Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘This’d be a cracker of a signing’ – Cardiff City plotting

Fri May 24, 2019 5:58 am

‘This’d be a cracker of a signing’ – Cardiff City plotting deal to sign 17-goal ace: Opinion

By Neil Reece

Friday 24th May 2019

The fall-out from Portsmouth failing to gain promotion to the Championship this season continues with a number of clubs queuing up to sign top-scorer Jamal Lowe, who scored 17 goals in all competitions this season.

Cardiff City have joined Leeds United and Wigan Athletic in the race for the 24-year-old, according to Sky Sports, who only has 12 months left on his current deal and will command a fee of about £2million.

So would Lowe be a good signing for Cardiff?

We discuss……..

Ben Lang

“This is a very good signing, especially for the quoted £2m fee.

“Lowe would fit into this Cardiff side with ease, as Warnock has a preference for pacy wingers who can contribute to his direct style of play.

“He would need to fight for his place, but he would be a fantastic option for Cardiff to have.”

Gary Hutchinson

“This’d be a cracker of a signing.

“Lowe has star quality. He’s got pace, swagger and can finish too.

“He’s one who has come from nothing, playing National League South up until January 2017.

“He would be an excellent capture for any Championship side.”

George Brooks

“Lowe is a very talented footballer and would be a great signing for Cardiff.

“He has been outstanding for Pompey in League One this season and could have what it takes to become a top player in the Championship.

“I’m sure Portsmouth will be reluctant to lose one of their best players, but Lowe may be tempted by a move to Cardiff.

“It will be interesting to see what happens with Lowe in the future.”

Alfie Burns

“For Cardiff you feel it is fairly risk-free plucking a player from League One this summer.

“They’re heading out of the Premier League with their wallets lined, so can take a bit of a punt on Lowe.

“For me, he will be a success in the Championship, but if he isn’t, Cardiff are probably one of those sides that can take the risk.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘This’d be a cracker of a signing’ – Cardiff City plotti

Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 am

Don't we already have pretty much the exact same player in Omar Bogle ?

Pacey striker who scores goals at lower level but may not be able to make the step up, £2 mill is a gamble when it's hard to see where he plays in our squad.

He would not start over Zahore, Reid, Ward or Madine. And out wide he would have massive competition from Mendez, Murphy, Hoilett and Harris .

Not a signing we need imo

Fri May 24, 2019 7:18 am

thomasblue wrote:Don't we already have pretty much the exact same player in Omar Bogle ?

Pacey striker who scores goals at lower level but may not be able to make the step up, £2 mill is a gamble when it's hard to see where he plays in our squad.

He would not start over Zahore, Reid, Ward or Madine. And out wide he would have massive competition from Mendez, Murphy, Hoilett and Harris .

There must be a question mark over whether Murphy and Harris being here next season?

Fri May 24, 2019 7:42 am

Is 2or 3m a risk for someone who has got 5/6 years in him? We get linked to all sorts but very rarely do we buy for one reason or other! No doubt wont sign him and he will go out and prove to be a bargain.....

Fri May 24, 2019 7:47 am

Come on Neil, go get him before someone else does and we regret it.

Fri May 24, 2019 8:00 am

thomasblue wrote:Don't we already have pretty much the exact same player in Omar Bogle ?

Bogle is done with, look how many clubs can't stick him. He is trouble and clearly not liked by Warnock.

Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

There must be a question mark over whether Murphy and Harris being here next season?

I thin Harris may look to move or be invited to find a new cub; although an undoubted talent, his time here has been somewhat disappointing in terms of real end product and he nearly went last time his contract was up for renewal (father making nosiest the time, if I recall correctly)

I think/hope Murphy will stay unless an offer of at least what we paid comes in. He, IMHO, could rip the Championship apart next season

Fri May 24, 2019 8:47 am

why ?

Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am

Sven wrote:

I thin Harris may look to move or be invited to find a new cub; although an undoubted talent, his time here has been somewhat disappointing in terms of real end product and he nearly went last time his contract was up for renewal (father making nosiest the time, if I recall correctly)

I think/hope Murphy will stay unless an offer of at least what we paid comes in. He, IMHO, could rip the Championship apart next season

I've been thinking about the Murphy situation Sven. I think Norwich could back in for what we paid for him?
I'd snap their hands off personally.

Fri May 24, 2019 9:20 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I've been thinking about the Murphy situation Sven. I think Norwich could back in for what we paid for him?

Certainly if we got our money back; but I wouldn't be too disappointed if he stayed :thumbup:

Fri May 24, 2019 9:28 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I like Murphy and he caused enough fullbacks problems in the prem to suggest he would be unplayable in many championship games....given it wasn't every game and he certainly isn't a grit teeth and run through a wall playerbut I do think next season we will have brought in enough elsewhere to cover that..

I don't buy into this 4 blokes in an office who get it wrong far more than they get anything correct chatting about us signing the pompey bloke either....its not even just us they are linking him with..and as for Victor..theyve linked him to spurs, wolves, westham , leicster and everton so far and its still may..talk about covering all options..

Fri May 24, 2019 10:35 am

Bogle is a centre forward, Lowe is a winger. Very different players. :thumbup:

Fri May 24, 2019 1:48 pm

If Kads leaves I think he'd be a solid 4th choice winger with a chance of breaking into the starting 11, seems to have pace and trickery like Zaha has at palace but obviously not as good. With the quality of our current wingers its not a position that we probably have to spend between 7-10m to replace.

Fri May 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Sign him.

He already knows the ayatollah.

Sat May 25, 2019 4:19 pm

maccydee wrote:Sign him.

He already knows the ayatollah.

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap: