Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘DANIEL jAMES LIKE BOLT AND RONALDO’

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 pm

‘DANIEL jAMES LIKE BOLT AND RONALDO’

11/06/19

Sky Sports:

Hungary manager Marco Rossi has compared Manchester United-bound winger Daniel James to Usain Bolt and former Brazil striker Ronaldo ahead of Tuesday’s European Qualifier with Wales.

"James' speed reminds me of Usain Bolt - to be so fast like him is really incredible," Rossi said at his pre-match press conference.

"In the last years I don't remember one player that gave me this sensation. His acceleration is so peculiar, which is why Manchester United have bought him.

"In the past I played against a very fast player who, for me, was the best after Maradona - Ronaldo.

"He was just not known for speed, but for everything. His acceleration looked like James, though at the moment the skills are a little bit different."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘DANIEL jAMES LIKE BOLT AND RONALDO’

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Yeah,I remember Ronnie Bird was quick too,didn’t stop until he hit the back of the Grange end

Re: ‘DANIEL jAMES LIKE BOLT AND RONALDO’

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Ninianman wrote:Yeah,I remember Ronnie Bird was quick too,didn’t stop until he hit the back of the Grange end

Correct, and that often posed a bit of a problem, particularly when we were attacking the Canton end. ;)