Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales away help

Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 am

I've never followed Wales away before (huge regrets for not going to the Euros) but am keen to start now in November v Azerbaijan.

Ive obviously not met an previous criteria - if there is one - for tickets. Is it just a case of going on FAW website to book tickets or would I need memberships etc?

Re: Wales away help

Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I've never followed Wales away before (huge regrets for not going to the Euros) but am keen to start now in November v Azerbaijan.

Ive obviously not met an previous criteria - if there is one - for tickets. Is it just a case of going on FAW website to book tickets or would I need memberships etc?

Everyone starts somewhere. Unlucky on not being present at the Euros. It was every bit and better than people make out.

Getting tickets for Wales games can be very difficult these days. You pretty much needed attendance at 7 or 8 of the last 12 away fixtures to get get tickets for Croatia or Hungary. Slovakia much the same. Bearing in mind 2 of the 12 were in China and 1 in California thats some pretty good going.

Aerbaijan is difficult to predict mainly as the stadium capacity could very from 11k to 67k. Much futher to travel so on the face of it and in any normal situation there would be no issue with getting tickets. However a lot who have been unable to get tickets to date will head there.

If they use the larger stadium then tickets shouldn't be an issue. I think they will as being only 6 months away from being a host city they will want to give it a run out. That's my theory, hopefully not wishful thinking.

You'll need to join the WFA to get tickets. Easy enough and only a tenner. Going to this game will get you an entitlement to buy tickets for he finals if we get there. Whilst its almost impossible to get tickets to away games the overall pool of fans isn't increasing at all. That's about 5,000.

Looks to be cheap city. Getting there seems to vary hugely. I was right on the ball and paid about £ 160 each average for return flights for the 8 of us going. Away travel is all about doing it early.

Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I've never followed Wales away before (huge regrets for not going to the Euros) but am keen to start now in November v Azerbaijan.

I looked a little earlier and our trip is still available for about £ 250 return. Out of Stansted at 23.45 on the Wednesday 13th with Pegasus. 4 hours in Istanbul and then onto Baku with Buta airways arriving 2.30 on the Thursday afternoon. Return Monday same route leave Baku 7.45am arriving in Stansted just after midday with a 2 hour stop.

Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 pm

epping blue wrote:

Everyone starts somewhere. Unlucky on not being present at the Euros. It was every bit and better than people make out.

Getting tickets for Wales games can be very difficult these days. You pretty much needed attendance at 7 or 8 of the last 12 away fixtures to get get tickets for Croatia or Hungary. Slovakia much the same. Bearing in mind 2 of the 12 were in China and 1 in California thats some pretty good going.

Aerbaijan is difficult to predict mainly as the stadium capacity could very from 11k to 67k. Much futher to travel so on the face of it and in any normal situation there would be no issue with getting tickets. However a lot who have been unable to get tickets to date will head there.

If they use the larger stadium then tickets shouldn't be an issue. I think they will as being only 6 months away from being a host city they will want to give it a run out. That's my theory, hopefully not wishful thinking.

You'll need to join the WFA to get tickets. Easy enough and only a tenner. Going to this game will get you an entitlement to buy tickets for he finals if we get there. Whilst its almost impossible to get tickets to away games the overall pool of fans isn't increasing at all. That's about 5,000.

Looks to be cheap city. Getting there seems to vary hugely. I was right on the ball and paid about £ 160 each average for return flights for the 8 of us going. Away travel is all about doing it early.

Thanks for the reply!

It seems as though it's what I thought with ticket criteria but like you said, fans have got to start somewhere.

I'll look at getting the membership as the first step and hope that the larger stadium is the preferred venue!