Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This elderly gentleman served in the British armed forces fo

Thu May 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Its getting out of hand now / people should be charged / The UK is turning a blind out to what is really happening.

This elderly gentleman served in the British armed forces for 22 years.

Today he was manning a Brexit Party polling station when he was attacked & had milkshake thrown all over him.
All because he wants the result of a democratic referendum to be honoured.

Worse than Disgusting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: This elderly gentleman served in the British armed force

Thu May 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Disgusting behaviour again. Supposed to be a democracy where arguments are debated and settled at the ballot box. Very sad where you have to use tactics like this just because you feel that you are likely to be on the losing side of a democratic vote. Unfortunately, this looks like the way forward. Future elections will be re-run until the "correct" result is achieved, and if you don't share another person's point of view, prepare to be assaulted.

Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Disgusting behaviour again. Supposed to be a democracy where arguments are debated and settled at the ballot box. Very sad where you have to use tactics like this just because you feel that you are likely to be on the losing side of a democratic vote. Unfortunately, this looks like the way forward. Future elections will be re-run until the "correct" result is achieved, and if you don't share another person's point of view, prepare to be assaulted.

It’s becoming beyond, but the Government/ Police are turning a blind eye when it suits them

Thu May 23, 2019 3:53 pm

The tolerant left showing their true colours again....they don't believe in democracy and don't believe in free speech.

Just wish somebody had been there who would happily give the milkshake throwing tw@t a slap i mean forget politics just how cowardly an act is it to carry out against a pensioner.

Thu May 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Sadly, this is the world we have all helped create...

Ignorance, insolence and disrespect are king! :oops:

Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:The tolerant left showing their true colours again....they don't believe in democracy and don't believe in free speech.

Just wish somebody had been there who would happily give the milkshake throwing tw@t a slap i mean forget politics just how cowardly an act is it to carry out against a pensioner.

no doubt youll soon have someone on here complaining that you advocate violence..
but yes some of these cowards need a slap..

Thu May 23, 2019 5:50 pm

"I again just curled up laughing, I didn't mind because it was my favourite flavour.

Appalling but what a legend with his response.

Thu May 23, 2019 6:01 pm

This isn’t about politics if you do that too any OAP you deserve a kicking f*cking shithouse scum bag.

Made my blood boil.

Thu May 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:This isn’t about politics if you do that too any OAP you deserve a kicking f*cking shithouse scum bag.

Made my blood boil.

they should be able to catch the arsewipe that did this. he bought the milkshake from a co- op not far from where the old fella was so they should have him on CCTV ?

Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:This isn’t about politics if you do that too any OAP you deserve a kicking f*cking shithouse scum bag.

Made my blood boil.

they should be able to catch the arsewipe that did this. he bought the milkshake from a co- op not far from where the old fella was so they should have him on CCTV ?

If the wanker is caught they will probably claim any cctv evidence infringes their civil rights and claim the old man shouted a pro Farage/Tommy Robinson/Trump statement at him/her.... :bluebird:

Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Saw this on Facebook...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Saw this on Facebook...

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Sadly politics is becoming polarised again,still,glad the old chap is ok.

Fri May 24, 2019 4:44 pm

I agree that it's disgusting
Anyone got a link because I'd like to post it elsewhere

Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Sadly politics is becoming polarised again,still,glad the old chap is ok.

well some people are behaving worse, but not sure about polarised..Brexit crosses party lines and right/left all over the place...

Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm

I do have my doubts about this incident if I'm honest.
If it's true then the attacker should be locked up or fined though.

Fri May 24, 2019 7:32 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:I do have my doubts about this incident if I'm honest.

I've seen some of the conspiracy theories and if the gent has fabricated the incident, I would be extremely disappointed with him. If however he's now having his integrity questioned to suit someone political preferences, I would be f*cking furious. The fact that it appears to be a yogurt and not a milkshake is hardly damning evidence although plenty seem only too willing to believe what they want. The truth will out no doubt come out.

Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm

any particular reason you have doubts ?

Fri May 24, 2019 7:47 pm

epping blue wrote:

I've seen some of the conspiracy theories and if the gent has fabricated the incident, I would be extremely disappointed with him. If however he's now having his integrity questioned to suit someone political preferences, I would be f*cking furious. The fact that it appears to be a yogurt and not a milkshake is hardly damning evidence although plenty seem only too willing to believe what they want. The truth will out no doubt come out.

Same here. Been reported in various newspapers, been condemned by leaders of both remain and leave parties, and being investigated by the police. Be very disappointing if it's a publicity stunt. If someone has heard something concrete, and has serious doubts about all this , fair enough. If someone is questioning this purely because it does not suit their point of view, that would be even more diappointing.

Fri May 24, 2019 7:54 pm

dogfound wrote:

I see Alistair Campbell has doubted the incident on the basis of the lack of photographic evidence of the incident. I mean don't all 81 year old pensioners get followed around by a camera crews like Farage and Robinson. The online evidence claiming it was false seems to be

1. It was a yoghurt and not a milk shake. They've even blown up the photos of the fruit which prove beyond doubt the bloke was lying !

2. He was eating a sandwich from a packed lunch. A packed lunch that must have contained a yoghurt.

All backed up by one bloke who claims he's a retired detective.

Now I hope the bloke hasn't fabricated the incident but that's the evidence he's faked it. Not very compelling in my view. Best we wait a few days.

Fri May 24, 2019 8:01 pm

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I see Alistair Campbell has doubted the incident on the basis of the lack of photographic evidence of the incident. I mean don't all 81 year old pensioners get followed around by a camera crews like Farage and Robinson. The online evidence claiming it was false seems to be

1. It was a yoghurt and not a milk shake. They've even blown up the photos of the fruit which prove beyond doubt the bloke was lying !

2. He was eating a sandwich from a packed lunch. A packed lunch that must have contained a yoghurt.

All backed up by one bloke who claims he's a retired detective.

Now I hope the bloke hasn't fabricated the incident but that's the evidence he's faked it. Not very compelling in my view. Best we wait a few days.

people have been known to seek publicity..hope its not the case here..
the fact its a yoghurt not a milkshake as the old fella claims sort of backs his story ?
if he knew it was yoghurt just say yoghurt surely ?..its not like people would less outraged..

Fri May 24, 2019 9:24 pm

How can you tell the difference between yogurt and milkshake in a photo. Lots of fresh milk shakes are made by chucking fruit and stuff into a blender with milk so they might well have bits of fruit in them.
I don't know whether the bloke was supposed to have tasted it or something - I mean, milkshake , yogurt, smoothie , yop or those complete food sachets they give to invalids..... Does it matter exactly what it was ?