Match revenue £4m
Commercial £3m

Salaries and wages, reduction £13m

Increased transfer costs -£26m
Loan fees received £1.5m
Other expenses. -£10m
No transfer fees received in this year -£2.4m

2019 Profit/(Loss) before Tax - my estimation £27.1m

Above is the year on year increase or reductions in costs , I’ve assumed all other costs are the same as 2018.

Without knowing Cardiff City’s tax liabilities I haven’t accounted for any changes but this could in fact be a charge rather than a credit.

At the very most in my opinion the overall debt is around £52m not accounting for any further debt to equity conversions.

On this assumption I would expect we would probably need to sell a couple of players.

Re: Cardiff Debt 18/19

Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:17 / 18 Statement of Financial Position

Net debt £71.3M

18/19 assumption

2018 Profit/(Loss) after tax -£36m

Increased turnover
Broadcast £80m
Match revenue £4m
Commercial £3m

Loan fees received £1.5m
Other expenses. -£10m

Above is the year on year increase or reductions in costs , I’ve assumed all other costs are the same as 2018.

Without knowing Cardiff City’s tax liabilities I haven’t accounted for any changes but this could in fact be a charge rather than a credit.

At the very most in my opinion the overall debt is around £52m not accounting for any further debt to equity conversions.

On this assumption I would expect we would probably need to sell a couple of players.

broadcast was 114 not 80 million buddy so massive profit

Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Net debt £71.3M

18/19 assumption

Increased turnover
Broadcast £80m
Match revenue £4m
Commercial £3m

Loan fees received £1.5m
Other expenses. -£10m

turnover of 130-140 million im going for profit of 40-50 million

Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Net debt £71.3M

18/19 assumption

Increased turnover
Broadcast £80m
Match revenue £4m
Commercial £3m

Loan fees received £1.5m
Other expenses. -£10m

It’s £102m, I’m showing comparisons to previous year so an increase of £80m (2018 was £21.4m broadcast)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Net debt £71.3M

18/19 assumption

Increased turnover
Broadcast £80m
Match revenue £4m
Commercial £3m

Loan fees received £1.5m
Other expenses. -£10m

It’s £102m, I’m showing comparisons to previous year so an increase of £80m (2018 was £21.4m broadcast)

i read your post wrong

Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Mr Ducie - I don't think you're far off. Can't imagine salaries will have gone down quite so much though, even with the bonuses falling into last year.

What's behind your Other Expenses being £10m higher?

Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 pm

How would salaries for 18/19 be reduced?

Wages likely to have doubled on promotion along with huge wages for Camarasa Arter on loan and then niasse at 50k a week

Can’t for the life of me understand them dropping £13m

Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 pm

17/18 included roughly 20m of promotion bonuses.

Given 16/17 salary costs were 29m, I reckon we won't have been far off 40m in 18/19.

Sat May 25, 2019 6:35 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:How would salaries for 18/19 be reduced?

Wages likely to have doubled on promotion along with huge wages for Camarasa Arter on loan and then niasse at 50k a week

Looking at 2018, wages and salaries were a whopping 48.4M which include large promotional bonuses ,so I’ve based my figure on the fact that our wages have been quoted by the press.

The increase of 10m in other expenses is just my assumption based on the fact that costs will probably increase just because we are in the Premier League.(better hotels , travel , etc) Perhaps it won’t be as much but it’s a contingency figure.

One thing I probably need to be more generous on is the fact that 2018 broadcast fees of £21.4m included a £16.8m final parachute payment , so you could add another £8m to the £80m in broadcast revenue increases.

The way I look at it , and I may be wrong, the club may have possibly been better off being relegated ((when you think how much they would have to pay out in bonuses, add ons , increased transfer fees , etc as long as we can manage to go back up in the next two years.

*These assumptions do not include the possible £15m transfer to Atlantique Nantes.

Sat May 25, 2019 10:21 am

Mr Ducie wrote:

Looking at 2018, wages and salaries were a whopping 48.4M which include large promotional bonuses ,so I’ve based my figure on the fact that our wages have been quoted by the press.

The increase of 10m in other expenses is just my assumption based on the fact that costs will probably increase just because we are in the Premier League.(better hotels , travel , etc) Perhaps it won’t be as much but it’s a contingency figure.

One thing I probably need to be more generous on is the fact that 2018 broadcast fees of £21.4m included a £16.8m final parachute payment , so you could add another £8m to the £80m in broadcast revenue increases.

The way I look at it , and I may be wrong, the club may have possibly been better off being relegated ((when you think how much they would have to pay out in bonuses, add ons , increased transfer fees , etc as long as we can manage to go back up in the next two years.

*These assumptions do not include the possible £15m transfer to Atlantique Nantes.

You do realise that the 17/18 accounts run until April 18 at that point we hadn’t been promoted so those figures cannot include promotion bonuses....

They will surely reflect in the 18/19 accounts which will also factor in increased wages as most city players have promotion increases in their contracts

Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 am

Have a read of the 17/18 accounts - they do include approx. £20m of promotion bonuses.

There will of course be salary increases hitting 18/19 accounts. I reckon salary costs will therefore be approx £40m for 18/19.

Sat May 25, 2019 5:41 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:

You do realise that the 17/18 accounts run until April 18 at that point we hadn’t been promoted so those figures cannot include promotion bonuses....

They will surely reflect in the 18/19 accounts which will also factor in increased wages as most city players have promotion increases in their contracts

Cardiff City’s Financial year ends in May to coincide with the end of the football season. They are then required to submit them to the HMRC no later than 9 months later.

Sun May 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:

Cardiff City’s Financial year ends in May to coincide with the end of the football season. They are then required to submit them to the HMRC no later than 9 months later.

Apologies my mistake I would still say that 18/19 given promotion wage rises the loan wages that 50m is still roughly what they will be though

Re: ‘ Cardiff City Debt 2018/19 ‘

Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 pm

never much seen the point in working anything out unless you have ALL the accurate figures..

Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

If memory serves, it was 2020 that Tan has promised to make us debt free?

Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 pm

SBF1 wrote:If memory serves, it was 2020 that Tan has promised to make us debt free?

That was originally quote but he as had difficulties in far east money markets regulations slowing up process so wont be surprised if it takes bit longer but as we know he is reducing debt :thumbup: