Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Right Wing, Left Wing, Racist Nazi, Tree hugger blah blah does my head in.

Im not overly political, I believe in treating people with respect, treating others as you would expect to be treated blah blah blah, I was brought up in the Valleys by working class parents.

I don't think we should close our borders and not let anybody in but then I don't think we can let everyone in either as you have to draw a line.

We should help people when we can but then every other country should take their fair share also.

I don't believe in taxing the rich more to give to the poor as I believe people who work hard should reap their rewards, when I say poor I mean those not trying I suppose not those who are in hardship through no fault of their own.

I think chucking a milkshake over someone because they have a different viewpoint to you is cowardly and I know for a fact not everyone who voted for brexit is an uneducated racist as my Mum voted for it and you couldn't find a nicer woman.

I guess I'm centre ground and I reckon most of the country are so who's my party these days? Or is there one?
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Personally been thinking about this myself lately as it seems everyone loves a label these days.

I've narrowed it down to me being just right of centre.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:11 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Personally been thinking about this myself lately as it seems everyone loves a label these days.

I've narrowed it down to me being just right of centre.


Think I'm probably the same mate, what does my head in is that those on either of the other sides scream so loud the majority get forgotten, both think they are right and have zero respect for everyone else they can't even see it that's how warped its all become.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Personally been thinking about this myself lately as it seems everyone loves a label these days.

I've narrowed it down to me being just right of centre.


Think I'm probably the same mate, what does my head in is that those on either of the other sides scream so loud the majority get forgotten, both think they are right and have zero respect for everyone else they can't even see it that's how warped its all become.


Yep it's come down to:

Anyone slightly right - Nazi

Anyone slightly left - the unwashed.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Don't vote. There really is no point anymore.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby welshrarebit » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:13 pm

I'll be criticised for this but traditionally you would have been conservative. But not THIS conservative.

The problem we have in this country is many of us are centre right in our politics. The problem is we only have the conservative party who really occupy that ground.

All of the other parties are left of centre, even the lib Dems who purport to be centre. They are mostly centre but left leaning fiscally.

The conservative party are crap but who else do we have to vote for?!

It's a major problem with first past the post.

I'd consider myself centre right with similar attitudes as you. Perhaps libertarian. But they don't have any candidates near me and ukip pretend to be but really aren't

We need a massive overhaul to give those of us that would never vote for socialist parties someone to vote for.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I'll be criticised for this but traditionally you would have been conservative. But not THIS conservative.

The problem we have in this country is many of us are centre right in our politics. The problem is we only have the conservative party who really occupy that ground.

All of the other parties are left of centre, even the lib Dems who purport to be centre. They are mostly centre but left leaning fiscally.

The conservative party are crap but who else do we have to vote for?!

It's a major problem with first past the post.

I'd consider myself centre right with similar attitudes as you. Perhaps libertarian. But they don't have any candidates near me and ukip pretend to be but really aren't

We need a massive overhaul to give those of us that would never vote for socialist parties someone to vote for.



No criticism from me mate, I appreciate you're views, I come from a Labour voting backround but I'd never vote for them and my family that did (that are still alive) are slowly turning. My Dad was Labour but I don't think he would have voted for a Corbyn led government, the problem is, the guys round by me that are Labour are still pretty tidy blokes who have the community in their hearts so it's a tough one.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby welshrarebit » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm

I understand their leaning towards labour and away from the conservative party. It's understandable based on past history. Personally I don't see them as the same parties now. Although the conservative party are just rubbish in a different way now!

I stay away from criticism of Corbyn on his leanings for hamas or the IRA. People can make their own minds up on that. My issue lies squarely with the Marxist views. He is open about them. I don't think they are up for debate. I don't think it's a bad thing to work hard and earn more money for doing so. There are obviously issues in the country i just don't think effectively stealing money because a politician thinks you don't need much is the way to do it. It snacks of jealousy and envy after a reasonable point and is counter productive. The laffer curve shows things well in my opinion.
I would rather be left to do my thing after making my fair contributions. I dislike authoritarian positions which is what I think the far left is.
This garden tax reported in the press worries me greatly. Also it's all very well saying Tennant's in rental properties won't pay it. But just who do they think supplies the money to the landlord?? It has to come from somewhere. It's going to mean higher rents. Money doesn't magic out of thin air sadly.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:27 am

It's true....if your centric or just centreright who do you vote for?
I'm from a huge working class family, the local labour club was our second home....my father was staunch labour.
He would never vote to put Corbyn into power but look at the options, all crap.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby dogfound » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:It's true....if your centric or just centreright who do you vote for?
I'm from a huge working class family, the local labour club was our second home....my father was staunch labour.
He would never vote to put Corbyn into power but look at the options, all crap.



im from a labour background to...
always found it very strange how many of my friends, family, work mates have very similar ideas to mine which are often opposite to the labour party...yet they still vote labour..

in particular I really do not like begrudging others getting on..and most people I speak to will say fair play to so and so he hasn't half done well for himself. accepting / admiring his efforts with no jealousy..yet would vote for a party that wants to rob the bloke for his efforts...?????? its not him they want robbed, its the imaginary ones they do not know that didn't work hard..
dogfound
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Those imaginary super rich that live on everyone's street!

If we had that many super rich I doubt we would be relying on Malaysians,Saudis, Americans Chinese and any other non British person to bankroll top football clubs in the UK.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:33 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Those imaginary super rich that live on everyone's street!

If we had that many super rich I doubt we would be relying on Malaysians,Saudis, Americans Chinese and any other non British person to bankroll top football clubs in the UK.





We have two multi billionaires from Cardiff but have no interest in football so why invest in us?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 17366
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:35 pm

People are quick to criticise Tony Blair. They remember the bad stuff but seem to forget that he did a lot of good for the UK.

The bottom line is that if we had someone like him, or Thatcher who I hate, then we wouldn't be in this mess - we would already be out. I say this as a remain voter but want to respect the result.

Sadly there are no politicians anywhere near that level of competence - in any party.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 12359
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 pm

The answer to that question depends on who you ask. Ask someone on the progressive left you are far right. Ask anyone else and as has been said above your a centrist.

If you can get past the stigma then the party that most likely represent(ed) your interests would at least until the EU elections have been UKIP whose manifesto was despite all the loud screeching of leftists claiming they were far or even extreme right, pretty much a dictionary definition of centre right politics.

Not sure what the future holds for them now though with another leadership change - the Brexit party will never hold together beyond its sole purpose either.

Our politicians have to a man failed us and it feels there is nothing representing the regular, normal centrist voters anymore.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby Lengee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Wow I am glad that I read this OT post.
I didn't realise that so many in here are fairly middle of the road like me i.e. Tend to think that voting for softer "centre" type politics and policies is the best bet. I am very surprised by one or two, I have to confess, but....
Welcome to my politics!
I can't answer your questions however maybe answering the "what am I" part may help you identifying who to vote for. With this in mind I hope the attached helps.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/1277836/Wha ... u-ACCURATE
:thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:41 pm

None of the above !!

Country seriously needs a Brewsters million’s moment at the next GE

the problem with current politicians is that none of them are in touch with the people the vote in 2016 for the thing I shall not mention as I’m sick of it showed that, highest voting turnout in history and that result still hasn’t been honoured 3 years later quite frankly why would anyone vote for any party right now when the conservatives have failed to deliver it labour don’t want to deliver it the Lib Dem’s want another referendum just to clarify it .... it’s f*cking madness that not one of them wants to step up and say you know what people may have changed their minds but the vote is done let’s just f*cking get on with it


As I said I’m sick of it and any independent in my area will get my vote even if they only care about raccoons or some other crazy shit cos the big 3 don’t support what I do or follow through on their manifesto anyway failing that someone set up none of the above and you will get my vote instead of the monster raving lunatic running on their own :)

And I cannot vote for farage and won’t vote for him but I tell you what if labour or cons don’t pull their act together fast you will see farage as next PM, mark my words on that their will be some turnout for his party should we not get Brexit sorted soon!
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 am

Just ignore the whole notion. Politicians are put in place to give us the illusion of choice. It's a waste of time and energy.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8562
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 am

I can remember politics from the mid 1970's and it generally goes like this - Labour are in power - they tax too much, spend too much, waste too much and want to give everyone pay rises that they cant afford - the result is the economy is screwed.

Then the Conservatives get in and try and fix the mess by taxinging less, spending less, trying to keep a lid on things - it's usually successful - but people get p1ssed off and when they have the chance they vote Labour back in. That is roughly the long and short of - not ignoring an illegal war and selling all the gold we had at a stupidly low price.

This rinse and repeat politics has been going on ever since. If you are earning £1000 a month and spending £1500 - then you're in DEFICIT and each month your are £500 more in DEBT than you were the month before. In my mind - this always needs to be addressed - but takes years to slowly balance it (that has been the last 10 years I think).

Add in a new dynamic of Brexit and the left / right swing is totally out of sync. You have Labour and Tory voters split down the brexit line. You are a conservative brexit supporter - then a vote for the brexit party - will now help Corbyn get in No 10 - and if you are a Labour remain supporter - then voting Lib Dem will probably mean Labour wont in in your constituency.

Which is why both Labour and Conservative need to 100% get their Brexit policy in order. Leave with Deal, Leave with No Deal or revoke Article 50 and remain.

I think I would have another referendum - but make it a proportional representative one. So you get 3 options and you vote No Deal, Deal on Table or Revoke article 50. You vote for your 1st and 2nd preferences, count the votes, ditch the 3rd place decision and recount those 3rd place votes and add their second option to the first count. That way you please more of the people.
ReesWestonSuperMare
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby T1JMO » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:22 pm

"I don't believe in taxing the rich more to give to the poor"

My friend you are more Conservative than Labour put it that way.
User avatar
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby RV Casual » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:33 pm

T1JMO wrote:"I don't believe in taxing the rich more to give to the poor"

My friend you are more Conservative than Labour put it that way.



Possibly am yeah but it's a bit naughty only taking that part out of the paragraph and ignoring the whole context of how I said it.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I can remember politics from the mid 1970's and it generally goes like this - Labour are in power - they tax too much, spend too much, waste too much and want to give everyone pay rises that they cant afford - the result is the economy is screwed.

Then the Conservatives get in and try and fix the mess by taxinging less, spending less, trying to keep a lid on things - it's usually successful - but people get p1ssed off and when they have the chance they vote Labour back in. That is roughly the long and short of - not ignoring an illegal war and selling all the gold we had at a stupidly low price.

This rinse and repeat politics has been going on ever since. If you are earning £1000 a month and spending £1500 - then you're in DEFICIT and each month your are £500 more in DEBT than you were the month before. In my mind - this always needs to be addressed - but takes years to slowly balance it (that has been the last 10 years I think).

Add in a new dynamic of Brexit and the left / right swing is totally out of sync. You have Labour and Tory voters split down the brexit line. You are a conservative brexit supporter - then a vote for the brexit party - will now help Corbyn get in No 10 - and if you are a Labour remain supporter - then voting Lib Dem will probably mean Labour wont in in your constituency.

Which is why both Labour and Conservative need to 100% get their Brexit policy in order. Leave with Deal, Leave with No Deal or revoke Article 50 and remain.

I think I would have another referendum - but make it a proportional representative one. So you get 3 options and you vote No Deal, Deal on Table or Revoke article 50. You vote for your 1st and 2nd preferences, count the votes, ditch the 3rd place decision and recount those 3rd place votes and add their second option to the first count. That way you please more of the people.


Are you mental?

You do realise that between 1998 and 2010 labour actually only rose national debt by around 700m with almost 3/4 of that coming from bailing out northern rock and rbs due to the American housing market crash, had they not propped them up then we could have seen a far worse recession than we did since then in 9 years the tories have falsely made claims that they have reduced the debt, no they haven’t it’s actually gone up over 1bn since they took power, they have reduced the yearly deficit ever so slightly by completely destroying the public services through cuts and falsifying unemployment figures with hundreds of thousand of zero hour contracts

They have zero clue how economics works they tried to cut their way out of a recession and as result cut confidence of consumers lowered the amount of people in the country earning the average national wage which resulted in absolutely awful growth between 2010 and 2018 I still don’t think the country has moved on from the 2008 housing crash now

We are in a far worse position now than other economies involved in that crash America for example spent their way through it and had double and triple our growth between 2010 and 2015 we also undefperformed prior to Brecht against nearly all the EU STATES that we usually outperform

And to put it into context 2010 saw more growth here prior to the radical budget cuts that Tories imposed when they took power than 2011 after the cuts, in no economics guru but it’s a well documented fact that creating public sector jobs and encouraging spending with the public is the best way out of recession not the opposite
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I can remember politics from the mid 1970's and it generally goes like this - Labour are in power - they tax too much, spend too much, waste too much and want to give everyone pay rises that they cant afford - the result is the economy is screwed.

Then the Conservatives get in and try and fix the mess by taxinging less, spending less, trying to keep a lid on things - it's usually successful - but people get p1ssed off and when they have the chance they vote Labour back in. That is roughly the long and short of - not ignoring an illegal war and selling all the gold we had at a stupidly low price.

This rinse and repeat politics has been going on ever since. If you are earning £1000 a month and spending £1500 - then you're in DEFICIT and each month your are £500 more in DEBT than you were the month before. In my mind - this always needs to be addressed - but takes years to slowly balance it (that has been the last 10 years I think).

Add in a new dynamic of Brexit and the left / right swing is totally out of sync. You have Labour and Tory voters split down the brexit line. You are a conservative brexit supporter - then a vote for the brexit party - will now help Corbyn get in No 10 - and if you are a Labour remain supporter - then voting Lib Dem will probably mean Labour wont in in your constituency.

Which is why both Labour and Conservative need to 100% get their Brexit policy in order. Leave with Deal, Leave with No Deal or revoke Article 50 and remain.

I think I would have another referendum - but make it a proportional representative one. So you get 3 options and you vote No Deal, Deal on Table or Revoke article 50. You vote for your 1st and 2nd preferences, count the votes, ditch the 3rd place decision and recount those 3rd place votes and add their second option to the first count. That way you please more of the people.


Are you mental?

You do realise that between 1998 and 2010 labour actually only rose national debt by around 700m with almost 3/4 of that coming from bailing out northern rock and rbs due to the American housing market crash, had they not propped them up then we could have seen a far worse recession than we did since then in 9 years the tories have falsely made claims that they have reduced the debt, no they haven’t it’s actually gone up over 1bn since they took power, they have reduced the yearly deficit ever so slightly by completely destroying the public services through cuts and falsifying unemployment figures with hundreds of thousand of zero hour contracts

They have zero clue how economics works they tried to cut their way out of a recession and as result cut confidence of consumers lowered the amount of people in the country earning the average national wage which resulted in absolutely awful growth between 2010 and 2018 I still don’t think the country has moved on from the 2008 housing crash now

We are in a far worse position now than other economies involved in that crash America for example spent their way through it and had double and triple our growth between 2010 and 2015 we also undefperformed prior to Brecht against nearly all the EU STATES that we usually outperform

And to put it into context 2010 saw more growth here prior to the radical budget cuts that Tories imposed when they took power than 2011 after the cuts, in no economics guru but it’s a well documented fact that creating public sector jobs and encouraging spending with the public is the best way out of recession not the opposite



you cant be calling him mental on the strength of something that happened 30 years after the period he posted about...
which btw is pretty damn accurate ,Labour became unelectable and is the reason Thatcher had 4 million years as PM and is also the reason NEW labour under Blair in the period you mention happened..

Cobyns labour has far more in common with 1970s labour which is a shame but never the less the reality.
dogfound
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:47 pm

WHo was it that de regulated the banks after a meeting with Alan Greenspan ? - Gordon Brown and Ed Balls "the light touch on the tilla" of financial services. I think this was just after he sold all the gold for peanuts.

An interesting watch [https://youtu.be/OxYsPfCAvr0


You have to get rid of the deficit before you start looking at the debt - but hey this is just my opinion - based on the last 50 years. Corbyn today is what Labour would have been if Kinnock had not have sorted out Militant Tendency.

As it stands there is no viable opposition to a pretty shambolic Govt
ReesWestonSuperMare
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:WHo was it that de regulated the banks after a meeting with Alan Greenspan ? - Gordon Brown and Ed Balls "the light touch on the tilla" of financial services. I think this was just after he sold all the gold for peanuts.

An interesting watch [https://youtu.be/OxYsPfCAvr0


You have to get rid of the deficit before you start looking at the debt - but hey this is just my opinion - based on the last 50 years. Corbyn today is what Labour would have been if Kinnock had not have sorted out Militant Tendency.

As it stands there is no viable opposition to a pretty shambolic Govt


I can totally agree on no one to vote have said as much above myself

Couldn’t vote for labour or cons and have no respect for Lib Dem’s for not sticking to their biggest pledge when joining with cons to ensure everyone’s personal allowance hit 15k by 2015, they also want a second referendum so they are a big no for me

main stream parties are all a shambles think I will be voting for an independent next time even if they are stark Raving mad cos let’s face it no party sticks to their policies
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html




yes its a study by people who have campaigned for remain and a second vote..study based on what exactly is unclear..probably just studied posts by you and dave..

at least youve stopped me wondering who exactly reads this type article and swallows it...
dogfound
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 pm

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html




yes its a study by people who have campaigned for remain and a second vote..study based on what exactly is unclear..probably just studied posts by you and dave..

at least youve stopped me wondering who exactly reads this type article and swallows it...


If you actually read the article it does tell you about the study and what it's based on. I would like to read the list you appear to have of all the people involved in the study and their voting habits though (I'll assume you don't have one and made that bit up).
At least you've stopped me wondering about the phrase 'turkeys voting for Christmas'
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html




yes its a study by people who have campaigned for remain and a second vote..study based on what exactly is unclear..probably just studied posts by you and dave..

at least youve stopped me wondering who exactly reads this type article and swallows it...


If you actually read the article it does tell you about the study and what it's based on. I would like to read the list you appear to have of all the people involved in the study and their voting habits though (I'll assume you don't have one and made that bit up).
At least you've stopped me wondering about the phrase 'turkeys voting for Christmas'



ive seen the list, read the article, its based on an assumption not on a single fact, or source, or document..
as for voting,,i didnt vote..because i couldnt find enough genuine info , it was all articles like this one that take 10 seconds maybe to come to the conclusion its rubbish..its as bad as the these 2 pricks thread tbh ..
not sure if your THE most gullible person in our country or just a wind up..
dogfound
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html




yes its a study by people who have campaigned for remain and a second vote..study based on what exactly is unclear..probably just studied posts by you and dave..

at least youve stopped me wondering who exactly reads this type article and swallows it...


If you actually read the article it does tell you about the study and what it's based on. I would like to read the list you appear to have of all the people involved in the study and their voting habits though (I'll assume you don't have one and made that bit up).
At least you've stopped me wondering about the phrase 'turkeys voting for Christmas'



ive seen the list, read the article, its based on an assumption not on a single fact, or source, or document..
as for voting,,i didnt vote..because i couldnt find enough genuine info , it was all articles like this one that take 10 seconds maybe to come to the conclusion its rubbish..its as bad as the these 2 pricks thread tbh ..
not sure if your THE most gullible person in our country or just a wind up..

A) Can I have a look at the list then please
B) it's based on the UK losing the EU structural fund, it's a fact that we get money, it's a fact that brexit means we won't get it, it's a fact that the conservatives won't suddenly change policy and give billions of pounds to areas which they've been cancelling funding for for years.
C) Every single plan is based on assumptions, every single thing in the universe has to be based on an assumption.
CCFCJosh75
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Politics - what am I? Who do I vote for?

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Probably best for welshies to either not vote conservative/ vote for a non brexit wanting party (unless you want to make yourself poorer)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 52186.html




yes its a study by people who have campaigned for remain and a second vote..study based on what exactly is unclear..probably just studied posts by you and dave..

at least youve stopped me wondering who exactly reads this type article and swallows it...


If you actually read the article it does tell you about the study and what it's based on. I would like to read the list you appear to have of all the people involved in the study and their voting habits though (I'll assume you don't have one and made that bit up).
At least you've stopped me wondering about the phrase 'turkeys voting for Christmas'



ive seen the list, read the article, its based on an assumption not on a single fact, or source, or document..
as for voting,,i didnt vote..because i couldnt find enough genuine info , it was all articles like this one that take 10 seconds maybe to come to the conclusion its rubbish..its as bad as the these 2 pricks thread tbh ..
not sure if your THE most gullible person in our country or just a wind up..

A) Can I have a look at the list then please
B) it's based on the UK losing the EU structural fund, it's a fact that we get money, it's a fact that brexit means we won't get it, it's a fact that the conservatives won't suddenly change policy and give billions of pounds to areas which they've been cancelling funding for for years.
C) Every single plan is based on assumptions, every single thing in the universe has to be based on an assumption.



you do realise we contribute more to the EU than we receive.? so yes its a FACT we will not be getting a percentage of our own money BACK...because it wont have gone anywhere to start with...
its not a fact that the conservatives wont change policy its an assumption based on nothing .infact they have already said they are setting a fund up which the comic article skipped past ...

anyway josh Bloggs how about thinking a bit about this propaganda before posting it..
i can put links up to for the extremely gullible articles too..but like yours they would be transparent in their bias..so pointless
dogfound
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bakedalasker, Bluebird1990, bluebirdoct1962, Cheshirebluebird, DJS, Google [Bot], Juventus Blue, moonboots, Ray Bishop, Whistler, Yahoo [Bot] and 225 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.