Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Craig Bellamy linked with shock new job '

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Story online saying possible move to anderlecht as is good friends with company?

Wales and Cardiff City great Craig Bellamy linked with shock new job

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Cardiff City's Craig Bellamy has been linked with a shock move to Belgian giants Anderlecht.

The 39-year-old, who currently holds the role of Bluebirds youth boss, is good friends with Anderlecht's new player-manager Vincent Kompany, who has just left Premier League champions Manchester City to take up the position with his former side.

Rumours were fuelled over the weekend with reports in Belgium linking Kompany and Bellamy with a reunion and assistant manager.

David Steegen, former press officer, but still employed by Anderlecht, posted a photo of himself and Bellamy on Instagram with the caption 'My new colleague', report Voetbalkrant.com .

Bellamy is currently still under investigation over allegations of bullying at Cardiff , with the club moving to dismiss national media reports last month that he had been removed from his position.

A club statement issued to WalesOnline last month read: "The investigation is ongoing and no formal decisions have been taken.

"There will be no further comment until the investigation process is complete."

Bellamy has strenuously denied the allegations against him and vowed to fully co-operate with the club's inquiry before standing down from his position at the club.

He has always been keen to become Cardiff and Wales manager. Bellamy was in talks for the Welsh post vacated by Chris Coleman and gave what FA of Wales insiders dubbed a 'Hollywood interview'.

However, despite Bellamy and fellow interviewee Osian Roberts impressing the FAW, they opted to give the role to Ryan Giggs, who also spelt out his vision for the Welsh game.

Bellamy has always said he would be prepared to work his way up the management ladder, starting at the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bellamy?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:41 pm

because of kompany - probably a load of rubbish

Re: ' Craig Bellamy linked with shock new job '

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Story online saying possible move to anderlecht as is good friends with company?

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Cardiff City's Craig Bellamy has been linked with a shock move to Belgian giants Anderlecht.

The 39-year-old, who currently holds the role of Bluebirds youth boss, is good friends with Anderlecht's new player-manager Vincent Kompany, who has just left Premier League champions Manchester City to take up the position with his former side.

Rumours were fuelled over the weekend with reports in Belgium linking Kompany and Bellamy with a reunion and assistant manager.

David Steegen, former press officer, but still employed by Anderlecht, posted a photo of himself and Bellamy on Instagram with the caption 'My new colleague', report Voetbalkrant.com .

Bellamy is currently still under investigation over allegations of bullying at Cardiff , with the club moving to dismiss national media reports last month that he had been removed from his position.

A club statement issued to WalesOnline last month read: "The investigation is ongoing and no formal decisions have been taken.

Bellamy has strenuously denied the allegations against him and vowed to fully co-operate with the club's inquiry before standing down from his position at the club.

He has always been keen to become Cardiff and Wales manager. Bellamy was in talks for the Welsh post vacated by Chris Coleman and gave what FA of Wales insiders dubbed a 'Hollywood interview'.

However, despite Bellamy and fellow interviewee Osian Roberts impressing the FAW, they opted to give the role to Ryan Giggs, who also spelt out his vision for the Welsh game.

Bellamy has always said he would be prepared to work his way up the management ladder, starting at the bottom.

Thanks for putting article in it would take me for ever to do it :laughing6: :thumbup:

Re: Bellamy?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:26 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:because of kompany - probably a load of rubbish

Well not appreciated here so why not go abroad ?

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Story online saying possible move to anderlecht as is good friends with company?

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Thanks for putting article in it would take me for ever to do it :laughing6: :thumbup:

:lol:

No problem Allan, I saw your topic and you were the first to put it out.

Bellamy is coming to Santa Ponsa for a week in July I will ask him :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Bellamy is coming to Santa Ponsa for a week in July I will ask him :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mmmm You putting him up in your mansion? :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Quarter of the size of where Bells stays :lol:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

By Matthew Davies

Saturday 15th June 2019

Quarter of the size of where Bells stays :lol:

Only a quarter? No wonder you've gone to live there the tax must be low! :lol: went there about 26yrs ago ! Anyway back to op Perhaps it's best if he goes there build his reputation and come back maybe to Welsh job he was after or city even? :shock:

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Cut him off, he isn't needed here.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 pm

It'd be ideal.
He can say stupid stuff all the time and they won't understand .

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:It'd be ideal.
He can say stupid stuff all the time and they won't understand .

Pot, kettle and black :laughing5:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Kompany is one of the most composed and intelligible people in football, could do Bellers a world of good to work for him