Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Victor Camarasa? '

Thu May 23, 2019 5:44 am

West Ham to battle Wolves for Victor Camarasa

Inside Football / Daily Mail

Thursday 23rd May 2019

West Ham will go head-to-head with Wolves this summer for the services of Real Betis midfielder Victor Camarasa, according to MailOnline.

The central midfielder spent last season on loan at Cardiff City and was one of few shining lights in Neil Warnock’s side as they succumbed to relegation.

The 24-year-old scored five and assisted four in 33 Premier League appearances for the Bluebirds, and must’ve made a huge impression on Manuel Pellegrini when he netted in a 2-0 victory over the Hammers back in March.

Betis are reportedly weighing up what to do next with the Spaniard and it’s not yet known whether they want to loan him out again or seek a permanent deal this summer, but he won’t be short of admirers either way after an impressive maiden campaign in England.

MailOnline also claim Brighton and Everton are also interested but it seems us and Wolves are the obvious front runners for his signature, should Betis agreed to part ways with the midfielder.

Given our injury problems last season, particularly in midfield, it’s no surprise to see us being linked with midfielders and it’s particularly encouraging to see young players being looked at for once.

Carlos Sanchez, Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri were our most high-profile central midfield casualties last term and as two of them are over 30-years-old and the other is almost always injured, they cannot be considered long term options for Pellegrini to call upon.

Declan Rice’s midfield spot is safe for years to come but as Mark Noble’s career begins to wind down over the next couple of years, we’re going to need a ready-made replacement and Camarasa may be seen by Pellegrini as a solid alternative.

Wolves will prove to be tough competition for us in the transfer market given their links with super-agent Jorge Mendes and their impressive 7th placed finish last term.

Camarasa is valued at £5.4m by transfermarkt.com and three years left on his current Real Betis contract.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Victor Camarasa? '

Thu May 23, 2019 6:04 am

I doubt they will get him for £5mill

He will be £15+

If he is available for £5mill we should sign him and offer him another £5mill to drop to the championship with us as a signing on bonus.

Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 am

thomasblue wrote:I doubt they will get him for £5mill

He will be £15+

If he is available for £5mill we should sign him and offer him another £5mill to drop to the championship with us as a signing on bonus.

I think he is going to get the signing on bonus no matter where he goes.

Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 am

It's wishful thinking that a club could sign Camarasa for just £5.4m.. circa £10m more like.

Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 am

Alan_in_China wrote:It's wishful thinking that a club could sign Camarasa for just £5.4m.. circa £10m more like.

its a transfermarkt valuation...which is normally stick a pin in a list of valuations while wearing a blindfold.. the fact those at inside football use that site tells you how important accuracy is when writing articles..

you can also get Harry Wilson and Dan James for a combined fee of 10 mill on there... :lol: :lol:

Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 am

dogfound wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:It's wishful thinking that a club could sign Camarasa for just £5.4m.. circa £10m more like.

its a transfermarkt valuation...which is normally stick a pin in a list of valuations while wearing a blindfold.. the fact those at inside football use that site tells you how important accuracy is when writing articles..

you can also get Harry Wilson and Dan James for a combined fee of 10 mill on there... :lol: :lol:

Is that right? Then that site is truly out of touch! :lol:

Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 am

It crossed my mind that we should offer 8/10 million for him and see what happens .
Most unlikely I know , but if you don't ask you don't get and we've got to be more ambitious than trying to pick up players from Portsmouth and similar teams

Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:It crossed my mind that we should offer 8/10 million for him and see what happens .
Most unlikely I know , but if you don't ask you don't get and we've got to be more ambitious than trying to pick up players from Portsmouth and similar teams

agree we should at least be interested until the stakes get too high...maybe we are ?

Thu May 23, 2019 10:37 am

Good luck to him. He took a gamble by joining us and proved he can make an impact in the PL. Deserves his chance. :bluescarf:

Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good luck to him. He took a gamble by joining us and proved he can make an impact in the PL. Deserves his chance. :bluescarf:

I agree! :thumbup:

Personally, I think Wolves as a club would suit him well but think West Ham would be the choice, as they are 'in the smoke' (so to speak)

Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am

Wolves would be a great move for him in my opinion.

Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:It crossed my mind that we should offer 8/10 million for him and see what happens .

A very naive post.
You don’t think Warnock and Ken Choo haven’t discussed the possibility?

Thu May 23, 2019 12:21 pm

I would imagine that he'll probably want to know whether he has a chance of breaking into the Real Betis team first.

If they are willing to sell then with interest from a number of Premier League clubs why would he even consider dropping down to the Championship?

Would be a backward step in his career.

Thu May 23, 2019 6:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

A very naive post.

People like to think the club is run by idiots that’s the problem.

He’s probably already told them if we get relegated they’ve no chance of signing him.

He’s not going to waste his career in the championship when he is capable of much better things.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good luck to him. He took a gamble by joining us and proved he can make an impact in the PL. Deserves his chance. :bluescarf:

Spot On :thumbup:

Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

A very naive post.

People like to think the club is run by idiots that’s the problem.

He’s probably already told them if we get relegated they’ve no chance of signing him.

He’s not going to waste his career in the championship when he is capable of much better things.

No I'm sure it's been discussed but I was discussing it here, which is different !
Would he be wasting his career by committing to a club where he'll definitely play and can achieve something or by getting sucked into another setup like Real Betis where he's on the bench occasionally ?

I can certainly understand that he might want to guarantee big earnings but if that comes at the price of not getting games, well that'd be a personal choice. I couldn't blame him either way , but people are different and we don't know exactly what motivates anyone.
It'd be great to think that he felt a commitment to the club and its future , and that IS possible, but of course it's very very unlikely, and I did say that at the outset.

Fri May 24, 2019 2:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wolves would be a great move for him in my opinion.

he is defo prem level...and would probably do a job for all 5 clubs these people have linked him with..

alternatively Betis might be sorry they loaned him having followed his form or maybe other la liga clubs might be interested..

one things for sure, he didn't do his stock any harm by coming here..