CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:41 am

RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 112946
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sad to see that once again so called fans do not renew

Ninian Upper closed at least to start next season.


Anyone who bought will have to move to another part of the ground due to not enough season tickets sold for next season.


It was obvious as soon as we got relegated the top tier wouldn't be needed, not sure why it's taken the club so long.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 29478
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:


It is sad, but we've always had fickle support. We're not unique in this, lots of other Clubs are the same. I have renewed, but that was because I had a nice win on the football the week before the cheapies deadline closed. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise because there's no real need to buy one in The Championship, tickets will be easily available on a match to match basis, I'd still have gone to about 3/4 of the games though.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am

I'll be honest I haven't renewed and had no intention of renewing although nothing to do with relegation or staying up. If anything championship makes it more appealing with more games.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 29478
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:


It is sad, but we've always had fickle support. We're not unique in this, lots of other Clubs are the same. I have renewed, but that was because I had a nice win on the football the week before the cheapies deadline closed. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise because there's no real need to buy one in The Championship, tickets will be easily available on a match to match basis, I'd still have gone to about 3/4 of the games though.


The difference with us than the majority of clubs is we actually could of pulled in crowds of 40,000 plus last season, most clubs could never do that, but we also can lose our fan base as quick as well.

Yes I agree no need to panick about match tickets next season.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 112946
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am

I don't think our support has changed much over the years. We have always pulled in between 15k and 25K in the second tier, depending on where we are in the table. We may have lost 10k or so off the gate compared to last season, but that is not 10k Cardiff fans, it is the thousands who just want to see a PL match, as well as many who are just going to watch some of the big names playing for the opposition. I well remember when Toshack & Clarke were setting this division alight, and for a while we threatened to get back to the top. Even then, our gates were anywhere from 18k to 25k, nothing much has changed.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Mr Ducie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't think our support has changed much over the years. We have always pulled in between 15k and 25K in the second tier, depending on where we are in the table. We may have lost 10k or so off the gate compared to last season, but that is not 10k Cardiff fans, it is the thousands who just want to see a PL match, as well as many who are just going to watch some of the big names playing for the opposition. I well remember when Toshack & Clarke were setting this division alight, and for a while we threatened to get back to the top. Even then, our gates were anywhere from 18k to 25k, nothing much has changed.


I disagree really.You have to remember that from the time of Toshack and Brian Clarke, the city’s population has increased by 100,000 and the surrounding areas are also expanding rapidly.

With this in mind I sincerely hope that our season ticket sales reflect the area the club serves, so I hope we can exceed 18,000 and average 22/24,000 this year.
Mr Ducie
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...
dogfound
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby 4281 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

I saw my first City game in 1950 and have been a supporter ever since. Last season my son and I moved from section 203 to the Ninian Stand where we had front row seats on the centre line in section 514. They were superb seats and so we renewed them immediately when the chance came in March/April. Obviously, we have now heard that that section of the stand will not be used next season, and so we have been told that we can move to section 412. We have accepted this offer but no mention of any cash refund was mentioned - time will tell! We shall, of course, not be on the centre line, but hopefully, our seats will be ok.
4281
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I don't think our support has changed much over the years. We have always pulled in between 15k and 25K in the second tier, depending on where we are in the table. We may have lost 10k or so off the gate compared to last season, but that is not 10k Cardiff fans, it is the thousands who just want to see a PL match, as well as many who are just going to watch some of the big names playing for the opposition. I well remember when Toshack & Clarke were setting this division alight, and for a while we threatened to get back to the top. Even then, our gates were anywhere from 18k to 25k, nothing much has changed.


I disagree really.You have to remember that from the time of Toshack and Brian Clarke, the city’s population has increased by 100,000 and the surrounding areas are also expanding rapidly.

With this in mind I sincerely hope that our season ticket sales reflect the area the club serves, so I hope we can exceed 18,000 and average 22/24,000 this year.


You would hope we can exceed those figures, but the season before last when we were runners up to Wolves saw us average a fraction over 20k. I think a lot will depend on a serious promotion push. If we end up treading water in mid table, I think we may struggle to get close to 20k.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



I don't get these superfan threads either...yeah its the 15/20k that really really care that are left :lol: :lol:
the real mystery is how we used to get less than 3k with so many hardcore around..
I want the place full and rocking too...and don't honestly think there were thousands of STs sold to people who have no feeling towards our club..
dogfound
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Cardiffcity25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 am

bluebird58 wrote:Suits me fine. Easier to park. Shorter queues to get my hot chocolate. Less people in the gents.

And a crowd made up of people who really SUPPORT the team and WANT to be there! :bluescarf:
Cardiffcity25
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...



Ok we will see what the average is this season to last season and see if 10,000 disappears, I can tell you now they will have.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 112946
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...



Ok we will see what the average is this season to last season and see if 10,000 disappears, I can tell you now they will have.


I think that's a cert. We averaged over 31k last season. The only way we are going to average over 21k is if we are in the promotion battle throughout the season.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...



Ok we will see what the average is this season to last season and see if 10,000 disappears, I can tell you now they will have.



people going less frequently doesn't mean we have lost them. of course our attendances will be down its how football works and isn't what I said..if bill and ted normally go to 10 games a season each it counts as a total of 20...if they both bought STs last season to ensure they goit to see games they were able to attend it then counted as 38 even if they still only watched 10 each..i know a few pple that bought for this reason as it still only worked out at 30 quid a game and you were guaranteed a seat ...you only had to look around the ground to see that they were not the only ones as the screen kept saying 30k plus but there were empty seats everywhere..
dogfound
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...



Ok we will see what the average is this season to last season and see if 10,000 disappears, I can tell you now they will have.



people going less frequently doesn't mean we have lost them. of course our attendances will be down its how football works and isn't what I said..if bill and ted normally go to 10 games a season each it counts as a total of 20...if they both bought STs last season to ensure they goit to see games they were able to attend it then counted as 38 even if they still only watched 10 each..i know a few pple that bought for this reason as it still only worked out at 30 quid a game and you were guaranteed a seat ...you only had to look around the ground to see that they were not the only ones as the screen kept saying 30k plus but there were empty seats everywhere..


I know a few people from my local who won't be going down this season because we are not playing against the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. They attended to watch PL football, and two of them are actually avid Arsenal followers. No doubt they will be trying to get season tickets again the next time we pay the PL a visit.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Everyone will have their reasons why they have renewed or not, some will be genuine and some won't. C'est La Vie.

What I don't get is some of the comments, how can anyone be glad. Playing in that Stadium full last season was immense. I am pretty gutted we never stayed up and kept those fans who would hopefully have stuck around with the Clubs growth just like all those that did after Sam took over when we had a period of success and promotions.

I'll be there next season of course but playing in a Stadium just over half full saddens me.



The people who seem pleased that we went down are a strange bunch, we needed to stay up. We've instantly lost not far off 10,000 fans, hopefully we'll get off to a decent start and many of them will return.


For me to lose nearly 10,000 fans, is heartbreaking as last season everyone was saying how amazing our loyal support was, for me over 30% of our support is very very fickle and really only turned up to watch the opposition not Cardiff City :cry:



but we haven't lost 10k fans..weve just sold 10k less season tickets { I don't think its even 10k } ..we like lots of clubs have fans who walk up regular or just now and again who realise that being in the Premier league also means certain games will sell out , so therefore took a hit and bought a ST to make sure they got tickets for whatever games they wanted to see...



Ok we will see what the average is this season to last season and see if 10,000 disappears, I can tell you now they will have.



people going less frequently doesn't mean we have lost them. of course our attendances will be down its how football works and isn't what I said..if bill and ted normally go to 10 games a season each it counts as a total of 20...if they both bought STs last season to ensure they goit to see games they were able to attend it then counted as 38 even if they still only watched 10 each..i know a few pple that bought for this reason as it still only worked out at 30 quid a game and you were guaranteed a seat ...you only had to look around the ground to see that they were not the only ones as the screen kept saying 30k plus but there were empty seats everywhere..


I know a few people from my local who won't be going down this season because we are not playing against the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. They attended to watch PL football, and two of them are actually avid Arsenal followers. No doubt they will be trying to get season tickets again the next time we pay the PL a visit.



mate ..the vast majority of STs were sold prior to us even being promoted..
yes someone knows an Arsenal fan that forked out 300 quid just to be in the home end for that game...hardly a majority or even a small minority..
dogfound
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 pm

I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6558
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.

Well said Tonteg,but remember,to be classed as a die hard,you must renew as a matter of urgency :D forget you're holiday and renew man :laughing5: you aren't allowed a life outside the ccs :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.


Same as mate.

I just spent the best part of £1,000 on a long weekend in Devon. And iv got to find money to take us away in the school holidays whilst alo pay the deposit on a foreign holiday next August before the boy turns 18 and doesn't want to come anymore. That's £4,500 for for that but iv got a year to pay for it £375 a month, thanks for that lol.

Seriously I don't know how people go home and away week in week out, you either have no life outside of football or are millionaires or retired.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 am

between 1973 and 2008 that's 35 years ,our biggest average attendance was 15k most were much much lower. even failed to average 14k in the cup final year..


now we have all this negativity because we have only sold 16k STs in June ??????????...
dogfound
 
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:28 am

RV Casual wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.


Same as mate.

I just spent the best part of £1,000 on a long weekend in Devon. And iv got to find money to take us away in the school holidays whilst alo pay the deposit on a foreign holiday next August before the boy turns 18 and doesn't want to come anymore. That's £4,500 for for that but iv got a year to pay for it £375 a month, thanks for that lol.

Seriously I don't know how people go home and away week in week out, you either have no life outside of football or are millionaires or retired.


How can you spend 1k on a weekend break in Devon? You must be a millionaire?!
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Scoularfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:40 am

Sad but fact is people will go to see top teams ,top players,most charismatic managers etc it's on TV in the papers on the news even people who don't know football know the premiership .
Yes most of us would support City in the National league ,but like it or lump it the prem means commercial success equals full stadia,comes as no surprise to me unfortunately.
Scoularfan
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.


Same as mate.

I just spent the best part of £1,000 on a long weekend in Devon. And iv got to find money to take us away in the school holidays whilst alo pay the deposit on a foreign holiday next August before the boy turns 18 and doesn't want to come anymore. That's £4,500 for for that but iv got a year to pay for it £375 a month, thanks for that lol.

Seriously I don't know how people go home and away week in week out, you either have no life outside of football or are millionaires or retired.


How can you spend 1k on a weekend break in Devon? You must be a millionaire?!


The Caravan was £400
The Zoo was £100 for entry alone.

That's half.

£50 on fuel.
£150 on drinks in the Clubhouse
£250 on meals, ice creams and snacks

And that wasn't going wild. Sure if we had eat all our meals in the Caravan could have saved monet but only there for 3 days so was out and about.

I'm not a millionaire lol but that's the going rate these days for these type of things isn't it?
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 am

RV Casual wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.


Same as mate.

I just spent the best part of £1,000 on a long weekend in Devon. And iv got to find money to take us away in the school holidays whilst alo pay the deposit on a foreign holiday next August before the boy turns 18 and doesn't want to come anymore. That's £4,500 for for that but iv got a year to pay for it £375 a month, thanks for that lol.

Seriously I don't know how people go home and away week in week out, you either have no life outside of football or are millionaires or retired.


How can you spend 1k on a weekend break in Devon? You must be a millionaire?!


The Caravan was £400
The Zoo was £100 for entry alone.

That's half.

£50 on fuel.
£150 on drinks in the Clubhouse
£250 on meals, ice creams and snacks

And that wasn't going wild. Sure if we had eat all our meals in the Caravan could have saved monet but only there for 3 days so was out and about.

I'm not a millionaire lol but that's the going rate these days for these type of things isn't it?


I was only saying it tongue in cheek. But jeez, now you put it like that... Life is expensive.
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 am

Quite a few City that I met over in Croatia/Hungary were getting that trip and all the costs involved out of the way, before they even thought about renewing their season tickets. The only slightly surprising aspect of this, is not that we will sell far less season tickets this season, but that the club never stated immediately the season finished, that the Upper stand would be closed for this coming season. :roll:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
User avatar
Leytonstoneblue
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: London

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 am

dogfound wrote:between 1973 and 2008 that's 35 years ,our biggest average attendance was 15k most were much much lower. even failed to average 14k in the cup final year..


now we have all this negativity because we have only sold 16k STs in June ??????????...



We've had this argument every season about our fans and why they don't buy season tickets? The plain truth is what they are going to watch as got to be worth the expense especially for general football fans rather than being a city fan a big difference in attitude between the two! Yes in premier league find money but then it's an excellent product with world's best players which people want to watch can you say same about championship? 16k is good considering relegation plenty time for that to rise depending on what's done in transfer window? Suspect average be 20k or more which if take out 3k away end thats only 8k short of home capacity . As been pointed out on many occasions we've never had higher average attendance for many years than we've had recently.. :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 17320
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.

Well said Tonteg,but remember,to be classed as a die hard,you must renew as a matter of urgency :D forget you're holiday and renew man :laughing5: you aren't allowed a life outside the ccs :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:


You’re right, how selfish of me. How dare I put my holiday before renewing! :lol:
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6558
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: CCFC “ SEASON TICKET SALES / UPPER STAND CLOSED “

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I haven’t renewed mine yet. I spent a fortune travelling home and away last season and now I’m saving for a summer holiday. We are only approaching the middle of June and I would assume there are several thousands of fans like myself who haven’t got around to renewing just yet because of other circumstances.

Well said Tonteg,but remember,to be classed as a die hard,you must renew as a matter of urgency :D forget you're holiday and renew man :laughing5: you aren't allowed a life outside the ccs :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:


You’re right, how selfish of me. How dare I put my holiday before renewing! :lol:



Yes your not allowed to have other financial commitments if not in premier league! :laughing6:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 17320
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CF23 Bluebird, Cheshirebluebird, Deano1, Google [Bot], lincoln blue, Ogmore by blue, Tonteg Bluebird and 114 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.