Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MumsNet Football Dilema

Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am

Saw this and found it quite funny! A couple have their wedding day on the same day as the champions league final and have told guests that they will not show the game and for them not to leave or watch the game on their phones. Caused quite a stir on mums net which I found funny. Just have a little read;

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being ... ssages=100

Re: MumsNet Football Dilema

Thu May 23, 2019 4:09 pm

mums net...? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 23, 2019 6:26 pm

I oddly agree with the couple as you have been invited to their wedding and if you go you are there to celebrate their day......

..... that said, I therefore wouldn't turn up.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Kick off is at 8pm ffs! Meal will be eaten everyone on the booze by that point, not like it's 12pm kick off.

Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm

The daughter of friends of mine was due to marry one of Gareth Bales best friends the day of Wales last 16 game in the Euros. Bale was invited but not surprisingly was unable to attend! He actually referred to it at the end of the game. As most of the guests desperately wanted to see the game - including I presume the groom-they choose to show the game. You've got to compromise otherwise the big day will be spoilt.

Fri May 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Typical Bridezilla behaviour.. ha ha

Fri May 24, 2019 5:41 pm

WTF is a 'DH'?

Fri May 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Dear Husband..he still has time

Sat May 25, 2019 7:11 pm

JJ1927 wrote:The daughter of friends of mine was due to marry one of Gareth Bales best friends the day of Wales last 16 game in the Euros. Bale was invited but not surprisingly was unable to attend! He actually referred to it at the end of the game. As most of the guests desperately wanted to see the game - including I presume the groom-they choose to show the game. You've got to compromise otherwise the big day will be spoilt.

I know this couple. I missed their wedding as I was in Paris for the game! Groom completely understood.

Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm

hotwings wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:The daughter of friends of mine was due to marry one of Gareth Bales best friends the day of Wales last 16 game in the Euros. Bale was invited but not surprisingly was unable to attend! He actually referred to it at the end of the game. As most of the guests desperately wanted to see the game - including I presume the groom-they choose to show the game. You've got to compromise otherwise the big day will be spoilt.

I know this couple. I missed their wedding as I was in Paris for the game! Groom completely understood.

And I am sure the bride did as well. I was in a similar position to you many , many years ago when City had a vital promotion game away at Palace. I chose to go to the wedding but as I was best man I don't think I would have been forgiven if I chosen otherwise! City won 1-0 as well. Adrian Alston. I still remind them of the sacrifice I made.

Sun May 26, 2019 5:52 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
hotwings wrote:

And I am sure the bride did as well. I was in a similar position to you many , many years ago when City had a vital promotion game away at Palace. I chose to go to the wedding but as I was best man I don't think I would have been forgiven if I chosen otherwise! City won 1-0 as well. Adrian Alston. I still remind them of the sacrifice I made.

Yes should have specified they both did. Think the only 2 given permission to be absent were me and Bale!

Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Mikey27 wrote:Saw this and found it quite funny! A couple have their wedding day on the same day as the champions league final and have told guests that they will not show the game and for them not to leave or watch the game on their phones. Caused quite a stir on mums net which I found funny. Just have a little read;

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being ... ssages=100

I messed the QPR game @ The Millennium because of my son’s christening, due to family coming from Spain, I couldn’t re-arrange so spent 90 minutes in the car listening to the match and my wife completely understood.

A few years before I was at a a wedding in Anglesey the same night Steve Robinson got stuffed by Naseem Hamed and the bride was in tears because about 40 of us (including the Groom and Best man) were watching the fight in the bridal suite at the same time as the first dance...

You have to have some reality when it comes to your guests, clearly the mumsnet majority don’t get it,..