Our newest Bluebirds...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our newest Bluebirds...

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Our newest Bluebirds...

Cardiff City FC

Tuesday 11th June 2019

We recently welcomed sixteen young Bluebirds to Cardiff City Stadium for their official signing day ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.

Cardiff City’s U8 side have had a largely successful 2018/19 season, with many players having been with the club for a few years. As a result of their development over the past season, sixteen players registered with the Club.

The squad is testament to the hard work that has been done behind the scenes from the coaches and players, with the efforts of all playing a huge part in the squad and individual development throughout the season.

Saturday, May 25th marked the end of the 2018/19 season for the squad, with their final game being against Southampton at the Cardiff City Stadium (City’s U7 squad also faced the Saints at CCS). The U8 squad also took part in a signing day, which gave players and their families the opportunity to be introduced to life at the academy, alongside a presentation to recognize the significant efforts by everyone involved this season.

After the signing day, Academy Coach Nathan McConville said: “We are delighted with how our U8 squad have progressed this year and are pleased to have taken a strong squad of 16 players into next season’s U9 squad. The players and their families all enjoyed the official signing day, with the highlight of the day for many of the players being able to play at the stadium.

“They are a very good group and we hope that this was the first of many games at Cardiff City Stadium for them on their journey through the academy.”
Attachments
Large-5.jpeg
Large-5.jpeg (218.25 KiB) Viewed 6284 times
u9_02_201920.jpg
u9_02_201920.jpg (153.49 KiB) Viewed 6286 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Our newest Bluebirds...

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Our newest Bluebirds...

Postby JulesK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 am

Congratulations and good luck to you all. :ayatollah:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 am

Congratulations. Let's hope the next Ramsey or Bale is amongst that lot!! :ayatollah:
jimmy_rat

Postby pengamblue » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

may your dreams come true boys welcome to the BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :bluebird: :clap: :thumbup:
pengamblue

Postby ThomasC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

I sometimes think the modern academies are too professional with no chance to let young people breathe. If kids want a break from it they should be allowed without fearing they will be cast aside. Must be a very competitive environment with unhealthy rivalries between kids and parents running right through it.

Perhaps kids shouldn't be wearing the identikit football tops until the U18's

I don't see how toxic environments produce relaxed technically gifted football players. Young players should be afforded time, patience, the encouragement to try something new, and to be able to skip a few sessions without stigma.
ThomasC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm

ThomasC wrote:I sometimes think the modern academies are too professional with no chance to let young people breathe. If kids want a break from it they should be allowed without fearing they will be cast aside. Must be a very competitive environment with unhealthy rivalries between kids and parents running right through it.

I don't see how toxic environments produce relaxed technically gifted football players. Young players should be afforded time, patience, the encouragement to try something new, and to be able to skip a few sessions without stigma.

Completely agree. The framed named shirts and signing on photographs for kids in primary school are appalling.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I sometimes think the modern academies are too professional with no chance to let young people breathe. If kids want a break from it they should be allowed without fearing they will be cast aside. Must be a very competitive environment with unhealthy rivalries between kids and parents running right through it.

Completely agree. The framed named shirts and signing on photographs for kids in primary school are appalling.

the more I see the picture, the more uneasy I am with the framed shirts. :thumbright: :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:32 am

Do you think the boys in the front row are the ones they have high hopes for whilst the ones in the back row whose names are not on show are not so highly rated?

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:43 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Do you think the boys in the front row are the ones they have high hopes for whilst the ones in the back row whose names are not on show are not so highly rated?

it would be nice for one of boy's parents to use this platform and explain it as it looks bad.
ThomasC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

Therein lies the problem Thomasc. The culture of such environments means the parents themselves will be the very last to pass any negative comment for fear of repurcussions.

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:06 pm

I don’t see the problem with the kids having framed shirts, it’s something nice for them to look back on when they’ve grown up whether they make it or not.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

f**k sake it’s only a framed shirt it’s not like there paying them wages.

Anybody who’s any good from those lot will have there parents bribed and be whisked away to Man City or Chelsea.

An there’s nothing wrong with them wearing the training kit it’s no different then them wearing a school uniform.
Llan_Blue

Postby moz-dublin » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:47 pm

So the future of the club is there before your very eyes and some bellends can only bitch about a framed jersey.
Grow up lads, you are acting younger than the players
moz-dublin

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm

moz-dublin wrote:So the future of the club is there before your very eyes and some bellends can only bitch about a framed jersey.
Grow up lads, you are acting younger than the players

the points made are adult enough....under 8s ffs. with many having been with the club a few years ??. what it doesn't say is the boys that have not been with the club a few years have been drafted in to replace boys that have been cut at 6 or 7 years of age as some of these will be next year.. failures before their teens even..
kids should be allowed to be kids , play with their mates instead of being shunted around the UK sometimes for a few minutes of football. , this is way to young and although parents can say no, very few do as they are aware another chance might not come..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:f**k sake it’s only a framed shirt it’s not like there paying them wages.

Anybody who’s any good from those lot will have there parents bribed and be whisked away to Man City or Chelsea.

An there’s nothing wrong with them wearing the training kit it’s no different then them wearing a school uniform.

don't know about you but I hated wearing school uniform and think the likes of man city stealing little kids is more than just a bit off too..
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

May be it would be better to give them their framed shirt, with the appropriate support, when they are the ones shown the door.

These kids play in a rarified atmosphere and inevitably don't enjoy the reality of real football on poor quality grass pitches when the bubble bursts. They don't play with their mates and are all too often told to give up their other sporting pursuits. At the age of eight its just wrong.

As for saying the kids in the photograph are our future, I hope your right, but the evidence does not show that to being very likely.

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:May be it would be better to give them their framed shirt, with the appropriate support, when they are the ones shown the door.

These kids play in a rarified atmosphere and inevitably don't enjoy the reality of real football on poor quality grass pitches when the bubble bursts. They don't play with their mates and are all too often told to give up their other sporting pursuits. At the age of eight its just wrong.

As for saying the kids in the photograph are our future, I hope your right, but the evidence does not show that to being very likely.

of course its not just our club..but someone somewhere should stop it
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm

I don't have a problem with that tbh, its memories for them whether they make it or not like it was for lads getting Welsh YMCA caps, or representing the district in Rugby.

There always been that 'bit' to it when you step up a level in sport,

I can see it from both sides though.

I got touted around as a decent Rugby player when from their age omwards but I never made the grade but the photos and memories I have like the boys above are nice for me not a bad thing.
RV Casual

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Ymca caps and representative sides are great as they are not at the expense of your club. "Academies", and there are lots of them, take kids away from their clubs and dictate what other sport they play, which usually means none.

There are kids at academies for years who never "make it" and never experience playing in a cup final with their mates. They are happy when they are "signed on again" for another season.

Its good they have a picture as a memory because they are likely not to have too much else to look back on from their fun filled junior days.

And I do wonder what exactly is on a piece of paper being signed by an 8 year old?

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Ymca caps and representative sides are great as they are not at the expense of your club. "Academies", and there are lots of them, take kids away from their clubs and dictate what other sport they play, which usually means none.

There are kids at academies for years who never "make it" and never experience playing in a cup final with their mates. They are happy when they are "signed on again" for another season.

Its good they have a picture as a memory because they are likely not to have too much else to look back on from their fun filled junior days.

And I do wonder what exactly is on a piece of paper being signed by an 8 year old?

Well ultimately its up to the kids and their parents, nobody is forcing them to be there.

If it was my kid he would be asked if he wanted to be there and if he didn't he wouldn't and the second he didn't want to be he'd be out.

Let's not try and play God and make decisions that arnt ours to make and trust that those in that situation make the best decision for their loved ones.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:03 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Ymca caps and representative sides are great as they are not at the expense of your club. "Academies", and there are lots of them, take kids away from their clubs and dictate what other sport they play, which usually means none.

Well ultimately its up to the kids and their parents, nobody is forcing them to be there.

If it was my kid he would be asked if he wanted to be there and if he didn't he wouldn't and the second he didn't want to be he'd be out.

Let's not try and play God and make decisions that arnt ours to make and trust that those in that situation make the best decision for their loved ones.

kids are thrilled to be asked..but they are kids and not really in a position to know the down sides..and there are big downsides.the biggest of course the day you get released and your still a kid..parents ? well they are generally chuffed proud and want to please and do the best { you only have to read this board to know that anyone who knows of a boy at the academy also thinks they might make it so why would a parent not think it } for their child .. and then a few years in the kids are aware of the often massive commitment involved by their parents...so there is pressure there too...

the age clubs take these children has got lower and lower its about 6 now and insane..
dogfound

Return to General Chat