Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SPENDING BIG, OR BARGAIN BASEMENT.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:43 am

Just wondering which way we are going, at the moment its rumoured we are going for 2 players which i hope are going to be gems, but it sound more bargain basement, from Oxford united and Rotherham united with respect,
If we are going to push to be straight back to the prem, are these the players we require? Vaulks i have only seen playing for wales and from what i have seen he is no better than bacuna,
the other guy from oxford i have not seen play,
What has happened to our interest in ampadu as a replacment for camarassa? this would be the sort of midfielder i was hoping we would be pushing for,
Aston villa are now sniffing to loan him for the season,so thats probably that one gone.

I live in hope we are going to sign some real quality, and show our intensions for the push back to the prem and to keep the fans coming through the turnstile's.

Re: SPENDING BIG, OR BARGAIN BASEMENT.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:58 am

montyblue wrote:Just wondering which way we are going, at the moment its rumoured we are going for 2 players which i hope are going to be gems, but it sound more bargain basement, from Oxford united and Rotherham united with respect,
If we are going to push to be straight back to the prem, are these the players we require? Vaulks i have only seen playing for wales and from what i have seen he is no better than bacuna,
What has happened to our interest in ampadu as a replacment for camarassa? this would be the sort of midfielder i was hoping we would be pushing for,
Aston villa are now sniffing to loan him for the season,so thats probably that one gone.

I live in hope we are going to sign some real quality, and show our intensions for the push back to the prem and to keep the fans coming through the turnstile's.

Sometimes it's not the quality that counts although it helps, with nw it's about fitting in with his style of play and tactics Ronaldo would struggle in a nw system.! But plenty of time for quality to come in probably on loan. :thumbup:

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:28 am

montyblue wrote:Just wondering which way we are going, at the moment its rumoured we are going for 2 players which i hope are going to be gems, but it sound more bargain basement, from Oxford united and Rotherham united with respect,

I think your making a lot of assumptions. These players are only rumoured and even if they do sign they may just be squad players.

Everyone keeps saying Warnock built a championship squad in the premiership ready for if we went down, so where is it?

Personally I'd rather we sold off a couple of players and rebuilt the squad that's way while investing on top. I'd rather that than just throwing money at it with very little guarantees.

To be honest I think one of Warnocks weaknesses maybe when he has to many options and chops and changes it to much.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am

Ampadu for camarasa they play totally different roles
Bobby reid will play 10 instead more than good enough
Looks like Warnock is signing 2 players vaulks and Nelson r 2 players who use to be captains at their clubs so more of a voice and leadership in dressing room.

Judging by Warnock business and track record I'm happy with the free transfers and lower league players he brings in cos the players he's bought for big money have been poor.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:41 am

The chances of Ampadu leaving Chelsea are slim in the extreme. They will want retain players because of the transfer ban. Even if they do let Ampadu go, they will only do so after the new manager has assessed his squad in pre-season.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 am

I just don't see the point in forking out big fees (for us) on players like Madine, Tomlin and Bogle to send them out on loan. Then we've paid out big fees for Reid, Murphy, Smithies and Bacuna and none have been first names on the team sheet. It doesn't make much sense to me. I want what little money there is spent on decent players who will be straight into the team to improve it.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am

ABERDARE BLUE

What i meant by ampadu for camarassa, was more the quality of the player, not as an out and out same style of play replacment .

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 pm

montyblue wrote:ABERDARE BLUE

What i meant by ampadu for camarassa, was more the quality of the player, not as an out and out same style of play replacment .

Fair enough. Even tho I don't think he's anywhere near camarasa level just cos he's welsh we hype him up hasn't done it anywhere for a season so would be a gamble to pin our hopes on a kid stepping up and doing s job in championship for a season. Plus with Chelsea transfer ban can't see him going anywhere or if he did It would be prem loan. I would happily take him tho

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:ABERDARE BLUE

Fair enough. Even tho I don't think he's anywhere near camarasa level just cos he's welsh we hype him up hasn't done it anywhere for a season so would be a gamble to pin our hopes on a kid stepping up and doing s job in championship for a season. Plus with Chelsea transfer ban can't see him going anywhere or if he did It would be prem loan. I would happily take him tho

I have a mancrush on Ampadu. :lol: Totally different player to Camarasa but the potential is far-far greater.Could be another Ray Wilkins in my book.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Don Keydick wrote:I just don't see the point in forking out big fees (for us) on players like Madine, Tomlin and Bogle to send them out on loan. Then we've paid out big fees for Reid, Murphy, Smithies and Bacuna and none have been first names on the team sheet. It doesn't make much sense to me. I want what little money there is spent on decent players who will be straight into the team to improve it.

It's frustrating, isn't it!

You try to improve upon what you already have and that means that certain players would have to step down from the first team and become cover themselves.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Lets be honest its bargain basement, but in fairness that's where Warnock seems to get the best players. Id love to see us attack the league and bring in some fringe prem players or top championship players with high technical ability but I don't see it happening.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm

it sounds...what happened to...your reading a lot of very iffy articles put up on here for debate that are actually taken from the likes of football world and inside football and treating them as if written in stone by Neil Warnock himself..

most of what they write is rubbish or stolen , often from equally unreliable sources but if they throw a players name in people bite..
heres an example of the level of journalism and accuracy FLW came up with yesterday
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/cardi ... t-history/

if this same muppet said we were interested in bill bloggs reserve team striker for brecon reserves youd buy into it...??????

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Lets be honest its bargain basement, but in fairness that's where Warnock seems to get the best players. Id love to see us attack the league and bring in some fringe prem players or top championship players with high technical ability but I don't see it happening.

Based on what? You have no idea the plans for the summer other than a few articles.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 pm

It may be wishful thinking but I'd love us to scour La Lige for a couple of ball playing Spaniards rather than searching for home-grown players who treat the ball like a hot potato. A simplistic view granted but I've always loved seeing a player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:It may be wishful thinking but I'd love us to scour La Lige for a couple of ball playing Spaniards rather than searching for home-grown players who treat the ball like a hot potato. A simplistic view granted but I've always loved seeing a player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Probably need to change managers then :lol: