Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Wales perspective?

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Take away people's dislike of Giggs for a moment? Our main rivals have played Azerbaijan and won we've yet to play them (next game) we've played the two hardest teams away and can anyone honestly say we should not have got a point from both games if not for pathetic defending? Whilst not a particular fan of Giggs would any manager do any better with team without Ramsey a very out form bale several best players not 100% fit playing hardest games away? Win against Azerbaijan and we have as good a chance as the others to qualify after all 2nd will do it! This group is most open of all and teams will drop points against each other and we are capable of beating anyone at home so not all is lost despite what people think tonight...

Re: Wales perspective?

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm

I am a little bit worried about our situation not going to lie, we should’ve picked up at least 1 point from the last 2 games, Croatia was actually there for the taking but the same as tonight, we cant create proper chances in the final 3rd, end product is missing. We need a striker massively, giggs trying to play bale/James/Lawrence up top and it just doesn’t work, no one was in the box when they needed to be, set plays were poor, tactics were so wrong. 3 games in with 3 points doesn’t look good but I guess we have played probably our 2 hardest away games although Slovakia won’t be easy, we have to win every home game, it’s as simple as that, lose once at home and we’re done unfortunately because we can’t perform away

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 am

Stop talking sense mate.

If you look at Croatia being nailed on for a place it leaves us Slovakia and Hungary going for second place, our game in hand puts us back in the race, if we beat Azerbaijan home and away, bet Hungary at Home and get a result out in Solvakia and a point at hone against Croatia we have a good chance and the sequence is far from impossible as other teams will drop points. I can see 3 wins and two draws from the five games, even 3 wins, 1 draw, I loss might be enough with others taking point off each other, we will only improve now, time to stay positive

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am

Can't be arsed to edit that, sorry, typing on my phone for you lol

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 am

We will not beat Croatia at home wake up and smell the coffee, Hungary managed to beat them some how, but as we seek Hungary are a better team than us.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

BobbyBlue wrote:We will not beat Croatia at home wake up and smell the coffee, Hungary managed to beat them some how, but as we seek Hungary are a better team than us.

That's it be positive about beating a team at home? Like you said Hungary beat them so why can't we? Was Hungary that much better? They hardly mustered a shot on target until
well into 2nd half yes situation is awkward but for people to give up now is ridiculous, bit like our supporters giving up before a ball was kicked. :o

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 am

RV Casual wrote:Stop talking sense mate.

If you look at Croatia being nailed on for a place it leaves us Slovakia and Hungary going for second place, our game in hand puts us back in the race, if we beat Azerbaijan home and away, bet Hungary at Home and get a result out in Solvakia and a point at hone against Croatia we have a good chance and the sequence is far from impossible as other teams will drop points. I can see 3 wins and two draws from the five games, even 3 wins, 1 draw, I loss might be enough with others taking point off each other, we will only improve now, time to stay positive

Croatia you expect then to be there at end but they wasnt that good against us , Giggs was right missed opportunity other night despite people's view we were crap at end day we could and should gave gained points from both games. Its going to be close but to give up already is daft considering who we've played the two hardest games away! Giggs is not very popular but given the hand he's been dealt with Ramsey bale and players not 100% fit in these difficult games what did people expect 3 wins? :old:

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Croatia you expect then to be there at end but they wasnt that good against us , Giggs was right missed opportunity other night despite people's view we were crap at end day we could and should gave gained points from both games. Its going to be close but to give up already is daft considering who we've played the two hardest games away! Giggs is not very popular but given the hand he's been dealt with Ramsey bale and players not 100% fit in these difficult games what did people expect 3 wins? :old:

I think we expected not to lose to a team that had half our quality in Hungary and until the last 10 mins outplayed by a Croatian team that did not get out of first gear and we could have been 3-0 down if not for a wrongly disallowed goal. The team have no playing idendity, defensively fragile and we make 5-6 changes every game with a bunch of players who should be doing better. He's not better than OGS imo. We look like were playing without a striker half the time :lol: And why did he play James Lawrence again instead of Mepham?

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:55 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think we expected not to lose to a team that had half our quality in Hungary and until the last 10 mins outplayed by a Croatian team that did not get out of first gear and we could have been 3-0 down if not for a wrongly disallowed goal. The team have no playing idendity, defensively fragile and we make 5-6 changes every game with a bunch of players who should be doing better. He's not better than OGS imo. We look like were playing without a striker half the time :lol: And why did he play James Lawrence again instead of Mepham?

I think we EXPECTED to not lose to a team with HALF OUR QUALITY...
that sentence pretty much sums up where all the OTT negativity comes from...
Hungarys home record suggests they are a bit better than half our quality...and they have players who do play regular for their clubs. we started with 2 players that are regulars at Premier league clubs..4 that played regular in the championship last season , 1 not playing at RM, a Chelsea under 23s player..a player with no club and Lawrence...
people need a reality check...spent a lifetime watching better Wales teams than this lose in worse places than Budapest..
hope to get a result yes..expect..waw.
this lot have lots of promise..but the expectation level is insane..

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Hungarys home record suggests they are a bit better than half our quality...and they have players who do play regular for their clubs. we started with 2 players that are regulars at Premier league clubs..4 that played regular in the championship last season , 1 not playing at RM, a Chelsea under 23s player..a player with no club and Lawrence...
people need a reality check...spent a lifetime watching better Wales teams than this lose in worse places than Budapest..

I stand byHalf our quality. Does Hungary have a LB that plays for Spurs? do they have a rising star in CM like Ampadu? Or a former Liverpool player in Joe Allen? Or one of the best youn players in the prem in David Brooks? How about 25m rated Harry Wilson who is wanted by many premier league, Bundesliga and La Liga team? Man Utd player In David Brooks? Or a Real Madrid star in Gareth Bale? We have a team of genuine quality and should be targeting second and getting at least a draw from the likes of Hungary. I also noticed you didn't disagree with the rest of my post though.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I stand byHalf our quality. Does Hungary have a LB that plays for Spurs? do they have a rising star in CM like Ampadu? Or a former Liverpool player in Joe Allen? Or one of the best youn players in the prem in David Brooks? How about 25m rated Harry Wilson who is wanted by many premier league, Bundesliga and La Liga team? Man Utd player In David Brooks? Or a Real Madrid star in Gareth Bale? We have a team of genuine quality and should be targeting second and getting at least a draw from the likes of Hungary. I also noticed you didn't disagree with the rest of my post though.

Yet they beat Croatia? It's not who you play for it's the quality of player and way team plays that counts and we were lacking in Ramsey bale out form and several players unfit! Do you honestly think we were favourite to beat both sides away from home that was unrealistic but in truth we should have got points in both games except for stupid mistakes we would have, We have team of potential not the finished stars you portray with couple exceptions and that's Giggs problem he as very little time to get team playing cohesive football! How people can say we are out when in reality beat Azerbaijan and same points as 2 other teams with this group every team can beat others home or away with Azerbaijan being the must win games.what if we had these teams at home and won? It would still mean we have to get points away to them? People are going ott because they dislike Giggs and are not looking at bigger picture of this extremely competitive group..

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yet they beat Croatia? It's not who you play for it's the quality of player and way team plays that counts and we were lacking in Ramsey bale out form and several players unfit! Do you honestly think we were favourite to beat both sides away from home that was unrealistic but in truth we should have got points in both games except for stupid mistakes we would have, We have team of potential not the finished stars you portray with couple exceptions and that's Giggs problem he as very little time to get team playing cohesive football! How people can say we are out when in reality beat Azerbaijan and same points as 2 other teams with this group every team can beat others home or away with Azerbaijan being the must win games.what if we had these teams at home and won? It would still mean we have to get points away to them? People are going ott because they dislike Giggs and are not looking at bigger picture of this extremely competitive group..

I think some fans have got themselves a bit carried away because of our once in a generation success at the last Euros. Wales have always had a few very good players, but have rarely had quality throughout the team. I think our current side has some promise, but we still lack quality in certain areas. I would'nt even assume that Azerbaijan are a guaranteed 6 points. Personally, I don't see us getting out of this group as in my opinion we are have already left ourselves too much to do. As Giggs has said, we may already have to win nearly all remaining games to stand a chance, and I can see us dropping more points before this campaign has ended.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

of course your going to stand by it but ita a bunch of maybes...maybe harry Wilson will fetch 25 mil..maybe ethan ampadu will one day be a top 4 player..maybe brookes will one day play for a top top half prem team maybe dan james will work out and maybe bale will re discover form...at the moment its nowhere near what people are making out.and I don't know if Hungary have some kid in someones academy who is tipped to be fantastic...id have picked mepham if fully fit too but do not know the whole story there as is often the case with Cardiff games pple knock first ask questions later..

gigs?... too early to tell...last night was better than Saturday ..

I only addressed the first line because I find it so over the top to just expect results on the strength of nothing..

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think some fans have got themselves a bit carried away because of our once in a generation success at the last Euros. Wales have always had a few very good players, but have rarely had quality throughout the team. I think our current side has some promise, but we still lack quality in certain areas. I would'nt even assume that Azerbaijan are a guaranteed 6 points. Personally, I don't see us getting out of this group as in my opinion we are have already left ourselves too much to do. As Giggs has said, we may already have to win nearly all remaining games to stand a chance, and I can see us dropping more points before this campaign has ended.

No cannot assume anything but as all 3 teams above us have played them and won so if you go on the assumption we will then it makes the group interesting, all the experts say this is the most competitive group and I don't go with needing to win all our games as the other teams will lose or draw several games no doubt.... we have made it more difficult but it was always going to be that given the age and experience of both team and Giggs in international football? Still lots to play for and fat lady hasn't even opened her mouth yet so nowhere near all over. :old:

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Neither Croatia or Hungary looked world beaters. Yet when they upped the pressure we/Giggs had no answer.

Micheal o Neil certainly would NOT have lost both games. Giggs is out of his depth and not streetwise enough.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Neither Croatia or Hungary looked world beaters. Yet when they upped the pressure we/Giggs had no answer.

Micheal o Neil certainly would NOT have lost both games. Giggs is out of his depth and not streetwise enough.

They did not up the pressure in either game yes at times were better than us but 2nd half in both games we took game to them and should have got points from both games if not for silly errors! You say not world beaters but people here saying we got no chance to qualify even though we are at home against them? :o
Post a reply