Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's should be an embarrassment to Cardiff City Barnsley hav

Thu May 23, 2019 2:56 pm

It's should be an embarrassment to Cardiff City Barnsley have four players in the latest Welsh squad and we have none. If they can do it we surely should too. It's about time Cardiff City got its act together on the youth front.

Re: It's should be an embarrassment to Cardiff City Barnsley

Thu May 23, 2019 4:56 pm

Well it’s not through lack of investment!!

I think I’m right in saying a couple of the top prospects were poached by the Manchester clubs (Matondo and Poole ?) but the academy hasn’t produced many in the last 10 years.

I hear there are some with talent in the current crop so hopefully they’ve got their act together and we’ll have a few Welsh boys in the first team squad soon.

Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:It's should be an embarrassment to Cardiff City Barnsley have four players in the latest Welsh squad and we have none. If they can do it we surely should too. It's about time Cardiff City got its act together on the youth front.

as a Wales fan im not exactly doing somersaults about us having 4 Barnsley players in the squad at all..

Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Aronn Ramsey - Cardiff Academy
Chris Gunter - Cardiff Academy
Tom Lockyer - Cardiff Academy
Rabbi Matondo - Cardiff Academy

Hope this cheers you up.

Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:It's should be an embarrassment to Cardiff City Barnsley have four players in the latest Welsh squad and we have none. If they can do it we surely should too. It's about time Cardiff City got its act together on the youth front.

How many of those Barnsley players would get into Cardiff's squad at the moment? Not criticising your post by the way, just be interested to know as my knowledge of Barnsley players is just a bit more than zero.

Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Talking your usual nonsense again are you.

Thu May 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Didn't city release Poole and went to utd from Newport