Anyone been to Dubai since October?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Concerned as I’m taking anti inflammatory tablets for arthritis and seem to be reading conflicting reports about what to do re bringing in medication to the USE.
Some websites indicate ALL medication that’s taken needs to be ‘applied for’ online before travelling while others are saying narcotics and controlled drugs only to be done online - all others, just take a doctors prescription.
Travelling there in August and a bit concerned as the www is a minefield of misleading informatio.
bluebirdoct1962

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Anyone been to Dubai since October?

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm

Andrew, I have a couple of former colleagues who work out there and they say not to worry about it :thumbup:

The UAE embassy advice says:

“Individuals may bring medicine into the country for their personal use. Up to three months' supply of a prescription item can be brought into the country by a visitor and 12 months' supply by a resident if they can produce a doctor's letter or a copy of the original prescription.”

Taking a copy of your prescription (as proof) appears to be the thing to do :ayatollah:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Concerned as I’m taking anti inflammatory tablets for arthritis and seem to be reading conflicting reports about what to do re bringing in medication to the USE.
Some websites indicate ALL medication that’s taken needs to be ‘applied for’ online before travelling while others are saying narcotics and controlled drugs only to be done online - all others, just take a doctors prescription.
Travelling there in August and a bit concerned as the www is a minefield of misleading informatio.

Cheers Chris.
I actually found an article the says exactly the same.
Unfortunately the article that I looked at which started the panic was from the Sun!!!!
I’ve also looked at the substances that they seem to be concerned about and mines not on there. Panic over.
Cheers mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby mucker » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 am

People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.
mucker

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:15 am

Just don't go, it's shite.
nubbsy

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 am

nubbsy wrote:Just don't go, it's shite.

Ol I won’t. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:47 am

mucker wrote:People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

:lol:
2blue2handle

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
mucker wrote:People in Dubai don’t watch the Flinstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

:lol:

Only now got that lol
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat