much-maligned Coleman) is a manager who can put it all together again! :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Giggs is certainly doing an excellent job in making sure the youngsters are coming through and getting game time.

Time will tell if he is tactically up to it but the future does look bright.
2blue2handle

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Yes it was always the case that at any given time we had an excellent defence or midfield or forward line, sometimes 2 of those 3 elements but never all 3. Comes with being a small country and having a small pool of players to choose from but the signs are good with the current batch.
MoodyBluebird

Return to General Chat