Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW:Whatsapp message reveals Emiliano Sala had no desire to

Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 am

WOW!

Whatsapp message reveals Emiliano Sala had no desire to complete Cardiff City transfer before tragic death

French TV have released an audio Whatsapp message of tragically deceased striker Emiliano Sala telling a friend that he did not want to join Cardiff City.

By James Westwood

French TV have released an audio Whatsapp message of tragically deceased striker Emiliano Sala telling a friend that he did not want to join Cardiff City.

Sala tragically lost his life after the plane which was carrying him from France to Wales went down over the English channel, just over 24 hours after he had completed a £15 million move to Cardiff – as per the Daily Mirror.

The accident took place on January 21, after Sala had grabbed his final belongings and said goodbye to teammates and staff at Nantes.

The aircraft was lost at sea for two weeks before Sala’s body was identified, but pilot David Ibbotson has never been found.

As the Mirror reports, Sala began: “Last night, I sent a message to Meïssa [N’diaye, Sala’s agent], he called me a few hours later.

“So we had discussions and he told me the last night Franck Kita [son of Nantes owner Waldemar] sent him a message to talk, so he called him. They spoke. And, they want to sell me.

“So, there is the offer from Cardiff today. On their side, they have negotiated to get a lot of money. So they absolutely want me to go there.

“It is true that it is a good contract but from a football perspective, it is not interesting for me. So… there you go, they are trying in every way to get me to go there.

“Me I am not scared to go there, because I have battled throughout my career, so to go there and fight, that does not make me scared.

“On the contrary. But also, I say to myself that Meïssa must find me something better between now and the end of the window. Meïssa has said no to Cardiff because he does not want me to go there.”

The Argentine went on to admit he was at odds with the Nantes owners over the proposed move, which left him feeling as though he was just a tool for financial gain.

“He thinks that in terms of football, in terms of where we are today, we are in a position of strength in every which way, in terms of on the pitch, the contract, all of that,” Sala continued. “But I don’t care about that and I do not want that. I don’t give a f*** about being in a position of strength.

“It is true that I would like to find something interesting in terms of contractually and also from a football perspective, but sometimes you can’t have both. On the other hand, I do not want to speak with Kita, because I do not want to get angry. He is someone who disgusts me when I am face to face with him.

“Him today, he wants to sell me to Cardiff because he has done a super negotiation, he will get the money he wants eh?

“He, he wants me to go there, he hasn’t even asked what I want… All he cares about is money. So, today, we are like that. A complete mess. So there you go… I don’t know.

“I don’t know what to do because as I said to you it is I who has to get up every day and see the face of this person… But nobody is looking at me… myself… me internally, what I am having to go through.

“So, it is very hard, it is very hard, because I feel like there are not many people who would put themselves in my place.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/05/2 ... gic-death/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SALA

Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 am

Igovernor wrote:WOW!

WOW!

Whatsapp message reveals Emiliano Sala had no desire to complete Cardiff City transfer before tragic death

This is football today agents using players to get themselves a reward even when players are happy at a club! :roll:

Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 am

pembroke allan wrote:

WOW!

This is football today agents using players to get themselves a reward even when players are happy at a club! :roll:

the only mention of his agent in there is that his agent does not want him to go to Cardiff..

Thu May 23, 2019 9:07 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

WOW!

the only mention of his agent in there is that his agent does not want him to go to Cardiff..

No there wasn't a mention of an agent in article
Do you you think nantes just went out and try to sell him to us without an agent involvement ? If they did must be a 1st in football! :shock:

Thu May 23, 2019 9:22 am

It was said for weeks that Emiliano Sala had no interest in signing for us and even put out on here.
But FC Nantes needed the money and pushed for him to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 23, 2019 9:32 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

WOW!

Do you you think nantes just went out and try to sell him to us without an agent involvement ? If they did must be a 1st in football! :shock:

whats clear in those messages is that Nantes were pushing this..and pushing him out..
yes there was an agent involved and yes you need to turn that stick you've got the wrong end of around again...
a first in football..right ok... :roll:.

Re: WOW:Whatsapp message reveals Emiliano Sala had no desire

Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 am

Emiliano Sala did NOT want to join Cardiff City, heartbreaking WhatsApp messages show -

Media Wales / Katie Sands

Thursday 23rd May 2019

Messages from Emiliano Sala before he died reveal he had reservations about joining Cardiff City, it has emerged.

Heartbreaking audio WhatsApp messages from the Argentine striker were aired on French television in which the former Nantes footballer tells a friend he did not want to join the Bluebirds.

Sala was tragically killed when the Piper Malibu plane he and pilot David Ibbotson were flying in crashed into the English Channel while flying from France to Cardiff.

It came just two days after Sala had been unveiled as the Bluebirds' record £15million signing.

Sala's body was recovered from the underwater plane wreckage on February 6 following an extensive search but pilot David Ibbotson, 59, of Crowle, Lincolnshire, has not been found.

Now, a WhatApp message sent by Sala to a friend on January 6 was released on Wednesday night's L’Équipe Enquete documentary, Mirror Online reports.

They show that the Argentine - despite admitting it was a good offer financially - was not keen on joining the Bluebirds.

"Last night, I sent a message to Meïssa [N'diaye, Sala's agent], he called me a few hours later," Sala said.

"So we had discussions and he told me the last night Franck Kita [son of Nantes owner Waldemar] sent him a message to talk, so he called him. They spoke. And, they want to sell me.

"So, there is the offer from Cardiff today. On their side, they have negotiated to get a lot of money. So they absolutely want me to go there.

"It is true that it is a good contract but from a football perspective it is not interesting for me. So… there you go, they are trying in every way to get me to go there.

"Me I am not scared to go there, because I have battled throughout my career, so to go there and fight, that does not make me scared.

FC Nantes football club owner Waldemar Kita (Image: AFP/Getty Images)
“On the contrary. But also, I say to myself that Meïssa must find me something better between now and the end of the window. Meïssa has said no to Cardiff because he does not want me to go there.

"He thinks that in terms of football, in terms of where we are today, we are in a position of strength in every which way, in terms of on the pitch, the contract, all of that. But I don’t care about that and I do not want that. I don’t give a f*** about being in a position of strength.

"It is true that I would like to find something interesting in terms of contractually and also from a football perspective, but sometimes you can’t have both. On the other hand, I do not want to speak with Kita, because I do not want to get angry. He is someone who disgusts me when I am face to face with him.

"Him today, he wants to sell me to Cardiff because he has done a super negotiation, he will get the money he wants eh?”

“He, he wants me to go there, he hasn’t even asked what I want…

"I don’t know what to do because as I said to you it is I who has to get up every day and see the face of this person… But nobody is looking at me… myself… me internally, what I am having to go through.

"So, it is very hard, it is very hard, because I feel like there are not many people who would put themselves in my place.”

It comes after a documentary aired this week where Sala's father, Horacio, said his son was "abandoned like a dog" ahead of the doomed flight across the Channel on January 21.

Horacio Sala died weeks after making the comments, but told programme makers: "I always expected to find him alive, but when the news said the plane was in the sea, it became impossible.

"Why was it so hard for them to find something safe? Why couldn't they?

"They left him alone, they left him alone like a dog. They abandoned him."

The pictures from Emiliano Sala's funeral

Cardiff City currently remain embroiled in a transfer fee dispute with Nantes over Sala's £15million fee, with the matter having been referred to FIFA to resolve.

A Cardiff City statement issued earlier this week said: "This season has been one of abject tragedy for everyone who knew Emiliano Sala. In this unprecedented situation, Cardiff City conducted a review to establish the facts. The status of the agreement between the two clubs is clear: the transfer between FC Nantes and Cardiff City was not completed. Legally, there is no grey area.

"The transfer agreement was subject to terms and conditions and stipulated that if any were not satisfied the contract would be deemed "null and void''. Several of the required terms and conditions were not satisfied. In addition, material negotiations were ongoing with Emiliano's agent.

"We were very excited about Emiliano preparing to join Cardiff. Tragically, his life was cut short before that could take place.

"Cardiff City has been working with the appropriate parties to ensure that the Sala family is taken care of - as a matter of principle. And we would encourage others involved to do the same."

Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 am

Probably a little lost in translation somewhere and there is bound to be a certain trepidation for anyone making such a life-changing move; and it didn't appear too be all about the money for him personally (sadly, the same cannot be said of the other sychophants attached to the transfer)

Sala looks happy enough in the photos and said some positive things about Cardiff, Warnock, Choo and playing in the Premier League

But I guess many will take it seriously because it's a negative City story! ;)

Thu May 23, 2019 11:09 am

It sounds like it was all before he visited us or met with anyone to do with Cardiff City (probably the start of the window). This was well documented wasn't it?! He preferred to stay in Nantes but they needed the money. Warnock and co moved the earth to persuade him to join. My understanding is eventually he was very happy to accept the move.

Thu May 23, 2019 11:30 am

Sven wrote:Probably a little lost in translation somewhere and there is bound to be a certain trepidation for anyone making such a life-changing move; and it didn't appear too be all about the money for him personally (sadly, the same cannot be said of the other sychophants attached to the transfer)

Sala looks happy enough in the photos and said some positive things about Cardiff, Warnock, Choo and playing in the Premier League

But I guess many will take it seriously because it's a negative City story! ;)

Exactly how I feel to be honest, couldn't have put it better.

Lets be honest if we were him would we have had a burning desire to join a team struggling and probably knowing the way we play he wont get many chance. Of course he wanted the best move and of course he had doubts why wouldn't he but at the end of the day he decided to join us.

Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 pm

For me this whole Sala thing is getting on my wick, from start to finish it was an absolute farce, it damn right shows the dark sinister side of footballing club and agent dealings.

Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Wolfpac wrote:For me this whole Sala thing is getting on my wick, from start to finish it was an absolute farce, it damn right shows the dark sinister side of footballing club and agent dealings.

It is what it is, fella; it's happened and it will naturally be discussed until the truth eventually outs!

You don't have to get involved in a thread you don't like/want to; but then again, it seems you do! ;)

Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Sven wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:For me this whole Sala thing is getting on my wick, from start to finish it was an absolute farce, it damn right shows the dark sinister side of footballing club and agent dealings.

It is what it is, fella; it's happened and it will naturally be discussed until the truth eventually outs!

You don't have to get involved in a thread you don't like/want to; but then again, it seems you do! ;)

I feel heartache for Emiliano and his family, this is a nightmare they will endure for the rest of their lives, I hope all those accountable for will be reprimanded

Thu May 23, 2019 12:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:It sounds like it was all before he visited us or met with anyone to do with Cardiff City (probably the start of the window). This was well documented wasn't it?! He preferred to stay in Nantes but they needed the money. Warnock and co moved the earth to persuade him to join. My understanding is eventually he was very happy to accept the move.

yes he looked happy enough when signing..some people are like that in that they quickly bounce and make a go of things..
I believe he would have been a big asset for us here...

Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 pm

What is it with S Wales' media outlets? Yet another misleading article has surfaced.

The thrust of the WoL piece is that Sala didn't want to join City and, admittedly implied, that he was forced to do so. On closer examination the WhatsApp message featured was dated Jan 6th, two weeks' before the transfer was being completed. Clearly, by that time Sala did want to join because he was unveiled as a City player subject to clearance.

What is appalling in all this is that a human tragedy is being turned into a news-story to attempt to score political points with.

StT.
<><

Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:What is it with S Wales' media outlets? Yet another misleading article has surfaced.

The thrust of the WoL piece is that Sala didn't want to join City and, admittedly implied, that he was forced to do so. On closer examination the WhatsApp message featured was dated Jan 6th, two weeks' before the transfer was being completed. Clearly, by that time Sala did want to join because he was unveiled as a City player subject to clearance.

What is appalling in all this is that a human tragedy is being turned into a news-story to attempt to score political points with.

StT.
<><

If you look on News Now Cardiff City there are 13 separate news outlets running this story. It started with the Mirror (same newsgroup as Wales Online) although lifted from a french source, and then everyone else picked it up and repeated it (cut and pasted it in most cases) including Wales Online.

It adds a little bit to what we already knew. Sala and his agent were not keen on a move to Cardiff in early January, but Nantes (through their agents Mark and Willie Mckay) were pushing hard. Sala's comments about the Nantes hierarchy are revealing. After a few more weeks of talks and two visits to Cardiff to see the club and speak (again) to Warnock, Choo, Bamba and a few others Sala looked to be genuinely won over and excited about the move.

The main revelation in this 'story' is the contempt that Sala felt for the Nantes' owner (or at least his son) not that he didn't fancy a transfer to Cardiff City on 6 January!

Fri May 24, 2019 12:58 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

WOW!

This is football today agents using players to get themselves a reward even when players are happy at a

whats clear in those messages is that Nantes were pushing this..and pushing him out..
yes there was an agent involved and yes you need to turn that stick you've got the wrong end of around again...

That's what I read in this,I'm sure I have read that the owner would be due a payment of £1.5m from the deal, poor emiliano was just a pawn in all this,plus the McKay s cut,and sala's agents would be due their cuts also,not leaving a lot left of the transfer fee,it's funny that the owner,has now suddenly come out and reckon he was paying him an extra €30,000 a month (with no gratitude shown by the player,in his words) dodgy business all round. :old: :bluebird:

Fri May 24, 2019 7:56 am

bluesince62 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

WOW!

This is football today agents using players to get themselves a reward even when players are happy at a

That's what I read in this,I'm sure I have read that the owner would be due a payment of £1.5m from the deal, poor emiliano was just a pawn in all this,plus the McKay s cut,and sala's agents would be due their cuts also,not leaving a lot left of the transfer fee,it's funny that the owner,has now suddenly come out and reckon he was paying him an extra €30,000 a month (with no gratitude shown by the player,in his words) dodgy business all round. :old: :bluebird:

I read the same about the owner.

Fri May 24, 2019 9:03 am

If there is any truth in all this, surely that is another reason why City should not just be forking out £15m just so that they look good for a day. There is probably lots of stuff gone on that none of us have any idea of.

Fri May 24, 2019 9:22 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:If there is any truth in all this, surely that is another reason why City should not just be forking out £15m just so that they look good for a day. There is probably lots of stuff gone on that none of us have any idea of.

I'm beginning to wonder if there was to be any money left for FC Nantes as a club, as it seems the sycophants were owed more than the actual fee between them? :shock:

Fri May 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:If there is any truth in all this, surely that is another reason why City should not just be forking out £15m just so that they look good for a day. There is probably lots of stuff gone on that none of us have any idea of.

I'm beginning to wonder if there was to be any money left for FC Nantes as a club, as it seems the sycophants were owed more than the actual fee between them? :shock:

Doesn't look like sven :shock: don't forget bordeaux's 40% sell on clause :!: some dark dealings going on behind the scenes for sure :evil: