Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Castle tonight

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Well what a let down, just got back, just a projector (not posititioned right) hanging out of a rusty old white van playing same stuff on a loop, i was thinking it would be much better :roll: but hay it is cardiff city , should be used to it

Gethin, rodney, Nash and all the other jobsworth were there claiming it a sucess :lol:

Re: Castle tonight

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:32 pm

well its somthing diffrent eddie that they aint tried before, but it looks so amuture and crap

loads of drunks going past shouting "yes city" and "belers we love you" but others were "thats poor" and "i kept my boy up for that" :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:41 pm

embaressing or just poor? was gunna take a drive down but i had a feeling :oops:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

BOTH! :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

i dont know what more you expected to be ohnest as this is what they said they were doing.and its nice to actually see the city advertising somthing actually in the city centre.i thought it looked good and well done cardiff city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:i dont know what more you expected to be ohnest as this is what they said they were doing.and its nice to actually see the city advertising somthing actually in the city centre.i thought it looked good and well done cardiff city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed but is was made out to be some what of a spectacle. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 pm

exactly!

if they hadn't have said anything and people came on here or said to another "did you see the cardiff stuff on the castle last night" but no, it was made out to be somthing exciting

think ill ask for fuel costs back from the club :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Ben wrote:exactly!

if they hadn't have said anything and people came on here or said to another "did you see the cardiff stuff on the castle last night" but no, it was made out to be somthing exciting

think ill ask for fuel costs back from the club :lol:

:lol: Shame tho thought this was the area they were building on, probably alot of let down nippers by the sounds of it :cry:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:52 pm

thing is, its the same old div 3 staff, been at the club for years, havn't got a clue, the ones we complain about year after year about not having a clue how to reach out to the south wales public

we need them out! they were all there tonight, like as if they just built the hoover f*cking dam :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 pm

i suppose they could have let a few fireworks off.but hey we couldnt afford toilet roll a month ago now look at us signing players of this calibre. now i must say this has made me even more up for tomo if thats possible!! onwards and upwards boys!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:i dont know what more you expected to be ohnest as this is what they said they were doing.and its nice to actually see the city advertising somthing actually in the city centre.i thought it looked good and well done cardiff city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would love to see a City shop in the centre of town somewhere.
Regular adverts in the Echo promoting it and of course selling tickets.
It would raise the profile of the club big time.
I know we had the Joma one near the station but that was obviously out of the clubs control.
The club could do no worse than to salary (handsomely) Billy Badge and sell the clubs merchandise. :D :D :D :D :D :D
The club could make a fortune. ;)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

also the thing was, as soon as you arrived to see this magnifcent show , did you feel like you wanted to go after 1 min? or didn't know what to say or do?? wether to go or not?

thats what everyone looked like lol

PISS POOR NEXT

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

Would love to see a City shop in the centre of town somewhere.
Regular adverts in the Echo promoting it and of course selling tickets.
It would raise the profile of the club big time.
I know we had the Joma one near the station but that was obviously out of the clubs control.
The club could do no worse than to salary (handsomely) Billy Badge and sell the clubs merchandise. :D :D :D :D :D :D
The club could make a fortune. ;)

i agree plus there's loads to be done, but they all got the IQ of a brussel sprout down there and would never think of anything!

SHIP OUT ALL THE DEAD WOOD, get people in who want to work and promote the club

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:59 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:i suppose they could have let a few fireworks off.but hey we couldnt afford toilet roll a month ago now look at us signing players of this calibre. now i must say this has made me even more up for tomo if thats possible!! onwards and upwards boys!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Two brilliant posts Daf my friend :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Ben wrote:thing is, its the same old div 3 staff, been at the club for years, havn't got a clue, the ones we complain about year after year about not having a clue how to reach out to the south wales public

we need them out! they were all there tonight, like as if they just built the hoover f*cking dam :lol: :lol:

Its bigger than any eggby signing, makes u sick! but atleast they did "something" :roll:

C'mon marketing weve hit world-wide headlines show the club the respect it deserves by making us a "BIG-CLUB" Only when were marketed properly will we be a "BIG CLUB" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

should have waited till it got dark!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 pm

they got that big electronic advertising board in the centre of st marys street!!! If they advertised there that what be a great spot to bring in new supporters & let the public know whats going on!!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:should have waited till it got dark!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Or borrowed Mrs Niniansheeps's curtains to let in the dark. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:should have waited till it got dark!! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Or borrowed Mrs Niniansheeps's curtains to let in the dark. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote

this looks a lot better imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 pm

brewer918 wrote:they got that big electronic advertising board in the centre of st marys street!!! If they advertised there that what be a great spot to bring in new supporters & let the public know whats going on!!

Of course they do! Why the efforts should be doubled....tripled. To make sure a fiasco doesnt happen! I think thats the point people are making, how many time's have we signed a world class player? C'MON they should be pulling out all the stops. "No expense spared" Etc! Were the talk of the world cash in, before the novelty wear's off.

We are NOT Man City!!!!

No we are CARDIFF CITY. Marketing should be top priority IMO.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 pm

It would have looked incredible if they had the budget to do this on the castle walls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XKmU5hF5s

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

Or borrowed Mrs Niniansheeps's curtains to let in the dark. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That too :lol: Quick shut the curtains, your letting the dark in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh like f**k, couldnt help post it :lol:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:36 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:
brewer918 wrote:they got that big electronic advertising board in the centre of st marys street!!! If they advertised there that what be a great spot to bring in new supporters & let the public know whats going on!!

Of course they do! Why the efforts should be doubled....tripled. To make sure a fiasco doesnt happen! I think thats the point people are making, how many time's have we signed a world class player? C'MON they should be pulling out all the stops. "No expense spared" Etc! Were the talk of the world cash in, before the novelty wear's off.

We are NOT Man City!!!!

No we are CARDIFF CITY. Marketing should be top priority IMO.

shirt sales have rocketed more season tickets have been sold theres a near enough sell out for a game that would normally be lucky to hit the 20k mark!!so i really dont know how you can argue against this.there is one problem the players need to put in a performance and get a win to keep the ball rolling!!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 pm

bloo wrote:It would have looked incredible if they had the budget to do this on the castle walls:

That is awesome

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
bloo wrote:It would have looked incredible if they had the budget to do this on the castle walls:

That is awesome

Have to agree that is pretty impressive!! thats what you call a promotional masterclass!!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:09 pm

seen a few shots of it in the dark. looks a lot better.... :ayatollah:

I just imagined that the whole of the front of the castle would have been draped in City.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 pm

brewer918 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

That is awesome

Have to agree that is pretty impressive!! thats what you call a promotional masterclass!!

dont disagree at all. im talking about the bigger picture, hence not 24 hrs later...I.e the long-term.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Ben wrote:Image

Ben you must have been standing next to me and I never spotted you :lol:

I was right next to that guy in the white base ball cap for about 15 mins!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:06 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/s ... 4769198368 /show

looks f'in good to me