Fear of English 'Hooligans' as 70,000 Liverpool & Spurs Fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 am

Madrid Bar Owners Voice Fear of English 'Hooligans' as 70,000 Liverpool & Spurs Fans Head for Madrid

Spanish media

Wednesday 29th May 2019

Reports in the Spanish press have cited bars owners in Madrid who are concerned about English 'hooligans' ahead of this weekend's Champions League final between Liverpool and Tottenham.

The final will take place at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano, with an expected 70,000 fans set to travel to the Spanish capital - 20,000 of whom are set to do so without tickets to watch the game inside the stadium.

It has apparently led to bar owners in the city voicing their concerns over potential hooliganism from travelling fans, with Spanish media outlet ​Marca running the story on their front page with the headline 'Fear', while an online story speaks of concern about 'hooligans'.

Concerns centre around the two designated fan zones - the Plaza de Colon for ​Tottenham supporters and the Felipe II for ​Liverpool - with one interviewee fearful that large groups could create a difficult situation.

He said: "We are evaluating whether to close on Saturday and some colleagues in the area have already decided [to close].

"The security of the premises cannot be guaranteed. We already had problems with 50 or 100 Serbs who came to see the basketball."

Meanwhile, the manager of the Hard Rock Cafe near the Plaza de Colon has claimed they are preparing to draft in extra security staff for both the final on Saturday, as well as the days leading up to it.

He added: "If we normally have one person from a private security firm, from Thursday to Sunday we will have eight.

"We are afraid that the same thing that happened in last season's semi-final between Liverpool and Roma. And that is why we have strengthened ourselves."

Fear regarding the potential for unrest has come from the expected 20,000 fans set to travel without tickets, with a hotel manager in the Goya region citing suggesting overcrowding could create tension.

He said: "I think that if some 60,000 or 70,000 fans are going to come, the Felipe II square and the Plaza de Colon are very small."

Despite the concerns in Spain, drinking establishments are preparing for the sharp intake of visitors, with one bar manager adding: "Normally we use two barrels per week, but for Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week we have planned an order of three barrels each day so in total there will be nine."

Saturday's ​Champions League final in Madrid will be the first their since 2010, when Inter beat Bayern Munich 2-0 at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Attachments
D7hjZ9AXoAIzo4W.jpg
D7hjZ9AXoAIzo4W.jpg (185.67 KiB) Viewed 5405 times
process.jpeg
process.jpeg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 5405 times
liverpool-v-barcelona-uefa-champions-league-semi-final-second-leg-5cecf57ebb4832a7e8000008.jpg
liverpool-v-barcelona-uefa-champions-league-semi-final-second-leg-5cecf57ebb4832a7e8000008.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 5405 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fear of English 'Hooligans' as 70,000 Liverpool & Spurs

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Nailed on to be trouble out there I would have thought.

Spurs will have every man and his dog out there for this can see it being a free for all.

Not condoning it before anyone starts just saying it as I see it.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Wed May 29, 2019 1:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:Nailed on to be trouble out there I would have thought.

Spurs will have every man and his dog out there for this can see it being a free for all.

agree,
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 29, 2019 3:47 pm

dogfound wrote:

agree,

And none of it will be liverpool fans fault of course! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed May 29, 2019 4:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

agree,

And none of it will be liverpool fans fault of course! :old:

True!
:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby murphy » Wed May 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Doubt there'll hardly any trouble between the fans. It's a non rivalry, never heard of trouble between them.

The Spanish police on the other hand like throwing their weight around, some of both sets of fans could have at.
murphy

Postby Jock » Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 am

murphy wrote:Doubt there'll hardly any trouble between the fans. It's a non rivalry, never heard of trouble between them.

The Spanish police on the other hand like throwing their weight around, some of both sets of fans could have at.

Trouble will come from the Spanish Police, the Guardia Civil will be chomping at the bit to steam in.
Jock

Postby Blueboys1927 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:25 am

murphy wrote:Doubt there'll hardly any trouble between the fans. It's a non rivalry, never heard of trouble between them.

Plenty trouble in the past between the Yids and Scourers in the past especially at Anfield :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby PhilStant » Thu May 30, 2019 12:31 pm

Fake news, the Yids will be too busy looking in the posh shops and the scousers too busy trying to rob them
PhilStant

Postby murphy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 pm

These are just 2 of many posts from spurs and Liverpool fans in Madrid who said how much they respected each other.

Like I said it's a non rivalry
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-06-15-21-55-13-1.png
Screenshot_2019-06-15-21-55-13-1.png (194.25 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
murphy

Return to General Chat